I don't understand Blue, Green, or any brightly colored handles

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

lbwheat wrote:I like them all. I have favorites like the earth color on my new Southard folder but, if it's a Spydie I like it.However now that I think about it I will pass on the pink ones.
Yep, only pink and moonglow are not for me. :D
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

The nice thing about pink ones is they don't have the same tendancies to walk away with someone who has sticky fingers. I am man enough to carry a pink squeak, great little knife and it isn't the same old black.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Ferris Wheels wrote:The nice thing about pink ones is they don't have the same tendancies to walk away with someone who has sticky fingers. I am man enough to carry a pink squeak, great little knife and it isn't the same old black.
You think it's manliness? LOL, I drive this.

rodloos

Post by rodloos »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Yep, only pink and moonglow are not for me. :D
Chuck, you're missing out on that moonglow! :D I love mine for camping. Great conversation piece around the campfire :) and before I go to sleep, charge it up with a flashlight and hang it from my hammock ridgeline, and I have a night-light that lasts for several hours, and I can easily find my knife in the dark!
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

rodloos wrote:Chuck, you're missing out on that moonglow! :D I love mine for camping. Great conversation piece around the campfire :) and before I go to sleep, charge it up with a flashlight and hang it from my hammock ridgeline, and I have a night-light that lasts for several hours, and I can easily find my knife in the dark!
I don't do much(any) camping these days. I love being comfortable too much already. :D

Maybe if the moonglow came in a knife I really wanted.
nozh2002

Post by nozh2002 »

It is only last hundred years military start using camo. Before, at Blades Era when guns were not long distance and precise,
different parts of army had their own color - usually bright to see from distance on the battle field who is who. Somehow
they did not feel girlish even they have feathers and funny hats and overall looks like tropical parrot...

Some colors still keep this meaning - like I guaranty that Military with orange and black stripe (Ribbon of Sant George)
G10 will be selling like crazy in Russia and for Russians all around the World especially close to 9 May. It is combination
of color represent Guardian - sign of elite force which prove that in major battle against superior enemy and now they are
colors of The Victory:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribbon_of_Saint_George
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:You think it's manliness? LOL, I drive this.

I haven't seen one of those since I was a kid! My best friend's dad had one...it was hilarious to drive. Does it have motorcycle style bars inside instead of a steering wheel?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

Ferris Wheels wrote:The nice thing about pink ones is they don't have the same tendancies to walk away with someone who has sticky fingers. I am man enough to carry a pink squeak, great little knife and it isn't the same old black.
I never got the manliness thing with a pink knife. Yes it's pink, but it's a knife! It's like laughing at a hot pink tank. It's pink, but that guy has a TANK!
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Evil D wrote:I haven't seen one of those since I was a kid! My best friend's dad had one...it was hilarious to drive. Does it have motorcycle style bars inside instead of a steering wheel?
It actually has a wheel and stick shift. It's 4WD too. :D

Traffic here(nobody hardly follows rules) is disorganized. This thing is ideal to weave in and out and have lots of fun. :D

Dr. Snubnose's closet is bigger than this micro truck though. :D
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

My fiancee really wants one of those trucks, Chuck. I could end up driving one myself. Don't know about the pink, but it looks like a fine little vehicle.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I see they are nowhere near street legal in this state, but perhaps in the future when we have a little land..
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
mcrow

Post by mcrow »

I think there are good reasons to have brigh knives. If I'm fishing and drop it in the water it's easier to find or if I'm in the woods and drop it in the leaves it could be easier to see. However, I don't see anything wrong with people just liking bright colors but matching knives to clothes and shoes is a little to "metro-sexual" for me unless we're talking camo...lol.
kbrouwer

Post by kbrouwer »

There's no other explanation for them but the fact that they're just cool (except brown)
:spyder: :spyder: Kirk Brouwer :spyder: :spyder:
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

defenestrate wrote:I see they are nowhere near street legal in this state, but perhaps in the future when we have a little land..
That sucks Kris but let's look forward to when you get some land. :D
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Evil D wrote:I haven't seen one of those since I was a kid! My best friend's dad had one...it was hilarious to drive. Does it have motorcycle style bars inside instead of a steering wheel?
Is that a hi jet ? I drove one once nearly tipped it over round a corner great little vans though they made a seven seat version too .
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Bladekeeper wrote:Is that a hi jet ? I drove one once nearly tipped it over round a corner great little vans though they made a seven seat version too .
If you're referring to my pink micro truck, I just know it's a suzuki and we just call 'em multicabs here. :)
Waco

Post by Waco »

defenestrate wrote:My fiancee really wants one of those trucks, Chuck. I could end up driving one myself. Don't know about the pink, but it looks like a fine little vehicle.
Is that a Tiger truck? We've done work for them. People use them here for things like golf courses. They are deathtraps on the street.