Am I the only one who isn't a fan of VG-10?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
armstrong1720

Post by armstrong1720 »

Yeah alot of us cowboys loves the delica . Its not to long when sittin in the saddle. Its perfect for if we get caught up in the rope and gotta get away fast. Only problem is you loose a good rope. Alot of people lost their thumb caught up in the rope and their pocket knife was way down in their pocket and dull plain edge. So delica is also awesome ! Yes i have a pile of them also
SmilingFury

Post by SmilingFury »

JudasD wrote:I thought his post was awesome. many of us do not get to use our knives on flesh other than hunting or the kitchen. His usage really shines a light on an area that we never (or rarely) hear about. Thank you for the post
armstrong1720.

JD

No offense was intended with my post. I have been reading every thread on here and Armstrongs post was truly unique.
I do appreciate the original point of view and usage he shared. Thanks Armstrong! I would also like to thank the countless puppies and bulls that sacrificed their tails and balls to make this thread possible ;)
RevDevil

Post by RevDevil »

I don't much care for VG10 steel on folders. However, kitchen knives when the RC is around 61, it's a whole different animal. I too prefer S30V or some of the CTS steels.
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Blerv wrote:Lol. :D

There is truth to that. People have different capacities to hear opposing opinions. I've seen bloodcurdling one-sided fights about religion and politics with one person never raising a voice or eyebrow :rolleyes: :eek: .

We seem to live in a time where people can't be told they are wrong or questioned their logic. It's an affront to our egos and thus an attack on our character.

IMHO, it's less painful to simply say, "maybe I'm wrong" or "I'll have to think about that, thanks" than swinging at the air with a red face. The latter makes people look FAR more foolish.
There's a lot of truth in this.

I think at least part of the problem stems from the fact that in our current culture many folks seem to choke on the words "maybe I'm wrong"; (perhaps a product of the "everyone gets a trophy" mentality?).

~ Edge
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... In practice, there is."
iyn

Post by iyn »

Vg-10 fan. I can sharpen it easy and it doesn't rust in my enviornment. I'm not good at sharpening or caring for my knives. I'm lucky that the knives that work for me are the delica series. I'm tempted to buy the police because of the vg-10 steel, but I don't think I'd carry it much.
polyhexamethyl

Post by polyhexamethyl »

imho vg 10 is a good steel, i've a endura4 ffg and a delica4 and changed the bevel angle it's a little steeper now,
the edge on the endura kept chipping so i changed it back to the stock angle.
the steeper angle on the delica takes it!
maybe there are differences in the HT?
i also love my s30v blades, but i never get them as sharp as the vg10, but they hold an edge way longer.
so both of them have their benefits!
i've to check out H1 soon!

regards

jul
aogami super blue dragonfly!