Waved matriarch 2 SE?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Popsickle

Waved matriarch 2 SE?

Post by Popsickle »

When is this supposed to come out? It's wicked!
BAL

Post by BAL »

personally, I am not a waved fan, however there is something about
the way it makes the Matriarch look thaty is very appealing. It slims
down the blade and makes the curve look more wicked.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I think it's out now.
gtrtech

Post by gtrtech »

GPK has them in stock.
The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
"Ted Nugent"

Club 71
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

They also just went up on Howes.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
Infinite Zero

Post by Infinite Zero »

Got mine today. I'm surprised the Matriarch (or Civilian for that matter) ever came without a wave. If any Spydie was perfectly-suited for wave opening it's the Matriarch!

Holland

Post by Holland »

beautiful knife, thanks for sharing
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I am very tempted to buy. I wish scales were different color, like on the cover of the catalog
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Kev83

Post by Kev83 »

Very nice! I like the wave feature on knives designed specifically for self defense. The faster the deployment the better!
BAL

Post by BAL »

I like the looks that that knife quite a bit and the price is fine, but I have numerous
Endura's and they have the same handle. I need to quit looking at the picture, before
I end up getting one though.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Mine will be here Monday :) . Along with a pingo
DRH

Post by DRH »

Okay ..... I've been pondering this for a few days now. I guess my ignorance is shining through, so somebody help me understand. I can extract and deploy a knife from my pocket fairly quickly and safely .... especially a tip-up Spyderco or a flipper. I have never been overly attracted to waved knives, though have a couple Cold Steel knives that (while not technically waved, can be opened as such). In the case of the the Matriarch 2 (or similarly shaped blade), how can people deploy the knife using the wave feature and ensure legs and pockets are not cut by that viciously curvy blade tip .... especially in a situation where adrenaline is pumping .... such as in a SD situation? Infinite Zero (or anyone else who has one of the new waved M2s) .... have you practiced this? Legs and pockets still doing fine. Have thought about adding a Matriarch 2 or Lil' Matriarch to my collection ..... but, can't say it'll be one of the waved M2s.
-------------------------
My Knife Collection
(Updated 6/16/2016)

Dennis in PA
Infinite Zero

Post by Infinite Zero »

I haven't had a problem, the blade opens outside of the pocket with the spine facing the pocket edge.
Kevzworld

Post by Kevzworld »

The blade opens as you pull away from the pocket so by the time it's fully opened its being pulled away from your body. I reversed the pocket clip on mine so that it looks like I would carry it tip up in my left pocket but I carry it in my right pocket ,when I pull it out of my pocket the wave deploys the blade & it's in the reverse grip & ready for nonsense to be handled. I've always carried like this & I've never been cut or poked by using the wave feature
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

BAL wrote:I like the looks that that knife quite a bit and the price is fine, but I have numerous
Endura's and they have the same handle. I need to quit looking at the picture, before
I end up getting one though.
No you mustn't stop looking imagine having it and feed your spyder habit Bal .
If you don't like it you can always let it emigrate to the uk (cough) ;)
BAL

Post by BAL »

Bladekeeper wrote:No you mustn't stop looking imagine having it and feed your spyder habit Bal .
If you don't like it you can always let it emigrate to the uk (cough) ;)
Yeah, here I am again this morning looking at the picture. The problem Bladekeeper is that once I get a
blade it's a keeper. I have never sold a knife, so it would just have to be used and used and used.....
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

bh49 wrote:I am very tempted to buy. I wish scales were different color, like on the cover of the catalog
The scales are in fact black. The one on the cover was a stock knife and the scales were also black. The accent lighting in the photo was added to show off the texture of the handle and create a police theme. It added a bluish color to the look of the scales.

Stay safe,

Mike
Michael Janich
Spyderco Special Projects Coordinator
Founder and Lead Instructor, Martial Blade Concepts
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

BAL wrote:Yeah, here I am again this morning looking at the picture. The problem Bladekeeper is that once I get a
blade it's a keeper. I have never sold a knife, so it would just have to be used and used and used.....
Your preaching to the choir BAL Blade-keeper lol get it .
Vines will quiver , cardboard will wilt plastic will shrink .
At the sound of the Emerson and Matriarchal clank ;) .
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

This is one of my favorite knife concepts around. I used to laugh at people who carried knives with emerson waves, thinking "oh when would you ever really need it open that fast," and that it looked funny and got in the way. Now I carry the M2W all the time, deploys effortlessly, looks beautiful, and even opens bottles for me. :rolleyes: Great knife.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
CAMAROMAN

Post by CAMAROMAN »

I am very pleased with the waved Matriarch!! Like mine alot.
:spyder: Laci Szabo, Military (digital camo), Navaja,Centofante 3 , Persian 2,Lum Chinese, Ladybug ZDP, Tasman Salt, Native,Viele, Spin, Persistance, Dragonfly, Manix 2, Pingo, Impala, T-mag

"A knifeless man is a lifeless man" - old Nordic proverb