Anyone else not concerned much about blade steel?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

FCM415 wrote:^^^
I am a junior member here, but why is Nozh fella always like this?

Dobra utra previet dudesky, why you so mad all the time?
No, it is usually ... worse. Shiney footprints & all that.
nozh2002

Post by nozh2002 »

TazKristi wrote:Nozh,
I'm not going to argue with you. It's simple really. Participate without insulting others. Stay on topic. Just for the record, I removed it from public view. I don't need to put it back, my opinion won't change. End of discussion.

Kristi
I perfectly understand that. But tell me where did I insult anybody? Send me sample or something.
Have I right to know what I did wrong on your opinion? You just keep saying that I did insult, but
how? Did I use bad language? Did I call names? What is this all about?

I agree you can call it political, but insult - this is strong accusation and that did not happen.

You can not label me this way just because you disagree or uncomfortable with my observations.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I'd be under the table pretty soon. :D

Na sdarovie!
Practice my young friend. Practice. Every day. After few years you will get much better. :D Straight up, no ice cube. No shot glasses, just 10 oz Граненый стакан (you can google it :D )
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
nozh2002

Post by nozh2002 »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:LOLZ, there must be a leaking nuclear reactor near where he lives. ;)
This for example - is it honorable or insulting on your opinion?
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

bh49 wrote:Practice my young friend. Practice. Every day. After few years you will get much better. :D Straight up, no ice cube. No shot glasses, just 10 oz Граненый стакан (you can google it :D )

I googled it but it's all greek, err cyrillic, to me. :D

I assume that that's the patented liver killer special. :D
bh49

Post by bh49 »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I googled it but it's all greek, err cyrillic, to me. :D

I assume that that's the patented liver killer special. :D
Kind of, it is actually 10 oz glass. We used it for shots, when we were in school. Young and stupid.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

bh49 wrote:Kind of, it is actually 10 oz glass. We used it for shots, when we were in school. Young and stupid.
Young and healthy. I was young once, seems so long ago. All night sessions and school the next day. Yeh, it was stupid. :D

Yup, youth is wasted on the young. :)
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

nozh2002 wrote:This for example - is it honorable or insulting on your opinion?
I've edited that post too. Again, I have more important things to do.

May I remind EVERYONE that we have an ignore feature - USE IT.
There is nothing more important than this one day.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

nozh2002, why so mad? You yourself approve of private censorship (which is not the same as governmental censorship) and deleting comments. Just look at your very own blog. You did the exact same thing on your blog as Kristi did here. As an administrator of your blog, you felt that a post was rude and deleted it. Kristi, as the administrator of the forum, felt that your post was insulting and deleted it (as well as Chuck's). What's the difference between you exercising your administrative rights and her exercising hers?

(post by nozh2002 from his blog page):
Только что удалил хамский пост. Ничего не имею против критики, но хамства не потерплю. Хотите вести себя как быдло - сколько угодно, но не здесь.
(translated by Google translate):
Just deleted boorish post. I do not mind criticism, but will not tolerate rudeness. Do you want to act like cattle - all you want, but not here.
[ATTACH]21570[/ATTACH]
Attachments
nozh2002 censorship.jpg
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
nozh2002

Post by nozh2002 »

TazKristi wrote:I've edited that post too. Again, I have more important things to do.

Well, you rather recall you accusation of me insulting someones or explain why you are thinking this way.
I insult no one and this blame you throw is insulting. Telling me that this is not enough important to you
sound bit arrogant.
nozh2002

Post by nozh2002 »

jabba359 wrote:nozh2002, why so mad? You yourself approve of private censorship (which is not the same as governmental censorship) and deleting comments. Just look at your very own blog. You did the exact same thing on your blog as Kristi did here. As an administrator of your blog, you felt that a post was rude and deleted it. Kristi, as the administrator of the forum, felt that your post was insulting and deleted it (as well as Chuck's). What's the difference between you exercising your administrative rights and her exercising hers?

(post by nozh2002 from his blog page):

(translated by Google translate):

[ATTACH]21570[/ATTACH]
She is moder so it is her right to edit whatever she pleased, however she claim here publicly pointing to me directly that I did insult someone.
This did not happen and so I think she has to explain herself or apologize.

