How my first Spyderco, a Delica 4 Green ZDP-189 went from an $83 to$3000 knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
buddy54ck

Heal fast please!!!

Post by buddy54ck »

Hey Bud, :eek:
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, and accident! These things are so sharp,
that you cannot take anything for granted, and never let your guard down. Most
of us at one time or another, have gotten a "good one," but thats almost par for the
course, after all of the knife fondling that most Spydie owners do!!! Please be as
careful as you can, use lots of Neosporin, and don't get it wet for a while!!! Please
heal fast!!!
Sincerely,
Charlie
:spyder: :(
VictorLouis

Post by VictorLouis »

Glad you are okay. But, my question why would the hawkbill have made the difference?
Stretch VG10 FRN, Caly Jr. VG10 FRN.
mrphotoman

Post by mrphotoman »

jackknifeh wrote:When you show the chicks, don't forget to tell the story of how you got the wound fighting at least 4 terrorists. :)

Heal fast!
lol, why of course!
Holland

Post by Holland »

wow! heal up fast! pretty clean cut tho
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Orangeneck

Post by Orangeneck »

I can feel your pain (personal experience!!). I now follow a iron-rule from my firearms hobby: never point the muzzle at anything you do not want to be destroyed. The knife corollary is 'always cut away from yourself, or other people'.
Thalestin

Post by Thalestin »

Now that's a spyder bite! I actually gave my thumb a good nick while cutting an apple. I sliced off a piece of apple and it fell to the floor. I tried to catchit and caught my thumb in the process. Bled quite a bit but not quite stitches worthy :P
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Having my share of cuts (25 years into knives), I'd second what orange said above.

Always project where the knife will go if it slips or through. Remove anything you don't want to be hit by the edge (prevent flesh cut or edge chipping hitting stapler).

Above doesn't apply to catching falling blade though.

I've got cut, stabbed (by myself) and also sliced catching falling blade. I don't know which one is better, healing a wound or sharpening out a bent/chippef blade :o

I wish you quick recovery!
PS: I just nicked my chin shaving. It always happen when I'm rushing and over confident. :eek:
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

Gunslinger wrote:Nice flesh cutting test. :D
Much better than your run of the mill YouTube unboxing "review".
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Sorry to hear of the mishap and wish you a speedy recovery.

I must admit, the title made me think of happier tidings than what actually happened.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Clearcut

Post by Clearcut »

Ouch, going to have a cool scar lol heal up fast and always cut away from you i did the same thing to my finger a couple years back
Digi Cam Para 2 S30V, "Smurf" Para 2 M390, CTS-204p Para 2 , CF Stretch ZDP-189, Blue FFG Delica 4 VG-10

CRK Sebenza 21 Lefty
Donut

Post by Donut »

Poor arm!

Hopefully you heal to 110%. That kind of scares me. O.o
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Timbo114

Post by Timbo114 »

Spyder bytes are commonplace photoman. (not YOUR particular byte .. WOW)
I've had my share since 1992.
I keep my blades so highly polished and sharp, that I told the wife, NEVER touch MYSpydies ... I'll get an appropriate knife for you.

My last byte cost me a week off of work for nearly cutting the tip of my thumb off.
The most embarrassing part is that it wasn't even a Spyderco! or even mine!
I was testing the lock on my buddy's new BM Griptilian (which I have 3 of my own) got cocky closing it 1 handed and got bit severely.
It seems at times even the best of us just has to learn the hard way.

Speedy recovery to you - glad you missed the tendon and artery.
FarmerTed

Post by FarmerTed »

Orangeneck wrote:...always cut away from yourself...
Learned this in scouts and got my totin' chip.
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

Nice slice dude! On my 12th birthday I had a cheapo liner-lock knife that my cousin gave me, and naturally, being 11, i wanted to stab stuff. so i wandered into my grandparents backyard and proceeded to stab a tree. Well upon trying to get the knife to go in deeper to the tree i leaned into it, and in a split second the knife (which was extremely sharp at that point) closed and cut into my finger and a little more than halfway through, knuckle and flesh it went in. Well seeing i didn't want to go to the ER i put a band-aid on it and ignored the pain as best i could. That's how my 12th birthday started.
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Ouch, that will leave a scar; Spyderco forever! :D
Tom