What spyderco for outdoor/fishing?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
IIR3C0ILII

What spyderco for outdoor/fishing?

Post by IIR3C0ILII »

I just got my all black manix 2 days ago and i found myself today ordering a translucent blue manix 2 and an orange delica 4. I don't know which steel would be best to have on my hip while out tearing up the trails on my fourwheeler and fishing. I really don't wanna hard use my all black manix because it was a give from my fiance so its between the other manix and delica. I should have never asked for the manix for valentines day because now i want to keep ordering. i got bit by the :spyder: i think
Waco

Post by Waco »

I'm not a fisherman, but I've always liked my Endura for camping. Now that I own a Millie, it might get camping duty. Or I might take both. It's handy to have one knife for cutting raw meat and another one for everything else.
utor

Post by utor »

waco kid wrote:I'm not a fisherman, but I've always liked my Endura for camping.
As you mention it, I think the catcherman will fit the bill
for a fishing purpose spyderco the best. :)

https://nemoknivesreview.wordpress.com/ ... een-power/
arty

Post by arty »

I would think that an Endura would be fine, as would a Stretch in VG10. For a little more money, I would be tempted by the Calypso or Police in VG10 and G10.
Detdaddy

Post by Detdaddy »

I agree with the Catcherman for fishing. For something all around outdoors, I like the Remote Release (discontinued), or a fixed blade.
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without conviction.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

The Catcherman is a good knife for cleaning fish, but I find the blade a little too long and flexible for general use. Personally, I carry my trusty Salt 1 as my main fishing knife. It is rustproof H1, it has a yellow handle so it is hard to lose, and I've replaced the clip with a shackle and gate clip (from West Marine). This way I can attach it to a lanyard around my neck or attached to a reel clipped to my belt. When on board a boat, I'll attach it to a float so that it won't sink if it accidentally goes overboard.

And BTW, the shackle and gateclip can be easily replaced with the normal Spydie clip once you are back on dry land. It takes 15 seconds.

TedP

Holland

Post by Holland »

Id look into the military and the catcherman
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Revival

Post by Revival »

Another vote for the Salt 1. I recently purchased one for my Dad who does a lot of saltwater fishing back home in Hawaii. Before i sent it to him, i opened the box to inspect it and was amazed. I used to fish a lot my self and wished I had a Salt 1 back then.
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Another vote for the Salt I for an EDC, or Pacific if you prefer a bit larger. If you don't mind the size of the Manix, then the Pacific may may work for you. I prefer the Salt though due to its Delica sizing. Good luck with the hunt!
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill