My Jester with a new look

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jackknifeh

My Jester with a new look

Post by jackknifeh »

Found some scrap orange G-10 so I gave the Jester a makeover. The handle now is a little thicker which helps the grip. I'm thinking of getting the scales sand blasted but probably won't. Or maybe I will. Ohhh, the pain of the decision making process. :)

No flash
With flash
With flash. I don't know why the color difference. I wish I did know how to do this type of thing intentionally. That type of control would be nice to get different results at will.

The flash light is a Fenix LD-01, my favorite pocket flashlight. It's simple with just 3 brightness levels. The brightest is more than enough to walk my dog. The dimmest is great for looking under the couch for my grandson's lost toys (or the jelly sandwich I can't find :o ). Plus, it turns on at the medium brightness which is perfect for my needs. This light reminds me of a Spyderco Delica and SO MANY opinions of it. No matter how many lights (knives) I try, I always come back to the basic, perfect EDC light. I really like this light and just thought it deserved a plug. :) An additional reason I like it is by using the clip and attaching the knife to the light I can get the knife out easier than digging in my pocket, expecially when sitting. Sometimes the knife hangs outside the pocket like the FOB does. I find this a much better carry option than keeping it on my keys. Just my preferrence.

Jack
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Hey, Jack! That Jester looks great with orange G-10! Nicely done!

TedP
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

The jelly sandwich is under the couch? Say what? ;)

Nice job, Jack! Looks terrific.

By the way, I'm really enjoying my LD12..., just saying ;)

Ken
玉鋼
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

kbuzbee wrote:The jelly sandwich is under the couch? Say what? ;)

Nice job, Jack! Looks terrific.

By the way, I'm really enjoying my LD12..., just saying ;)

Ken
Sometimes my food just disappears, then shows up in the darndest places. :confused: :p
Holland

Post by Holland »

very nice! nothing nicer then orange g10 ;)
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Greaser

Post by Greaser »

The Jester looks great! I like the blade shape on those.

I carry an LD01 every day too! Great little flashlight. For anyone looking to get one, I got mine on Amazon with an E01 as a set for about the same price as the LD01 alone. That's a great deal, you basically get the E01 (which is also a great, tough little light) for free!
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

kbuzbee wrote: By the way, I'm really enjoying my LD12..., just saying ;)

Ken
Just looked at the LD12. Nice light. Of the AA lights I've bought, none had a pocket clip. Another thing is none of them were bright enough (brighter than the LD01) to go one step bigger in size. I got an O-Light that converts from a single AA to a CR123 battery. Using the CR123 battery it is a little brighter but not much. From my VERY limited experience in small lights it seems a AAA light has it's place but the next step may be a 4 cell AA or something like that. I have stayed away from lights that use batteries other than AA or AAA. These you can get anywhere and I bought a charger for them. The O-Light conversion was something I did after getting the AA version. Hoping to get something quite a bit brighter and being disappointed I tried the CR123 batteries. It is better but still not "better" enough to buy another box of batteries. When I run out of CR123s I'll just go back to AAs for this light. Better stop. Getting off subject but that's ok. :)
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

The Jester looks great in orange. Nice job!
:bug-red-white
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I'm liking the orange on this knife more and more. It's amazing what a difference new scales can make. These scales even improve edge retention. :)

I've been digging trying to find enough scraps to make a set for my G-10 Manbug but no luck so far. :( Looks like I need to place an order at the G-10 gittin' store. :)
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

You got skills Jack! :)
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

Looking good! The orange makes te Jester look even sexier.
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Very nice. The orange seems to fit the Jester name better.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

Do you normally lay some peanut butter down on that bad boy, or is it just a jelly sandwich?

Very nice on the scales. I want some!
SpyderScout

Post by SpyderScout »

Holland wrote:very nice! nothing nicer then orange g10 ;)
I'll second that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Nice job! Did the FD-01 come with a clip? I don't see one in W&W's catalog.
- best wishes, Jazz.
paladin

Post by paladin »

bravo...i like the smooth look of the G10, maybe not the best for grip but I like the sheen!
What is truth? Pontius Pilate