As well if she removing my posts because they as she clame insulting - why she did not remove other insulting posts?
I have to point them to her. Is it double standards?

Now if you notice - she commented her editing in my post like it was insults there, but in other case she marked it as "Not nessesary"...

Why?
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

TazKristi wrote:I've edited that post too. Again, I have more important things to do.

I didn't know about the ignore feature - thanks -
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

mikerestivo wrote:I didn't know about the ignore feature - thanks -
+1 But it still tells me that he posted. Is there any way to get rid of that, too?

Gordon
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I wish the Ignore feature could be improved. It does remove what is said but it clearly says, "this person is on your ignore list".

From someone who LOVES to watch a ship sinking it's difficult not to toggle-off the filter when you see the SS SINKS-A-LOT blowing black smoke and going in circles.
PMBohol

Post by PMBohol »

Blerv wrote:I wish the Ignore feature could be improved. It does remove what is said but it clearly says, "this person is on your ignore list".

From someone who LOVES to watch a ship sinking it's difficult not to toggle-off the filter when you see the SS SINKS-A-LOT blowing black smoke and going in circles.
I also want to see where a person is going with their comments. Doing some Googling on knife sharpening, I ran across the name of Cliff Stamp who posted here earlier before it hit the fan. Cliff is an expert on all things knives and I like the idea knowing he is active on these forums. His advice as well as the advice and opinions of all the knowledgeable people here is well appreciated.

My last post on this subject. I will not feed the situation any further
Delica 4 FFG
Paramilitary 2 DLC Digicam
Brad Southard flipper (missing in action)
Sharpmaker
Gayle Bradley 2.
Gayle Bradley Air
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

PMBohol wrote:I also want to see where a person is going with their comments. Doing some Googling on knife sharpening, I ran across the name of Cliff Stamp who posted here earlier before it hit the fan. Cliff is an expert on all things knives and I like the idea knowing he is active on these forums. His advice as well as the advice and opinions of all the knowledgeable people here is well appreciated.

My last post on this subject. I will not feed the situation any further
Welcome to the forums and please enjoy your stay :) There are plenty of great people to talk to and learn form here. FAR above my pay grade. :D
Cliff Stamp

Post by Cliff Stamp »

Blerv,

There are existing functions which do that they are just additional modules or scripts to be installed, they can remove the posts entirely, remove any threads started and even remove any attempt to quote an ignored person. When you then ignore someone there is no sign that they ever posted. The modules are just called ignore more or similar.
Holland

Post by Holland »

[ATTACH]21571[/ATTACH]
Attachments
useless popcorn.jpg
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Commendatore

Post by Commendatore »

My reason to stay buying Spyderco knives is blade steel variety.

If I was looking for an EDC blade fit for all tasks I would have it with my CF UKPK leaf.
But there are tasks requiring better slicers (letter opening :) ) or stronger construction or more reach.
Keeping a shaving edge vs a working edge is another point that makes variety necessary.
So is corrosion resistance. I had various steels rust in my pocket, simply by sweating on them for half a day, now I have some H1 knives. Problem? --> Solved by :spyder:
Specialized designs or my selective use of those blades make steel variety a decisive factor when figuring which blade to pick (purchase- and carry-wise).
I will try SB as soon as those all-screw knives like Stretch and Endura are out. First thing to try is shaving but I won`t take it on a summer hunting trip.
Some of my knife use requires easy repair of deformed edges (bone/metal contact or cutting on not-knife friendly surfaces) so steels which are easy to sharpen and don`t chip as much as others are an advantage. I like Persistance and Robin and their blade steel a lot for such use, was surprised when a co-worker hit a wall with the Persistence it didn`t show anything but a shiny spot on the edge, easyly repaired.

So blade steel is not as important as design (who needs a super steel blade in a handle he can`t comfortably use?) but I base most of my :spyder: purchase decisions on this detail.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

TazKristi wrote:May I remind EVERYONE that we have an ignore feature - USE IT.
True Kristi, but unfortunately it does not work when someone quotes a person you've put there.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!