Evil D's Evil EDC Diary

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

KardinalSyn wrote:Just curious. Do you have anything else for lunch Evil? Aside from an apple I mean.
Yeah just depends on my mood but lately I've been on an apple/peanut butter kick.

Today I cut up a bunch of old rags to make padding for my bike rack. Nothing too crazy. I'm realizing this thread may have been a little over ambitious :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Evil D wrote:Yeah just depends on my mood but lately I've been on an apple/peanut butter kick.

Today I cut up a bunch of old rags to make padding for my bike rack. Nothing too crazy. I'm realizing this thread may have been a little over ambitious :D
Hehe, happened to me too. When I started to list my uses, nothing came up. :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Hehe, happened to me too. When I started to list my uses, nothing came up. :)
Even more than that is how a lot of what I do is the same thing over and over and over lol.
~David
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

cool thread, I'm looking forward to future posts!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Evil D wrote:Even more than that is how a lot of what I do is the same thing over and over and over lol.
I hear you dood! :)
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Evil D wrote:Yeah just depends on my mood but lately I've been on an apple/peanut butter kick.

I must try that. US apples have a coating of wax that protects em during shipping and make em look shinier than my shoes. So I tend to stay away from em and go for Japanese apples.

Updating a thread like this can be tough to do but it will be well worth it I think.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Haven't had time to upload pics lately. Been giving it the usual daily EDC chores...cut a fair amount of cardboard at work (so hard to get pics while working).

Came home the other day and made chicken strips and did some food prep with it...

Went for a ride today on the trails and came across this huge log that had some cool looking fungus growing on it

Had to snap a quick pic of my Ladybug here too, just for good measure

Managed to slice my finger pretty good while cutting off some of those funguses to take home for future pics. It still shaves hair but I'd call it more of a "scraping hair off" kind of shaving. Still slices phone book paper with great ease, and has no problem cutting skin. I would say the edge is about what you'll find from the factory for a lot of other knife brands out there. It has some extremely light micro chipping down close to the tang from slicing cardboard, that can just barely be seen with my 10x loupe. It still slices phone book paper in this spot without hanging up.
~David
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Nice.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Wouldn't it be Evil Day Carry?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Nice Fungus what is that below it?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

DRKBC wrote:Image

Nice Fungus what is that below it?
That would be moss.
~David
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

bump!

Just in case you forgot. :)
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Evil D wrote:Went for a ride today on the trails and came across this huge log that had some cool looking fungus growing on it
A little off topic but what exactly are you riding on the trails?
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Great thread David. Don't forget to photograph if you draw blood as well.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Paramilitary pinky bump. Please explain!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Paramilitary pinky bump. Please explain!
Pinky bump...on the bottom of the handle, around the area where your pinky wraps around, there's that point that comes down from the butt of the handle. It's meant to be a sort of pinky guard to keep your hand from slipping off the handle, but for a lot of people with large hands your pinky ends up resting right on top of that point when gripping the handle behind the choil. To help prevent this, I reshaped the G10 in that area some to move that point further back as much as I could.
senorsquare wrote:A little off topic but what exactly are you riding on the trails?
I'm an old school BMX guy, so I'm riding a bicycle. These days it's a 24 inch cruiser, and the trails are a bike path that was paved over an old railroad that goes almost all the way through Ohio. It's one of my favorite places in the world to be.

Here's a pic of the bike in question
~David
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Evil D wrote:I'm an old school BMX guy, so I'm riding a bicycle. These days it's a 24 inch cruiser, and the trails are a bike path that was paved over an old railroad that goes almost all the way through Ohio. It's one of my favorite places in the world to be.
Nice bike there. I've ridden some rails to trails conversions in Missouri and they are great places to ride. I wouldn't mind checking out the ones in Ohio if I ever get up that way. We have a nice trail network along the Arkansas river in Central AR which is one of my favorite places to be on a cruiser of a different sort, and my other steel obsession:

X-check by senorsquare, on Flickr

I like to carry a Dragonfly 2 when I ride.

I've noticed a similarity between knife knuts and bike geeks when it comes to obsessing over steel choices. Just as there have been epic posts discussing M4 vs M390 vs 204P, etc. I have seen some very lengthy and passionate discussion on the merits of Reynolds 931 tubing vs Columbus Zona vs Tange Prestige and on and on... I'm sure golfers have similar discussions but I don't know jack about golf :)
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Bring a coconut for lunch. Problem solved :D
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Bumpin this, hope to get some updates :D
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Updates....well, I have still been carrying the same knife this whole time, but I sort of fell off the wagon of keeping track of use/pictures/etc. A week or so ago I was making lanyards and dropped the knife, and it landed on the leg of my office chair and put a nasty chip in the edge, so I had to sharpen that out, and in doing so I ruined my nicely polished bevel, so the edge (although sharp again) looks like crap. I will probably be starting this over with another knife soon, whenever my FFG Yojimbo 2 comes back in the mail. The overall conclusion with the Para 2 was that the edge will essentially last until I get bored and decide to sharpen it. I think for the average EDC user, 20CP will hold a working edge almost indefinitely. You really have to get into cutting a lot of cardboard or other abrasive materials before the edge wears enough to start hindering cutting performance. Maybe if you cut carpet for a living or open bags of concrete all day, you might need to touch it up more frequently. It really is an excellent steel that I'm surprised hasn't been brought out in the Military by now, especially with the popularity of the Para 2.
~David