Bad "Review" Military Video

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

OW!
Tough knife.
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

jon1all wrote:A little piece of me died at the 8:06 mark.... :(
What? You don't like the flathead option? :p
thurin

Post by thurin »

c.joe wrote:What? You don't like the flathead option? :p
He turned it into a multi-tool.
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

bh49 wrote:I am not really sure how did you conclude without knowledge of the language that this is a "Bad "Review" Military". The guy is actually pretty impressed with the knife, at least twice stating that Mily holds better than ZT. He expected to brake the tip and at at the end is recommending to buy.
Your statement about Russia is very boring place even better. Sounds like you have no clue what are you talking about.
I'm sorry your panties got twisted into the proverbial wad over my tongue in cheek statements. No need to take it personal.
nozh2002

Post by nozh2002 »

enduraguy wrote:I cringed several times watching this. I speak zero ruskee, but the gist seems to translate to vee are dumb arses. The predictable happens around the eight minute mark. Apparently, Russia is a very boring place.

https://youtu.be/-MxCDbA ... ata_player
Year we Russians mostly dumb arses, unlike you smart Americans living in such a interesting place...
We do a lot of testing to see real value of products and tent not to follow hype.

We also really fascinated with every example of your shiny smartness - like that one you just pull out..,

Especially this following one - which you should be very proud of:
enduraguy wrote:I'm sorry your panties got twisted into the proverbial wad over my tongue in cheek statements. No need to take it personal.
This is really treasure! Spyderco forum really set the bar quite high!

We Russians are so much impressed.
Chipped Karambit

Post by Chipped Karambit »

Can we keep this civil and not into an ad hominen attack or a "my country" etc thread?

I in no way speak Russian but I used to spar with a Russian and from what I can tell he did say some positive words, (unless the guy I sparred with was bad mouthing me with a smile lol)

I will admit I am curious about what they are saying, seems light hearted.

It holds up well (He does say it will be a hard use test in english) Especially when stabbing the PPGI (though I am amazed he was able to whittle that PPGI, I was unaware that knife could do that), That was good practical use that can be translated to stabbing other materials(maybe not with that ferocity though) Though I would not recommend stabbing then prying with the tip, If you must, try going to the thicker part(though I found it interesting and funny he kept stabbing with the broken tip, It actually did pierce a bit). Interesting how he almost stabbed and pryed a hole all the way through that piece of wood. Good holding up knife. On a smaller scale, that would be practical for fire starting the old fashion way, just maybe not that deep lol. And the nail test and the spine wack test(I never like these) were interesting. The edge didn't mess up on battoning into the nail, but that spine wack test amazed me it was able to hold up so well.
I hope they do this test on a PM2, a russian knifetest.com

My biggest question after watching this though was; What was in that can?
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

Chipped Karambit wrote: I hope they do this test on a PM2
They did.
"If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
"the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/
nozh2002

Post by nozh2002 »

Chipped Karambit wrote:Can we keep this civil and not into an ad hominen attack or a "my country" etc thread?
This is not civil from the very beginning, and it looks better and better once OP keep posting.
He should not start whining as a scared fan-boy once he see this test and start throwing his blames
left and right.

This is legitimate test which provide valuable data.

And I should say that way more Russians doing real testing then you guys here - YouTube have way
more Russian video testing then any other.
nozh2002

Post by nozh2002 »

Chipped Karambit wrote:Can we keep this civil and not into an ad hominen attack or a "my country" etc thread?
This is not civil from the very beginning, and it looks better and better once OP keep posting.
He should not start whining as a scared fan-boy once he see this test and start throwing his blames
left and right.

This is legitimate test which provide valuable data.

And I should say that way more Russians doing real testing then you guys here - YouTube have way
more Russian video testing then any other.
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

Chipped Karambit wrote: My biggest question after watching this though was; What was in that can?
Looked like cat food to me :p

Seriously tho, glad someone is doing it so I don't have to, enjoyed the video.
Translated the comments, mostly positive and light hearted. Who are we to judge, its not your knife.
I see, said the blind man.
Chipped Karambit

Zenith wrote:They did.
Tomorrow I shall hunt for it!
w3tnz wrote:Looked like cat food to me :p
It looked like apple cobbler for some reason. It made me hungry.
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

The title to this thread was badly named and IMO should be changed.

The Millie held up well under the abuse, and IMO the abuse was intended to go to the failure point. A good practical abuse test.

Vestiges of the cold war still permeate American thought about Russia. In reality Russian folk are warm, compassionate, smart, and extremely practical. Russians have a strong and rightly proud culture.

The pic is a small piece of an Ivan Turgenev portriat composed entirely of the authors own words :eek: If I had a Millie it would be in the picture too ;)
Attachments
Turgenev small.jpg
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Like the guys videos! don't understand a word of it but I enjoy his tests, the incar unboxings are somewhat less interesting to me :)
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

I should have have named the thread Military torture test. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I guess I prefer actual review/use videos where the knives are used rather than abused in ways that would be atypical.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

It is hard to keep civil the thread, which started with twisted interpretation of facts, based only on imagination and insult to a country and people, who live there.
Chipped Karambit wrote: My biggest question after watching this though was; What was in that can?
Cooked beef.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

The testing was fine and I saw nothing that was over the top to try and make the knife look bad in anyway.

The video was pretty solid and the Military came through it just fine.
SpyderScout

Post by SpyderScout »

Jeeeez, take it easy (he said to no one in particular) - its a friggin' knife, fer crying out loud.

Its not like somebody launched a ICBM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Good test...

I appreciate other people doing these torture tests, so that I do not need to break an expensive folder to understand where its limit are.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
cckw

Post by cckw »

Here is a tid-bit that may surprise many of you: Several months ago I sold a bunch out of my collection to raise money for something else. I sold them on ebay. and of the Mili & PM models, several went to Russia. The Russian buyers were very polite, paid fast and sent kind e-mails when the knives arrived. I'm trying to think of Russian stereotype to throw in here, but Vodka is the only one I can think of..

My point is clearly these models are well liked in Russia.
Chipped Karambit

bh49 wrote: Cooked beef.
And thus, the mysteries of the universe are solved. I am going to look for some canned cooked beef in the market today to see how it taste.