Amsterdam Meet 2013 Report of Upcoming Spyderco Prototypes

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Jazz wrote: :rolleyes: You know, of course, that that is a great idea. :D
Happy to help.
;)
Ken
玉鋼
BAL

Post by BAL »

hun wrote:Hi friends,
I am the designer of the Hungarian Ethnic. Thanks for your replies. I met Sal, Eric and Michael Janich for the first time at twe IWA in the weekend. They were exactly the same friendly and kind as you described them several times. It was a huge pleasure to talk to them. This project started a few years ago and it was an amazing adventure for me. Thanks much Sal and the entire Spydercrew and Wouter for these beautiful photos.
Welcome to the Spyderco forums. That's a beautiful knife. I hope that it does well.
I have a feeling that it will be very popular.
bammann45

Post by bammann45 »

I am the designer of the Hungarian Ethnic.
I love your design. Beautiful and the must have of the bunch for me.
Mako109

Welcome

Post by Mako109 »

I am the designer of the Hungarian Ethnic. Thanks for your replies. I met Sal, Eric and Michael Janich for the first time at twe IWA in the weekend. They were exactly the same friendly and kind as you described them several times. It was a huge pleasure to talk to them. This project started a few years ago and it was an amazing adventure for me. Thanks much Sal and the entire Spydercrew and Wouter for these beautiful photos.
Welcome and I agree with previous comments on your beautiful new design. I think it's the best looking design of the group. I'm very interested in learning more about the Hungarian and hope it does well for Spyderco.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Hi Hun, you have a cool knife design...it is one of a few "ethnic" type knives that is seriously getting my attention. Congrats on a beauty.
On the hunt for...
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Jazz wrote:With Mr. Blonde's permission, I put one pic of each new knife all together into 3 pics, to let us see at a glance every new offering. I'm sorry I destroyed the pic quality :o , but these are all his photos, not mine...

I was annoyed at having to go through everything. :p
Excellent composition Jazz!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I just got back from the IWA show, although considering the drive back I should say 'IWA Snow'! I just wanted to add that the Serrata, on second thought/feel etc..., is a very light knife. Much lighter than I initially thought.
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

I have to get a second job now!
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Hi Wouter, good to notice that you and G... have returned home safe yesterday. The snow and the congestions it created was massive. My train was delayed over 2 hours as tracks were blocked due to stranded trains... I really like this post and I hope you will not be finished putting up more of what was shown at the Meet!
Thanks mate,
Jurphaas.
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Hi Jur, good to read you made it home OK too. I'm working on prepping the videos I shot at IWA...
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

I was interested in the Blue Lava before....but now that I actually see it...I HAVE to have one!
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
dialex

Post by dialex »

Welcome to the wonderful world of Spyderco knives. Good luck on your first collaboration with Spyderco, there is a beautiful knife you have there, congratulations and I'll be looking forward to your future creations.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Can't wait for your videos now, Wouter!
- best wishes, Jazz.
hun

Post by hun »

dialex wrote:Welcome to the wonderful world of Spyderco knives. Good luck on your first collaboration with Spyderco, there is a beautiful knife you have there, congratulations and I'll be looking forward to your future creations.
Hello Alex from the neighbourhood! Thanks much for your cheering words. I held your latest model a few days ago. It's a really unique design in Spyderco's range.
I hope we'll meet sometime in the future.
Knifewing

Post by Knifewing »

Very late to the Amsterdam party, but I'd like to add my thanks to Wouter for what has become my most anticipated thread of the year. Also, thanks to Jazz for the condensed version of Wouter's fantastic photos--makes it easier to drool only in one place. And I thought I was swearing off buying any new folders. Well, that resolution lasted as long as it took me to go through Wouter's thread. The Chaparral 3 could lure me back to that model on looks alone; the blue Cricket is now a must-have, as is the long-awaited blue G-10 Lava. The G-10 Kiwi could give my Air some competition. And the ClipiTool...I'd buy the scissors version in a second IF it didn't have SS handles. SS is slippery enough, but in a knife that small it would be even harder to handle. It needs fluting or texturing, or G-10 like the sprint Jester (but in a different color, such as burgundy, navy, lime green, or red). Oh, and the updated Perrin FB is a done deal. Congratulations to Sal and Eric & crew for their creativity and continued commitment to quality.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Wouter, was there any mention of the full sized Manix with the lock improvements from the Native 5?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

I've asked before and I understand it'd be an educated guess perhaps .
But how long is it before what we see at Shot eg (karahawk) would possibly be released .
A year later ? Sooner anybody give me a idea based on previous models .
Thanks a lot guys .

Edit is the first pic the Hungarian ethnic ? I'm also liking the stu Ackerman serrata collab too it will be 440c cast I hear .
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Bladekeeper wrote:I've asked before and I understand it'd be an educated guess perhaps .
But how long is it before what we see at Shot eg (karahawk) would possibly be released .
A year later ? Sooner anybody give me a idea based on previous models .
Thanks a lot guys .

Edit is the first pic the Hungarian ethnic ? I'm also liking the stu Ackerman serrata collab too it will be 440c cast I hear .
It's a valid question, but impossible to answer. Sometimes a new Spyderco model will premier at SHOT, Amsterdam, or BLADE and be on dealer shelves a few weeks later. Sometimes it will be six months, or a year, or somewhere in between. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if there was at least one that was shown at SHOT or Amsterdam last year that has yet to be released.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

The Deacon wrote:I wouldn't be terribly surprised if there was at least one that was shown at SHOT or Amsterdam last year that has yet to be released.
For instance, Carpenter's Foundry knife. Showed at Amsterdam last year and no word on it. The fluted Ti Native is another. It won at Blade 2011, but besides Pres. Obama and a certain lucky forumite, these have yet to see the light of day.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
avocadobbq

Post by avocadobbq »

Not to mention Wouter specifically said some were concept models this year. So they could take even longer to be released or be changed significantly.