Mini Paramilitary 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cmcnie

Mini Paramilitary 2

Post by cmcnie »

Just wanted to through this out there. I recently got a PM2 and I love it however I'm finding it a bit large to EDC and sometimes feel wierd about using it in public just due to the size. Has Spyderco ever considered doing a mini PM2 like Benchmade has done with the Griptilian? I think that would make the the PERFECT EDC knife and they would probably sell a ton of them. Just a thought....what do you guys think?
phaust

Post by phaust »

If they got rid of the choil in the process of shortening everything, I definitely would be interested. Otherwise it'd still be a lot of handle for little edge
Holland

Post by Holland »

Welcome to the forums!

This has been talked about in the past, and i am all for it! i 100% agree with you in not wanting to use it in public because of the size. Thats why i only cary mine to work, and use the dfly around town
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

A mini-Para 2 would be interesting. I used to have a full size Para 2 and it just felt too big for me. It was kind of chunky in the pocket and seemed to scare NKP more than my Caly 3.5. Still, it is an incredible seller for Spyderco. So if they are willing to make a Manix XL after success with the Manix, I don't see why they wouldn't entertain doing the opposite with the Para 2.
ChaoticMayhem65

Post by ChaoticMayhem65 »

Well id most definitely buy one if it was released but i really don't feel the PM2 is too large. I feel its pretty much the perfect size. If anything maybe the blade could be a little bigger.
Blade and Flame

Post by Blade and Flame »

I'd love to see a "mini" or "Jr" Para that preserved the relatively slim profile and featured a compression or ball bearing lock.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

I am thinking about the rock lobster and the Pingo.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

They already made this knife it was called the Paramilitary 1 lol. Everyone begged for a bigger version and they made the Para 2. If they took off the choil it wouldn't be the same knife.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
black

Post by black »

D1omedes wrote: So if they are willing to make a Manix XL after success with the Manix, I don't see why they wouldn't entertain doing the opposite with the Para 2.

The Manix XL is the replacement for the original manix and the manix 2 is what was earlier called a mini manix. The para is a mini military. I don't see a need for a micro military. Spyderco could make a small comp-lock folder but it shouldn't be related to the military series.
Donut

Post by Donut »

I have been asking for a sprint of the S with a Solid Blade. That would make a very nice user. Especially if they could keep the weight down.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Evil D wrote:They already made this knife it was called the Paramilitary 1 lol. Everyone begged for a bigger version and they made the Para 2. If they took off the choil it wouldn't be the same knife.
I'm with David on this. :D
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

Evil D wrote:They already made this knife it was called the Paramilitary 1 lol. Everyone begged for a bigger version and they made the Para 2. If they took off the choil it wouldn't be the same knife.
Para2 remorse... it's sad when you see that happen. ;)
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Mini para 2, call it the militia...
roninair

Post by roninair »

I agree ...that is why i have not acquired one yet ...still waiting for the mini PM2
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

There are still Para1's out there! :)

I would dig a Rookie G10 with a compression lock. Just dreaming of course.
Blade and Flame

Post by Blade and Flame »

Blerv wrote: I would dig a Rookie G10 with a compression lock. Just dreaming of course.
Now that's a dream I can get behind.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Blerv wrote:There are still Para1's out there! :)

I would dig a Rookie G10 with a compression lock. Just dreaming of course.
I would dig a Rookie G10 with a FFG and finger choil like the Police 3.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
cmcnie

Post by cmcnie »

The paramilitary 1 is less than half an inch shorter than the PM2 and only weighs 2 grams less...hardly a mini version of it. I'm suggesting they take the PM2 and scale it down to the size of a delica or smaller. Big difference.
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

black wrote:The Manix XL is the replacement for the original manix and the manix 2 is what was earlier called a mini manix. The para is a mini military. I don't see a need for a micro military. Spyderco could make a small comp-lock folder but it shouldn't be related to the military series.
What platform do you think a comp-lock should be on? Sage? Caly? Delica?
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

I would love to have them get rid of the choil and shorten the handle about 3/4 inch. It wouldn't be a Para 2 but it would be a great knife. I also think the current blade is too thick. This is probably because I have become a slicer snob and I don't care about thick blades anymore. ;)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford