How do you store your knifes?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JudasD

Post by JudasD »

Large Spyderpacs for me. Regardless of the brand, all my folders go into large Spyderpacs. Fixed blades, just a large desk drawer.
I wanted to get some kind of glass display case for the items that i know i will never carry. i just haven't found anything that really appeals to me.

JD
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

I settled on large Spyderpac as well. After (too) much evaluation, I found that the Spyderpac offers the best combination of capacity, protection, accessibility and price. Additionally, it hangs on the back of my closet door, out of reach from my little kids.

Regards,
Ira
D3 CE, FG D4 CE Krein'd, Blue D4 FFG, Pink D4, Caly3 SE, USN E4 CE, Pink E4 CE, E4 ZDP-189 SE, FG E4 CE, E4 G10 FFG, Tenacious SE, Para SE, Para D2, Millie D2, ATR SE, Orange Assist I, Blue Rescue 93, Khukuri, Barong, Meerkat, Ladybug H1 SE, Manix 2 XHP, Rock Salt, S90V Mule Krein'd, JD Smith Sprint, Brown Matriarch SE, Poliwog, Stretch CE, Millie M4/Ti, Rock Lobster, Zulu, Rescue 79, D'Allara Rescue, LadyHawk SE, Lum Tanto Sprint, Dragonfly G10, Chaparral, Sage I, Caspian, Gayle Bradley
beatlman87

Post by beatlman87 »

on the wall ;)

Holland

Post by Holland »

nice set up der
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Andy Blackwell

Post by Andy Blackwell »

beatlman87 wrote:on the wall ;)

I love this idea. Wife would murder me though.

I have a shelf in an old bookcase dedicated to mine. I cut out some squares of cardboard, painted them black and use them as a makeshift "stand"
salmonkiller

Post by salmonkiller »

I store mine in a humidity controlled safe.Current rotational knifes are kept in my desk drawer.
JD Spydo

Watch them like a hawk

Post by JD Spydo »

I have a footlocker I keep my "sacred cows" in :D But the rest of my main user arsenal I keep in some soft Spyderco zipper pouches and some in a rollup velcro storage case.

I usually know where all my Spyders are at any given time. I do keep some of my most sacred Spyderco and other collectibles in a storage case in my storage unit.

The main thing I've learned is to keep them protected from the elements. There are many storage cases out there on the market and it really depends on what would work best for you individually.

Keep in mind that Spyders and other high quality knives are very much envied and few people are willing to pay the price to have one so therefore they are high on the list of items that are commonly stolen. Do keep that in mind at all times. Because sometimes it's your friends you need to keep a close eye on :( :mad: >> as I discovered the hard way with my late departed G-10 Harpy. I still get angry over that one :mad:

So watch them like a HAWK if you want to keep them.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Stugots-II

Post by Stugots-II »

Here is the stand I made awhile back, however it is too small and I have many more Spydercos a long with a few other makes that don't fit.

Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Stugots-II wrote:Here is the stand I made awhile back, however it is too small and I have many more Spydercos a long with a few other makes that don't fit.

Nice Spyderco alter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BAL

Post by BAL »

setldown wrote:Image
Not bad, I like this better than the red ones. Is this one stainless
steel or M4. It would take a while to get a good patina on the M4
though, and a lot of apples. You could shoot apples at one with a
potato gun I guess.

Heck you could evn store your HD in there as well.
Stugots-II

Post by Stugots-II »

Take this Spyderco...Ha ha thanks, I just don't need to get down on my knees though because it is set up at waist height. lol Yeah it was some little plastic book shelf deal that I took the Dremil to and then covered in blue felt.
Stugots-II

Post by Stugots-II »

Gunslinger wrote:Nice Spyderco alter.
Take this Spyderco...Ha ha thanks, I just don't need to get down on my knees though because it is set up at waist height. lol Yeah it was some little plastic book shelf deal that I took the Dremil to and then covered in blue felt.
alerin

Post by alerin »

Just curious what the sixth knife from the left, bottom shelf is? Looks like a shorter Manix 2.
Stugots-II

Post by Stugots-II »

alerin wrote:Just curious what the sixth knife from the left, bottom shelf is? Looks like a shorter Manix 2.
You are correct, it is a Manix 2 it's getting close to being finished but I still have a few things left to do before I posted it. Or I guess I could take a pick of the work in progress but I really wanted the finished product.