Techno love

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Powdercommander

Techno love

Post by Powdercommander »

[ATTACH]21463[/ATTACH]

Hello all. Long time reader, first time poster. Many spydercos before and a few after. None of them can take the place for more than a day or 2 of my Techno. I have used and abused it. No one but the Sharpmaker can tell. It keeps me thinking about a Sage2, but I dont know why I would...That's it.
Attachments
photo.JPG
krislacy

Post by krislacy »

nice picture.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I love my Techno too. I've been happily carrying and using it almost every day for several months. Not bad for a knife I had zero interest in at first prototype sight.
:bug-red-white
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I just received mine last night. I like it alot so far. Sturdy and stout little thing. Would make for a trusty small work knife.
Powdercommander

Post by Powdercommander »

FCM415 wrote:I just received mine last night. I like it alot so far. Sturdy and stout little thing. Would make for a trusty small work knife.
That's the thing, you start using it as a work knife and then you cant even imagine not having this sharp prybar work tool with you all the time...
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

Man this thread is getting me pumped. I was planning on going to the SFO tomorrow or Monday to pick one up.
Humint

Post by Humint »

You have no idea how much I love this knife. I have owned many, many, many knives before (sebenza's, PM2's, etc) and this knife is THE SECOND BEST KNIFE I HAVE EVER OWNED. If someone offered to give me a brand new Sebenza for this knife; I would take it.....then sell the Sebenza and buy 2 more Techno's. The Military is of course the perfect knife
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

Powdercommander wrote:That's the thing, you start using it as a work knife and then you cant even imagine not having this sharp prybar work tool with you all the time...
FCM415 wrote:I just received mine last night. I like it alot so far. Sturdy and stout little thing. Would make for a trusty small work knife.
Humint wrote:You have no idea how much I love this knife. I have owned many, many, many knives before (sebenza's, PM2's, etc) and this knife is THE BEST KNIFE I HAVE EVER OWNED. If someone offered to give me a brand new Sebenza for this knife; I would take it.....then sell the Sebenza and buy 2 more Techno's.

WOW! Lots of first/second time posters in here. Welcome!
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Powdercommander wrote:That's the thing, you start using it as a work knife and then you cant even imagine not having this sharp prybar work tool with you all the time...
Humint wrote:You have no idea how much I love this knife. I have owned many, many, many knives before (sebenza's, PM2's, etc) and this knife is THE BEST KNIFE I HAVE EVER OWNED. If someone offered to give me a brand new Sebenza for this knife; I would take it.....then sell the Sebenza and buy 2 more Techno's.
Welcome to the forums!

I never really liked the techno when it first came out, but it is definitely growing on me
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

Holland wrote:I never really liked the techno when it first came out, but it is definitely growing on me
It's starting to grow on me too. I'm lookin to buy a frame lock next and I also want to try the CTS-XHP steel so it kills two birds with one stone! :)
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
Holland

Post by Holland »

BigBill5953 wrote:It's starting to grow on me too. I'm lookin to buy a frame lock next and I also want to try the CTS-XHP steel so it kills two birds with one stone! :)
you'll love xhp, ive used it extensively with my para2 and it has exceeded my expectations
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

Holland wrote:you'll love xhp, ive used it extensively with my para2 and it has exceeded my expectations
Great! Looking forward to ordering that sucker.
-Billy

FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Wow, makes me want to buy another one! I can understand your sentiment, completely. I now have a "favorite" small knife, actually its my smallest knife right now come to think of it...I usually prefer bigger blades. I know you were just trying to prove a point with your Sebenza statement, but funny thing is, I'm actually planning on selling one of my smalls feeling content with the Techno. Really doing it to free up cash for other knife purchases but yeah, the Techno makes me feel good doing it.
BigBill5953 wrote:WOW! Lots of first/second time posters in here. Welcome!
Thanks Bill, I'm a longtime lurker here... You've seen me on BF!
Holland wrote:I never really liked the techno when it first came out, but it is definitely growing on me
Same here, I passed it up for the longest. I noticed the positive feedback it was getting from its users. Started youtubing it, and psyched myself out and got one hehe. Yep... JDavis and Oromoto's vids did it.

I'm really hoping the Marcin concept Spyderchef makes it to dealers... Mannnn I'm really excited for that one.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Welcome to the forums bro!!!

I'm S35 on the other planet.
Clip

Post by Clip »

Welcome! I love mine, it's great around the office but still holds its own through anything I ask.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

It's a great knife, for sure. I got mine in mid-August and have carried it every day, on and off duty, without exception. I actually did sell my trusty Small Regular Sebenza(my default EDC for about 6 years) after a couple of months of owning the Techno. It just keeps on doing whatever cutting task I have without issue.
And welcome to the Forums!
Spyopera
SFKW sugilite Kiwi
CRK Small Sebenza 31
Far too many sold...:o

Trusting my own experience
Mocean

Post by Mocean »

Techno hasn't left my pocket since day one. I just love it. Hands down my favourite knife.
Humint

Post by Humint »

[quote="FCM415"]Wow, makes me want to buy another one! I can understand your sentiment, completely. I now have a "favorite" small knife, actually its my smallest knife right now come to think of it...I usually prefer bigger blades. I know you were just trying to prove a point with your Sebenza statement, but funny thing is, I'm actually planning on selling one of my smalls feeling content with the Techno. Really doing it to free up cash for other knife purchases but yeah, the Techno makes me feel good doing it.

Actually the Sebenza point is 100% honest. The Techno is the absolute perfect small knife. I keep this as a companion blade to my favorite knife of all time, the Military. Fit and Finish is 97% of what the Sebenza is but I love it so much better than the Sebenza.
swedishgrunt

Post by swedishgrunt »

the techno is a awesome knife. it kicked the southard out of my pocket, and that says quite alot imo.

despite its blade thickness it sure is a awesome slicer.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Welcom! You have a great taste :) The Techno is one of my favourite Spydercos!! Its a wicked little knife

Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE