2013 Spyderco Forum Knife Native5 - C41GPGR5

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Great news, great that once more a native is the forum knife. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the ordering/release date!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I am so ready for this one. This year may become the year of the native instead if the year of Superblue. The diamond (chain-link fence) pattern is a nice touch!

I see the limit of two.... so how many are planned for production?
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

I also like that there's no boyle dent in the backlock.
Raylas

Post by Raylas »

I want it so bad, but I can never have one because I live in NY.

... I hate my life sometimes, I really do.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.
[ENFORCER]

Post by [ENFORCER] »

Well, I'll be buying 5 of those...
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

'[FORUM ENFORCER wrote:]Well, I'll be buying 5 of those...
Actually, you'll be buying no more than 2 of those unless you cheat ;)
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
[ENFORCER]

Post by [ENFORCER] »

Evil D wrote:Actually, you'll be buying no more than 2 of those unless you cheat ;)
Not cheating if I have a couple friends buy 2 for me... :D
And I have 2 addresses/fake names/cards, so I think it'll be pretty easy if for some reason I magically lose all my friends.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Super legal in my neck of the woods(Everett's 3" is the most restrictive), super steel, love the diamond pattern and GREEN!

I'll scrape up the money to get 2 of these.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Very cool! Excited for it.
On the hunt for...
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

'[FORUM ENFORCER wrote:]Not cheating if I have a couple friends buy 2 for me... :D
And I have 2 addresses/fake names/cards, so I think it'll be pretty easy if for some reason I magically lose all my friends.
Actually, that probably is cheating. I'm sure this happens... but advertising it openly like this is probably not going to make you a lot of friends here. There have been problems in the past with people not getting forum knives when they want them because others snatched up multiple knives and then pawned them off on Ebay.

So I would suggest that 1) you don't do as you advertised, and 2) if you do... you don't advertise or gloat about it. You can do as you like, but what you suggest is a way to get around Spyderco's rules and will likely offend a good number of people here.

Anyway... sorry, I'm off my soap box now.
[ENFORCER]

Post by [ENFORCER] »

captnvegtble wrote:Actually, that probably is cheating. I'm sure this happens... but advertising it openly like this is probably not going to make you a lot of friends here. There have been problems in the past with people not getting forum knives when they want them because others snatched up multiple knives and then pawned them off on Ebay.

So I would suggest that 1) you don't do as you advertised, and 2) if you do... you don't advertise or gloat about it. You can do as you like, but what you suggest is a way to get around Spyderco's rules and will likely offend a good number of people here.

Anyway... sorry, I'm off my soap box now.
Come on, you don't seriously believe I have 2 addresses, I'm not THAT rich.
I don't plan on making friends here, but, **** happens.
I'm banned from eBay and blade forums, so I won't be reselling, I was planning on giving one away, but, **** with it, maybe I won't. :o

Anyways, I'm sure SPY has enuff for all of us, plus a throusand.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Looks awesome, Kristi. My first forum knife and my first Native. Love the unique scale texturing and green G10! Homerun and awesome price.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

'[FORUM ENFORCER wrote:]Come on, you don't seriously believe I have 2 addresses, I'm not THAT rich.
I don't plan on making friends here, but, **** happens.
I'm banned from eBay and blade forums, so I won't be reselling, I was planning on giving one away, but, **** with it, maybe I won't. :o

Anyways, I'm sure SPY has enuff for all of us, plus a throusand.

You're getting off to a bad start, friend. Better listen to the Captain. The part about being banned does not promote confidence either; add in number of posts and the stereotype of a troll comes to mind.

In fact it is very common to have two addresses, home and work.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
[ENFORCER]

Post by [ENFORCER] »

Sequimite wrote:You're getting off to a bad start, friend. Better listen to the Captain. The part about being banned does not promote confidence either; add in number of posts and the stereotype of a troll comes to mind.

In fact it is very common to have two addresses, home and work.
You're right!
I didn't think of that.

But whenever I mention getting banned, all the sheep run away thinking "bloody troll" when really, it is the people who banned me who were at fault.
But that's another story, not here, not now.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

'[FORUM ENFORCER wrote:]Anyways, I'm sure SPY has enuff for all of us, plus a throusand.
Unless I missed it, I didn't see it specified how many there were going to be. If I was to guess, based on previous forum knives, it probably wont be near a thousand. Probably closer to half that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
[ENFORCER]

Post by [ENFORCER] »

Jay_Ev wrote:Unless I missed it, I didn't see it specified how many there were going to be. If I was to guess, based on previous forum knives, it probably wont be near a thousand. Probably closer to half that.
Well, who knows...
I'm sure they will have between 500-1000.
Prospero

Post by Prospero »

WOW!!! Just saw this thread..!!!! It IS worth the wait. Thanks Sal, Eric, Taz, and Spydercrew for making this possible. I wonder if the green scales will match my (upcoming) green PM2??? :D :p
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

'[FORUM ENFORCER wrote:]Well, who knows...
I'm sure they will have between 500-1000.
If I remember right, there were 300 last time. Given the demand last time one might expect more this time, but the last one sold for less than half of what this one will, which will depress sales. Also, a small company like Spyderco stays in business by being conservative, so Ill bet on a 300 unit run once again.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Jay_Ev wrote:Unless I missed it, I didn't see it specified how many there were going to be. If I was to guess, based on previous forum knives, it probably wont be near a thousand. Probably closer to half that.
Jay,
Remember last time. It was 300 knives and many pissed-off people, who didn't get any. I do not remember if there was 2 pieces limit. I am certainly getting two this time.
R
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
[ENFORCER]

Post by [ENFORCER] »

If your last run was of 300 pcs, and people were pissed they couldn't get any, I would think you would double it.