Your Favorite Knife To Play With

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kbrouwer

Your Favorite Knife To Play With

Post by kbrouwer »

We all have our knives we like to carry, the ones we like to cut with, the ones we like to look at, etc, but what knife do you like to sit playing with when watching TV?

For me, it's the Navaja, the carraca pivot is extremely addictive and it's fun to do "tricks" with. If you don't know what I mean, get one, it's a good knife in pretty much every way but for me, the highlights are the looks and that addictive and did I mention fun? carraca mechanism.
:spyder: :spyder: Kirk Brouwer :spyder: :spyder:
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

For me it would be the Spyderfly.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

ZT561 and CF Dodo.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Comeuppance

Post by Comeuppance »

I really like the sound my PM2 makes when opening and closing, so I'm always fiddling with it. Recently, I've been carrying that and an Enlan EL-01A (waiting for my 0561 to arrive, heh), and have been playing with them incessantly at work. Upside of working retail - nobody questions you having pocket knives.
Retail warrior and hand-sharpener with a perpetually shaved left arm.
My modest collection: Digicam Black PM2, Endura4 Wave, Manix2 XL, Black Tenacious
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Hard to beat a PM2. Love the compression lock.
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
Holland

Post by Holland »

pm2 and cf dodo
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Mahmer09

Post by Mahmer09 »

Sage 1. It is so smooth and has a satisfying click when locked into place. That knife puts a lot in a small package. Fun times. I think I need to smooth out the spyder home a tad though. That sucker does a number on my thumbnail.
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

Hands down, the Dodo is first. Second place - the Tuff (for the thumb workout I get).
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Manix 2, Southard and Caly Jr. are currently my favorites to play with.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Tuff and PM2 are my choices.

The Tuff gives my thumb a very good workout and has made opening other Spydies a breeze. The PM2 just gives me more ways to play with and simply dances in my hand though not in the same way a butterfly would. The latter is one knife I am scared to buy :)
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
flash900

Post by flash900 »

The list includes:

PPT
Sages I and II
A.G. Russell Gentleman's Frame Lock (flipper)
Pro-Tech TR-3 Manual Integrity
Wilson Combat Eagle
SuperLeaf
Spydies: Caly 3 & Jr.; Michael Walker; Dragonfly, 2 & G10; Delica 4, FFG, G10, & Wave; Endura G10 & Wave; Rookie; Ambitious, Persistence, Tenacious; Sage 1, 2, 3; CAT CF & G10; Chicago CF; Ladybug; Bradley; Manix 2, Blue & XL; Native 4, 5 & Forum; Balance; Rescue; Salt I & Pacific; D'Allara; Junior; PPT; SuperLeaf; Urban Safety Orange; Para 2; Matriarch 2 & Lil'; Techno; Southard; Tuffthumbz Sage 2 & Para 2 mods; Cuscadi Pingo; Domino; Slysz Bowie
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Southard flipper. I've never really been one to play with my knives, but the flipper is fun to open and close.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

A long time ago, I used to play with my Kershaw Blur. The AO made it fun to flick open. Needless to say, I became careless and ended up dropping the knife by accident. Good news was that the tip did not chip off on the floor. Bad news is that the tip went straight into my big toe. Luckily, the tanto tip was so sharp and acute that the cut was able to heal up without stitches. But I was walking gingerly on that foot for a few days to minimize the bleeding.

The only Spyderco's I play with are my lockbacks. Easy to open and close. I would like to have a manual flipper to play with but the Southard is out of my price range. Maybe we will see a cheaper version someday.
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

Smallfly, Szabofly, and Poliwog.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Holland

Post by Holland »

D1omedes wrote:A long time ago, I used to play with my Kershaw Blur. The AO made it fun to flick open. Needless to say, I became careless and ended up dropping the knife by accident. Good news was that the tip did not chip off on the floor. Bad news is that the tip went straight into my big toe. Luckily, the tanto tip was so sharp and acute that the cut was able to heal up without stitches. But I was walking gingerly on that foot for a few days to minimize the bleeding.

The only Spyderco's I play with are my lockbacks. Easy to open and close. I would like to have a manual flipper to play with but the Southard is out of my price range. Maybe we will see a cheaper version someday.
That sounds awful! definitely could have been worse though
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
jon1all

Post by jon1all »

Para2 by a mile!
Apparently, arachnophobia is not a condition from which I suffer.... :spyder:
------
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." (oops!)
--Thomas Jefferson
PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG >>>1all's Pub<<<
grewich

Post by grewich »

Right now it the two newest: southard and captain. However, I do enjoy spinning a pm2 or superleaf with my pinky in the hole. Sounds dirty cause it is. ;)
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

The SS Polywog.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
Brisket

Post by Brisket »

Poliwog, Dodo & PM2. The Meercat was fascinating at first, but being a lefty I ended up not playing with it that much.
Recent :spyder: Additions: Stretch CF ZDP, Caly 3 Super Blue, Gayle Bradley, PM2 M390, PM2 CTS-XHP, Cat CF, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, MT17, Native 5 S110V
In the Crosshairs: Stretch Super Blue, Manix 2 S90V
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

The Para 2 and Southard are my favorites. But I don't play around with knives while watching TV or otherwise distracted. I got cut badly with a knife once as a kid, and that's enough.
:bug-red-white