I told you it was dangerous to go to Golden!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cameron

I told you it was dangerous to go to Golden!

Post by Cameron »

So after the experience I had in Golden at the Spyderco HQ in this thread Be Very Careful Going to the Spyderco Factory Outlet Store!! I made the mistake of venturing back there again today.

Needless to say, I was bitten by the bug again...

I found it impossible to leave without taking a Yojimbo2 with me, unfortunately the Yo2 decided it wanted a piece of me too.

For full disclosure, I was simply comparing the two and start to dropp the Yo2 on my lap, needless to say a cut to the tip of my social finger was preferable to a stab in the groin...

I have been carrying the blue Yojimbo since early 2005, and at initial look a feel, (cut finger aside) I really like the changes to the Yojimbo2.

Great knife and very very very very very sharp. :eek:

Cameron
Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
Military ​​​CTS XHP​ - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​
Para Military 2CTS​ XHP - CTS 204P
Manix 2 CTS XHP - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​ - CPM​ M4
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

It is with sorrow and joy that I live across the country. Although Amazon and Ebay don't seem to help either. I will make it out to Golden soon though.
:spyder: in possession: Endura4 CE, Endura4 Trainer, Delica4 PE, Delica4 Trainer, Matriarch2, Manix2 PE Black Blade, Atlantic Salt, Tasman Salt SE, Tasman Salt PE, Pacific Salt PE Black Blade, UKPK Drop Point PE Maroon, Squeak, Bob T, Grasshopper, Kiwi Stag, Native Lightweight CE, Ambitious, Poliwog, Manbug LW, Native5, ATR Ti SE, Spydercard, Calypso Jr. SE, Caly 3.5 G10, Meerkat, Street Bowie, Swick2.

en route:

:spyder:wants: Pingo, Yojimbo2, Street Beat, Jester, Ronin, Starmate.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Congrats on the purchase! and dont worry about the cut, jimbo just wanted to get to know you a little better :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Kev83

Post by Kev83 »

Congrats on the knife! Don't worry now that its gotten your smell and tasted your blood it'll leave you be. I would love to make a trip to Golden but I live all the way in the mid Atlantic.. One day.. One day.
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

It ain't yours until its bit ya :D .
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I think you made the right choice - finger vs. groin. :cool:

TedP
PGeo00

Post by PGeo00 »

That's the only way to bond with your new knife :) Congratulations.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

I find it interesting that there appears to be a reddish color along the entire length of the edge... almost like it's savoring the taste of your blood. :) You now truly own that knife... or does it own you? :eek: It should, at the very least, be a mutual friendship now. :)

Congratulations on your selection! And, you got it at Golden!
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
Knifemem

Post by Knifemem »

I have cut my fingers so many times I can't remember. The good thing is the blades are always so sharp the cut heels with hardly a problem. Its part of handling knives.
VeloWeave

Post by VeloWeave »

I hope to make my pilgrimage to mecca (err, umm, I mean Golden) someday.
Most Carried: Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Modded Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
Wishlist 2014: Sage 2, Mnandi, Krein Alpha,
Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2, Caly 3 CF
Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter, Beta-QR, Muyshondt Aeon
VWTattoo

Post by VWTattoo »

I went to Golden in January of 2012. It was awesome for me, a bit too much for my wife, but my son and I loved it! I left with a Perrin PPT for myself, a Manix2 Sprint with the Crucible steel for my brother in law, and a Salt for my neighbor, who was watching our house for us.
It was awesome to see the displays for all the special things Spyderco has done or been involved with, like the 9/11 WTC knives and the piece of the girder from one of the twin towers on display, and some of the letters and knives sent to and from soldiers serving, and things like that.
It's an awesome place -too bad there are no tours, though! ;)

All spydernuts need to go at some point!
2004 VW R32 :cool:
Got GIN-1?