Hossom Woodlander belt clip ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
O,just,O

Hossom Woodlander belt clip ?

Post by O,just,O »

I find the belt clip on my Spyderco Hossom Woodlanders sheath to be unsuitable for me. Small, only fits at most a 1 3/4" belt. Positioned out of balance in a horizontal carry with no visible means to reposition it satisfactorily. I would like to fit a clip that suits verticle carry on a military webbing belt 2 1/4" wide
I saw Hossoms with a different clip on sites on the web. Did they come out with two different clips ? My clip has the Spyderco bug on it so must be original.
What have you guys done with your Hossom sheath clips ? Have you replaced them & what with ? How do you carry the set up ?
O.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Spyderco switched from the small Tek-Lok to the G-Clip a few years ago, so there may be Hossoms with both. Doubt either would work with a belt that wide. Most folks wear belts somewhere between 1 3/8" and 1 3/4" and accommodating unusually wide ones would create an even sloppier fit for the smaller, more common widths. You could look into the large Tek-Lok but I'm not sure what belts they accommodate, or if the hole pattern is the same as the smaller ones and the G-Clip.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Thanks for the reply Paul. I looked into the Tek Lok & they make a large one that goes on belts up to 2.25". Going to get one of those & try it.
It seems that mine must be the G-clip one.
What ? none of you other fella's have a Hossom.
O.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

May just be that none of them wear ultra wide belts. The large Tek-Lok looks just like the small one, only bigger, so if yours doesn't look like that, you must have the G Clip, which is simply a single piece of folded plastic. Assuming the hole spacing on the Hossom sheath is the same as that on Spyderco sheaths I own, then another option might be to remove the belt clip altogether and just lace it onto the belt with paracord or similar material.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I have a couple of Hossam's, a Forester and a Forager, both of mine just have the G-clip. I don't tend to wear wider belts though, not carrying a holster on my belt or anything to need a wide belt. If I take mine camping, I'll likely just have it in a bag with a couple dozen other knives and machetes to play with :) .
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Mike Sastre

Post by Mike Sastre »

When you go to install the large TekLok on your sheath, you will more than likely have to drill another hole to accommodate whatever carry angle you want. Install the TekLok using just one screw and post, then put it at the angle you want, see where the correspnding hole in the TekLok lines up with the sheath edge, clamp it off, then drill your hole and install the other screw and post.
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Thanks Fella's. I'll do that Mike.
O.