Endura FFG gray FRN?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dcrutch8

Endura FFG gray FRN?

Post by dcrutch8 »

I have a combo edge endura and have been contemplating getting a gray FFG. My question is will the gray FRN be prone to discoloration and staining with use? Should I play it safe and get a black FFG endura?

How well has the gray enduras and delicas stood the test of time for those of you that have them? :)
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Pop it in the dishwasher if it gets too nasty and just make sure to dry it out with a hair dryer when ur done
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

It'll certainly get dirty and show it with use. I recommend you get a pack of magic eraser which helps clean scuffs and marks. If you dont mind maintaining it, the reward is a nice color beyond black. Gray's one of my favorite handle colors I don't feel it's too much of a hindrance to maintain.

I'm def getting a SuperBlue Endura in gray FRN.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Magic eraser is a bit abrasive though. If you use it a lot on your FRN or G10 scales, the wear will show over time.

I have heard that your roommates toothbrush and comet will work fine. ;)
buckthorn

Post by buckthorn »

I've carried my grey FFG Delica quite a bit and can see no discoloring. When a material lodges in the little cavities in the handle a toothbrush (cavities-toothbrush ha ha) and dish soap work fine. Even better is one of the stiffer nylon bristle brushes that look like an industrial version of a toothbrush.
Ragman24

Post by Ragman24 »

Haha!Good one Chuck!
mattman

Post by mattman »

FCM415 wrote:I'm def getting a Super Blue Endura in gray FRN.
I believe the Super Blue sprints are all in G10, not FRN...
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i have carried my gray endura without any problems. i have also used the dishwasher on occasion if i buy a used frn spydie that is really beat up. It works well, just dry it and lube it up afterwards. i rcvd an email and i was thinking of ordering this http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/b88d/?srp=2 for my laptops. I bet this would clean up the frn handles really well too if you dont want to put your knife in the dishwasher.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

mattman wrote:I believe the Super Blue sprints are all in G10, not FRN...
The super blue sprints of the Endura, Delica, Stretch and Ladybug are FRN, and I'd guess the Dragonfly will be too.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Holland

Post by Holland »

nope, i recall reading sal saying they would all be navy/dark blue FRN
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
dcrutch8

Post by dcrutch8 »

Thanks for all of the input! I am going to give the gray Endura a try. :)
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Congrats on the new knife, in advance. I've had good luck with just hot water, dishwashing soap/detergent and a brush to clean my colored Delica's.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
messer454

Post by messer454 »

Holland wrote:nope, i recall reading sal saying they would all be navy/dark blue FRN
I hope you are right because a new color for me would be cool. However my local dealer said the pre order has them down for gray FRN.

In reference to the original post. I have been carrying gray at least every other day(every day now for over amonth) since they were released and can see no discoloration.
"Be prepared.....It is more than a motto it is a way of life."

SpyderNation # 0019
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Magic eraser is a bit abrasive though. If you use it a lot on your FRN or G10 scales, the wear will show over time.

I have heard that your roommates toothbrush and comet will work fine. ;)
I suppose I haven't used it enough on a single knife to notice that! I have also used comet/dishsoap and toothbrush with good results!
Sadly, you believed wrong. Would be nice if it were G10 especially at the pricepoints I'm seeing them in (at websites, not out yet). It's ok though I'm happy with FRN also.
dcrutch8

Post by dcrutch8 »

The gray Endura came in the mail today! I really like the color. The FFG is nice also and was very sharp out of the box. The weight difference between the saber grind model I have and the new one is quite noticeable.

I am ready to put it to the test and see how she cuts! :) Thanks again for all of the input!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

FCM415 wrote:I suppose I haven't used it enough on a single knife to notice that! I have also used comet/dishsoap and toothbrush with good results!

Did your roommate find out about it? :D
BAL

Post by BAL »

I have a grey Delica and Grey Endura that I use for some rough cutting and have
never really noticed any more issues with them getting dirty looking over any black
ones. I just clean them off with the wifes dish soap (maybe I should use her
toothbrush, right Chuck).

I like teh grey look quite a bit. I don't like the brighter colors as much and I have
countless black ones, so the grey is a nice change.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

BAL wrote:I have a grey Delica and Grey Endura that I use for some rough cutting and have
never really noticed any more issues with them getting dirty looking over any black
ones. I just clean them off with the wifes dish soap (maybe I should use her
toothbrush, right Chuck).

I like teh grey look quite a bit. I don't like the brighter colors as much and I have
countless black ones, so the grey is a nice change.
If you do that, make sure she won't know about it or you'll be in for some cold nights alone. :D