Manbug Salt SE

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
araneae

Manbug Salt SE

Post by araneae »

Hi Sal. Could we have one please? I'd like to replace the SE Ladybug on my keychain with one of these. I like to have SE on my keychain and if its going to be SE it might as well be made of H1.

Any chance? Anybody else want one?
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

I'd like one. After a regular manbug that is.
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

Yes please!
araneae

Post by araneae »

I have to say that I am underwhelmed by the response. Seems like a great idea to me.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

I definitely want a Manbug in H1. Been carrying my Manbug alot lately...
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Me too! The Manbug has an insanely good handle for it's size (for me, at least).
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

A Manbug HAWKBILL in H1 SE for me please :cool:
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

twinboysdad wrote:A Manbug HAWKBILL in H1 SE for me please :cool:
Ditto.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

araneae wrote:Hi Sal. Could we have one please? I'd like to replace the SE Ladybug on my keychain with one of these. I like to have SE on my keychain and if its going to be SE it might as well be made of H1.

Any chance? Anybody else want one?
YES and YES! :D Sign me up! Interestingly, I just got done opening a brand-spanking new Manbug G-10 that will be a Christmas present for my father-in-law. :D I've got Manbug on the brain...
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Yes, definitely both standard and hawkbill H1 Manbug versions would be great! How about one of those H1 Man-Jesters! :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Yes, definitely both standard and hawkbill H1 Manbug versions would be great! How about one of those H1 Man-Jesters! :)
I'd sooner have a serrated normal Jester blade shape in H1 than a Hawkbill serrated Manbug in H1. I do prefer the Jester, but I think a Manbug Salt is much more likely.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

3rdGenRigger wrote:I'd sooner have a serrated normal Jester blade shape in H1 than a Hawkbill serrated Manbug in H1. I do prefer the Jester, but I think a Manbug Salt is much more likely.
This sums up my feelings on the matter. I don't know how I got around without my newest favorite LBK, the Jester. I would really like to see a Yellow FRN H1 SE version for myself and my wife.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Donut

Post by Donut »

Maybe we could get it done with a slightly larger plain edge portion near the tip.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Donut

Post by Donut »

3rdGenRigger wrote:I'd sooner have a serrated normal Jester blade shape in H1 than a Hawkbill serrated Manbug in H1. I do prefer the Jester, but I think a Manbug Salt is much more likely.
How about Man Jester? :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Donut wrote:Maybe we could get it done with a slightly larger plain edge portion near the tip.
Yeah Brian, you know I'm a big proponent of that idea. Makes a ton of sense on something like the pacific salt where you would lose virtually NONE of the cutting ability of your serrated edge and gain a very useful little section of pe at the tip. As far as the manbug goes, I'm not sure that edge is big enough to apply this idea. On a blade that small, even removing one serration is going to greatly affect the blade ratio. Either way, I like it that people are thinking about this, as I believe the idea has a lot of merit.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

does anyone who has a LB and a LBHB not prefer the HB? We NEED a Manbug HB or/and a Dfly HB worse than words can convey... ;)
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

You know, I was going to suggest this very thing but at the time I read this thread it hasnt gotten steam yet so I didnt want to hijack it...yet. But alas, Im not the only one who would like to see one of these. So more power to a serrated H1 Manbug, and more power to a Hawkbill version of it!
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

I'll 2nd...3rd...4th that!