Intro, New to the Forum

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bmoe

Intro, New to the Forum

Post by bmoe »

Like the title says I am new here, long time firearms forum member but this is my first knife forum. I have recently got "bit by the bug", last 12 years as Fireman/medic I have carrier Spyderco, Benchmade, Kershaw and Byrd. Byrd seemed to renew my interest in Spyderco and I kind of went crazy the last month. Picked up an Endura (my first on duty knife years ago), Tenacious and Resilience. Loving the Tenacious. I have a few stainless Cara Cara's as well. Thanks for having me.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Welcome bmoe. It's a great forum except it costs quite a bit.
Not in fees, just that people post pics of their new knives and
somehow you end up ordering one yourself.

We get into some interesting gun conversations on here as well.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

BAL wrote:It's a great forum except it costs quite a bit.
In that vein, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES read anything by Wouter (Mr Blonde on this forum) ;) Especially anything titled "Amsterdam"

You'll thank me.

And "Welcome"

Ken
玉鋼
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Hello and welcome to here.

Bal was right when saying it could get expensive reading this forum. If you want another knife and ask for opinions of different models you may get so many opinions it might be harder to choose than if you just thought about it yourself. :) Heck, I'll even give you an opinion before you ask. Sage (any model, there are 4), Bradley Folder (previously Gayle Bradley) and one of the Manbugs. :D
bmoe

Post by bmoe »

Yeah I have been fighting these issues with firearms for years. "Now I think I need this one..............oh and this one as well". Lol.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay.

My advice is, don't buy a $100+ knife. They are too easy to like. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

Welcome. Hide your wallet while you still can!
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

jackknifeh wrote:
ask for opinions of different models you may get so many opinions it might be harder to choose than if you just thought about it yourself. :)
May????

;)

Ken
玉鋼
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

kbuzbee wrote:May????

;)

Ken
I know, I use the word loosely. :)
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Welcome bmoe. I hope you find your time here as interesting and insightful as I have. It is an expensive forum to be a part of, but generally worth it. :D
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

BAL wrote:Welcome bmoe. It's a great forum except it costs quite a bit.

We get into some interesting gun conversations on here as well.
Laughed out loud! :D

Seriously, this is one of the best-tempered places on the internet, and one of very, very few where the guy who owns and runs the company stops by to listen to his customers. :spyder:
bmoe

Post by bmoe »

Sounds like a nice forum, hopefully I can bring something to the table here. I ordered a Cara Cara 2 G10 today...............I need help.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

bmoe wrote:Sounds like a nice forum, hopefully I can bring something to the table here. I ordered a Cara Cara 2 G10 today...............I need help.
Not yet, but you will. ;)

Think on this moment when you make your "I need more pockets" post. ;)

Ken
玉鋼
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Welcome aboard, bmoe! You've certainly come to the right place. :) I second the others' cautions with regard to knife buying. Just remember that buying Spyderco knives is a lot like buying shots of your favorite adult beverage: "Just one more" is never enough. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
BAL

Post by BAL »

Let me go ahead and recommend the Para Miltary 2, and the Yojimbo 2, oh and the Military
and the Delica and Endura are great buys, the Tuff is a beast, and the Salts are great for
anything in water....and JD will be telling you about the older knives and the hawkbills and
the fixed blades... love the little ladybug, or maybe the jester or dragonfly... Manix, Chaparral
Native, the Glock 26 (sorry wrong thread) definately the Gail Bradley, oh and the Caly.... and ...

you get the idea.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

BAL wrote:Let me go ahead and recommend the Para Miltary 2, and the Yojimbo 2, oh and the Military
and the Delica and Endura are great buys, the Tuff is a beast, and the Salts are great for
anything in water....and JD will be telling you about the older knives and the hawkbills and
the fixed blades... love the little ladybug, or maybe the jester or dragonfly... Manix, Chaparral
Native, the Glock 26 (sorry wrong thread) definately the Gail Bradley, oh and the Caly.... and ...

you get the idea.
Told ya! Suggestions and you haven't even asked yet. :) Have you downloaded the two catalogs from Spyderco.com yet? Different formats. Ordered a "normal" catalog? You know, the kind you don't need electricity to look at. :D You need two, one for beside your favorite chair and one for the bathroom. :)
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

jackknifeh wrote: Ordered a "normal" catalog? You know, the kind you don't need electricity to look at. :D You need two, one for beside your favorite chair and one for the bathroom. :)
What about the one you keep in your car? And the one out in the work shed? ;)

Ken
玉鋼
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

kbuzbee wrote:What about the one you keep in your car? And the one out in the work shed? ;)

Ken
Had one in the car but while reading it I took out two stop signs and a mail box. :eek:
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

jackknifeh wrote:Had one in the car but while reading it I took out two stop signs and a mail box. :eek:
Repeat after me: "only read it while I'm not moving...only read it while I'm not moving...only read it while I'm not moving..." ;)

Ken
玉鋼
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

kbuzbee wrote:Repeat after me: "only read it while I'm not moving...only read it while I'm not moving...only read it while I'm not moving..." ;)

Ken
:)