Opinions on next purchase please

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Kev83 wrote:Well it's time for yet another spydie addition! I already have a persistence, tenacious, endura 4, and pm2. The knives I'm looking at are the Millie, manix 2, sage, junior and yojimbo 2. Just taking some opinions on what you think would be a great new addition considering the ones I already have. I'm leaning heavy towards the Millie or manix 2. I know I'll probably hear a few ," just get em all replies " and believe me, I plan on owning them all eventually!
After reading your post, my first reaction was to get a Military, because IMO everyone needs to own a Military. The more I thought about it, I would suggest the Yojimbo 2, because it's the most different of all options and will give you the most variety. All the others will just compete for pocket time. They have their differences, but in general the size/shape/use are all the same (although the Military is a good bit larger). The Yojimbo on the other hand being a wharnie is a different animal altogether.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Kev83

Post by Kev83 »

Evil D wrote:After reading your post, my first reaction was to get a Military, because IMO everyone needs to own a Military. The more I thought about it, I would suggest the Yojimbo 2, because it's the most different of all options and will give you the most variety. All the others will just compete for pocket time. They have their differences, but in general the size/shape/use are all the same (although the Military is a good bit larger). The Yojimbo on the other hand being a wharnie is a different animal altogether.
I agree but that dlc manix just looked too sexy.. Haha. But I'm planning on going yo2 and Millie next.. Working lots of overtime lately so I'm gonna treat myself. Southard may even be in the cards but if I did get a flipper I'd probably go with a ZT 0550 or 300 series
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Kev83 wrote:Well I pulled the trigger on the manix 2 dlc version.. Should be here early this week! Can't wait!
Excellent choice. I like all my Manix 2s (only have 4 all sprints) My favorite is the M4 but the DLC does look nice.

Ken
玉鋼
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

A Manix2 would be a nice addition. For something different try a Matriarch2. Although if you find a Yojimbo2 get it when you see it.
:spyder: in possession: Endura4 CE, Endura4 Trainer, Delica4 PE, Delica4 Trainer, Matriarch2, Manix2 PE Black Blade, Atlantic Salt, Tasman Salt SE, Tasman Salt PE, Pacific Salt PE Black Blade, UKPK Drop Point PE Maroon, Squeak, Bob T, Grasshopper, Kiwi Stag, Native Lightweight CE, Ambitious, Poliwog, Manbug LW, Native5, ATR Ti SE, Spydercard, Calypso Jr. SE, Caly 3.5 G10, Meerkat, Street Bowie, Swick2.

en route:

:spyder:wants: Pingo, Yojimbo2, Street Beat, Jester, Ronin, Starmate.
CJZ

Post by CJZ »

Caly 3 Aogami
Bladewacked

Post by Bladewacked »

kbuzbee wrote:Excellent choice. I like all my Manix 2s (only have 4 all sprints) My favorite is the M4 but the DLC does look nice.

Ken

Yesssss I'm in the boat with you, I'm waiting on my seventh manix2 sprint (m4) they are soooo sweeet!
haarspalter

Post by haarspalter »

im looking out for m4 manix2, the s90v manix2 would also rock my boat, any sprint military and any supersteel pm2 (s90v, m390)... and a vallotton would be nice too.
:spyder: Mule k390-S110v-Cruwear, Gayle Bradley, Cruwear Military Collectors #13V, CPM-M4-Ti Military CF Scales, Para2 20cp
Commendatore

Post by Commendatore »

Congratulation to your decision to take the Manix2, my next one will be the black Lightweight. The lock will be interesting and ambidextrous :)