How much spydercos do you need?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
iyn

How much spydercos do you need?

Post by iyn »

I was thinking, if I had to bug out what spydercos would I carry and what would I leave behind? What would you take?
Holland

Post by Holland »

I dont think i could leave a knife behind! I would def grab all 8 of my para2's and my dfly2
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

:confused: Too hard to answer. Maybe a Salt 1 PE, Manbug ZDP 189, and Military PE. I'd be standing ther dumbfounded wondering which I'd be willing to part with. :eek:
- best wishes, Jazz.
PanChango

Post by PanChango »

If time comes that I have to bug out, likely it would be with whatever is in my pocket.
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

Just one more.
All God's critters have knives.
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

My Salt 1 (Rust proof and easy to touch up). My Caly 3.5's and 3's (good corrosion resistance and easy to sharpen). I would also like to take a Spyderco fixed blade with me but I have yet to find one that I really like. :(
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Probably none. Laughing academies don't generally allow their guests to have knives.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

They're so **** light I'd take all of em.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Zeabed

Post by Zeabed »

It is impossible for me to answer this question. The radio program that pops up in my head with an unsettling frequency (no pun intended) and which tells me to buy Spyderco cutlery is unpredictable, and implacable.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Sometime last year we had a strong earthquake and a subsequent tsunami alert. We lived just a block away from the ocean that time. I was loath to leave my spydies but in the end we went to higher ground and I just took what I had in my pockets(para and a ZT 301)plus a "dahong palay", important papers, my wife's and my mom's jewelries, and my handguns(3 of them). Good thing nothing worse happened.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Since I moved mine to a Pelican case, I could potentially take them all. I would certainly have the handful in my BOB bag.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

id grab my southard for the stoutness and the high edge retention, and the forager fixed blade would stay in my back pack for the harder use
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

All of them. I could trade them for supplies if needed. Well, or I could just steal supplies :p
jon1all

Post by jon1all »

I wouldn't leave any knives behind... I'd just grab my Pelican case and go. Now, if I could only grab enough to carry on my person it'd by one of the Para2s (probably one of the digicam/DLC models), the Manix2, the Chaparral and the Dragonfly2 G10. I should be able to carry all those fairly easily! :) Aww... what the heck throw the Ladybug3 Salt Hawkbill in there... it takes like no room at all. I'll find a place for it! :)
Apparently, arachnophobia is not a condition from which I suffer.... :spyder:
------
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." (oops!)
--Thomas Jefferson
PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG >>>1all's Pub<<<
BAL

Post by BAL »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Sometime last year we had a strong earthquake and a subsequent tsunami alert. We lived just a block away from the ocean that time. I was loath to leave my spydies but in the end we went to higher ground and I just took what I had in my pockets(para and a ZT 301)plus a "dahong palay", important papers, my wife's and my mom's jewelries, and my handguns(3 of them). Good thing nothing worse happened.
There's nothing like getting the opinion from someone who has actually been there.
That's about a tough of a situation as I can ever imagine. We all play these what-if
games in our head, but to actually live through one is crazy.

We think about these things at our house, tryign to plan ahead. The main thing that
we would haveto worry about is a fire or a tornado and we have had several of them
through the years that tore buildings up, but not our house. Just yesterday, the boy
and I cleanup up a smaller spare cage for his bearded dragons, just in case we had
to hit he basement for a tornado or leave from a fire.

Gotta have a Millie, Yo2 and a couple Glocks...... and a shotgun and PM2 and AR...
and plenty of ammo, flashlight.... and ... ... ...
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

BAL wrote:There's nothing like getting the opinion from someone who has actually been there.
That's about a tough of a situation as I can ever imagine. We all play these what-if
games in our head, but to actually live through one is crazy.

We think about these things at our house, tryign to plan ahead. The main thing that
we would haveto worry about is a fire or a tornado and we have had several of them
through the years that tore buildings up, but not our house. Just yesterday, the boy
and I cleanup up a smaller spare cage for his bearded dragons, just in case we had
to hit he basement for a tornado or leave from a fire.

Gotta have a Millie, Yo2 and a couple Glocks...... and a shotgun and PM2 and AR...
and plenty of ammo, flashlight.... and ... ... ...
I always thought that I'd make a careful consideration in a similar situation but when the time comes, you quickly realize that there's a few more items above your knife collection in the priority list. Also, I didn't want to waste time since I still had to hustle my elderly mother and my 2 dogs into the car. My BOB with some water, food, flashlights, and some basic meds was one of the first items to be picked up.

I didn't even bother to take my shotgun. Too little ammo for the weight. I was thinking of getting by with 3 handguns(I was already carrying one), some ammo, and my "dahong palay" for possible SD needs.

I did come back after a couple of hours, to watch the house for possible looters, once I had transported my charges to higher ground. BTW, the quake was 6.9 on the richter scale.
iyn

Post by iyn »

I have a salt I & pacific salt series knife in each bob, but their not my favorite spydies.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I have a briefcase with some of my favorites in case of a fire or flood type thing. If I had to try to pick out a favorite or a few I'd likely never move an inch. I'd be like one of those Romans in Herculaneum/Pompei stuck there with a coating of whatever over me.

When we prepare for hurricanes here I tend to get a little of this and that ready to put in the car and get out of my valley to higher ground. After Hurricane Fran years ago I went up to check out the lake and dam above my valley. 2 Days later water still covered the bridge, and was about 4-5 foot from overtopping the earthen dam.

Next one won't have me so clueless sitting down in my sheltered valley watching the winds killing trees above us but mostly leaving us alone down at the bottom of the valley. If the dam goes it will revert to the swamp/pond that it used to be here before the flood control plan opened this area up to development.

If it gets bad enough I'll put the briefcase in the car and park it on higher ground. I can always swim or wade out of here and not having to carry 30 lbs of Spyderco's would help.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Well, since I currently only own 4 Spydies, I'm sure I could comfortably take them all with me. Especially since 3 of the 4 have sentimental (gifts) value, I'd hate to leave them behind.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

All!