Love this little knife!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ned

Love this little knife!

Post by Ned »

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I just have to say that I have a few knives including 8 Spydercos and on a whim I ordered a squeak. I must confess that this thing goes with me everywhere now! I just love this super little knife. I think I may have to get a pink one for my daughter. Anyone else love their squeak?
Holland

Post by Holland »

never held one, but they do look interesting. Welcome to the forums!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I carry mine every once in a while. I ground down the spine because the blade was a tad to wide. I love that it's a slip joint, makes it a fast open, cut, and close knife.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ned

Post by Ned »

That's what I like about it, such a handy little bugger...it's a powerful cutter for it's size.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I love that thing. I use it so often it throws me off when I use a locking spydie.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I got a pink one for my mom last Christmas. After holding it, I decided that the Squeak just isn't for me (my mom liked it though).
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Ned,

Welcome to our forum. Thanx for the interest and support.

The whole Slipit / slip joint project began with the Brits and their helping me design a knife to meet their country's knife laws. We ended up with the "UK Pen Knife" often called the "UKPK". Then it was continually refined over a 5-6 year period, trying a number of variations to end up where we are now. The "Squeak" was our "cute" version that we thought would be polically correct and socially friendly in most areas of the world.

We're still trying to figure out the best way to make a model between the "UKPK" and the "Squeak". We made the "Urban" in Seki, but the cost ended up too high and the model was disco'd.

sal
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

The Squeak is one of my all time favorite knives...Spyderco or otherwise...IMO a perfect edc blade. Of course...I am more prone to use smaller knives. Sal...thanks so much for designing this gem of a blade...
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
Ned

Post by Ned »

Thank you Sal, it's to bad about the urban, good thing I just bought the Warncliff,I plan on getting the leaf as well. They are elegant designs and I am a sucker for G10..
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Welcome to the forum Ned and yep, I like it a lot too.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Welcome Ned, The only bad thing about the Squeak is that it is only
one of a countless number of Spyderco knives for your pocket.

No matter how much you like one, there is always another one that
catches your eye.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

sal wrote:We ended up with the "UK Pen Knife" often called the "UKPK".
Or, the best of that series... The DPFGUKPK! ;)

Ken
玉鋼
KnOeFz

Post by KnOeFz »

I have one and I love it.
Opens real easy with 1 hand, feels very solid.

And slipjoints have the future with strickter knifelaws all over te world.
:spyder: I don't mind going nowhere, as long as it's an interesting path. - Ronald Mabbitt
bartvdb

Post by bartvdb »

love mine !!!!! use it a lot . it is legal so it has a lot of pocket time on hollyday's
VictorLouis

Post by VictorLouis »

Just got to handle this one today. Had it NOT been in pink, LOL, it would've went home with me. I'll have to order one...
The strength of the spring, and the choil hold, are all that one needs to feel safe in using it for anything 'normal'. The spring resistance to closing it was much more than I felt on the earlier hollow ground UKPK.
Stretch VG10 FRN, Caly Jr. VG10 FRN.
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

I love my pink squeak! Have it clipped inside the waste band of my workout shorts right now. The shape of the choil and scales make for a perfect three finger grip in my hand with my pinky dropping behind the end of the scales making for a comfy stop similar to a lanyard. I am really digging the N690 blade steel also. Sharpens very easy, takes a great toothy edge like a non-stainless carbon steel blade and has held that edge better than similar mid-range steels like S30V, 154cm, etc.. for me. The pattern molded into the FRM is my favorite of all the styles that spyderco uses, reminds me a lot of G10. If I remember right there is an orange Squeak that is supposed to be coming out one of these days and if that is the case I will just have to get a second one!
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
sbwings

Post by sbwings »

Love mine also!
I haven't carried it much lately, do to my love affair with the Dodo's. Personally, I like the handle pattern a little better than the standard FRN pattern, and I like the N690Co a little better than VG-10. I just carried it a couple of days recently, and was reminded why I liked it so much. It's great where legalities (lock or length) are an issue, or peoples perception of a knife might become a problem. A very capable knife!
Bruce
A Whole Bunch of Spydies! :D