2013 Spyderco Forum Knife Native5 - C41GPGR5

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Buck Knives I Like

Post by Buck Knives I Like »

CarbonFiberNut wrote:Your opinion is great and all, but the people whose opinion actually matters - the people who run this forum and this company, have already made it quite clear that the knife is intended for anyone who seeks out these forums, whether as a regular poster or person here to absorb knowledge. This is not a military medal, and trying to elevate posting on an internet forum to the same sort of level to make your point is downright offensive to people who have served, or who have had loved ones who have served. You're a guy behind your keyboard posting on the internet - get over yourself and be thankful that the awesome folks at Spyderco are so inclusive and attentive to their fans that they offer awesome opportunities to have things like this forum knife.

You say that the attitudes of the new people are what have soured you to the forum knife - I say the the attitude of "long time" forum users who want to exclude and demean people are what have soured me... not on the knife, but on the individual posters who arrogantly try to put their own opinions above those of the very people who decided to offer this amazing gesture in the first place. One new guy hoping to sell off his knife is a lot less offensive to me than one long-time poster who paints all new users with a broad and insulting brush.
Dude not to be rude or anything but I'm a collector of knives, I collect knives. I don't know what your or others peoples agendas are, And frankly I don't care. But if you think you can make me feel bad about paying money?? think again, im a customer anxious to spend money and that is a bad thing? really dude? then spyderco should have made is limited to 1 per person and also made it so that only the people you consider worthy could purchase the knife. Stop your crying.
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

Evil D wrote:Ok keyboard commando. I may not make the rules, but reading is not contributing.
I would argue that crapping all over people who are new and want to participate in something cool the company is doing doesn't really count as "contributing" either.

I'd rather take a silent user over your so-called "contributions" to this discussion so far.

Also, not a keyboard warrior at all - I wish everyone here would be less hostile about this, and my entire point is that the hostility is missing the point. From a new guy who wants to make multiple accounts to skirt the cap of two knives per person, to an old guy who wants to exclude everyone who is not as "special" as he is, both are bringing the discussion down. Why can't we all just step back and thank Spyderco for giving us this chance?
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

Buck Knives I Like wrote:Dude not to be rude or anything but I'm a collector of knives, I collect knives. I don't know what others peoples agendas are.. And frankly I don't care. But if you think you can make me feel bad about paying money?? that im a customer anxious to spend money and that is a bad thing.. then spyderco should have made is limited to 1 per person and also made it so that only the people you consider worthy could purchase the knife.
Um, I'm not the one attacking you here, dude - nothing I said was directed at you, they were squarely pointed at the things Evil D said. Perhaps you should re-read my post before assuming I am attacking you.
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

I'm honestly at a loss for words. Thread Closed.
There is nothing more important than this one day.