How to prepare for Ti PM2 and Domino?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mahmer09

How to prepare for Ti PM2 and Domino?

Post by Mahmer09 »

I am pretty excited about these two knives. So much so that I'd like to get them when they first come out. Being newish to the knife community, what is the best way to find out about a new knife's availability/pre-orde/purchase? Thanks, Matt

Post by 1623 »

Keeping an eye on the forum is one of the best ways since many of us tend to be fairly obsessed :D

You can also bookmark some of the dealer sites and check in periodically. GP and Blade HQ tend to list models fairly early with an expected date which may help you track the actual release.

When a model goes up on the Spyderco home page, that may also indicate that it's soon to be on dealer shelves.
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

These are two knives I must have as well.
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
karbon

Post by karbon »

I want that Para bad...REAL BAD
Addicted to almost anything bow or blade related

:spyder:Paramilitary 2 Collector:spyder:
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

Based on the title, I was going to suggest sell a kidney to make sure you have the money but I think 1623 nailed it.
Holland

Post by Holland »

I havent missed a preorder yet, after joining and checking these forums daily
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

Para 2 looks good but I'm more interested in the Domino. Me likey the handle scale :D
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

1623 wrote:Keeping an eye on the forum is one of the best ways since many of us tend to be fairly obsessed :D
That's an understatement!

Good advise from 1623 though!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Mahmer09 wrote:I am pretty excited about these two knives. So much so that I'd like to get them when they first come out. Being newish to the knife community, what is the best way to find out about a new knife's availability/pre-orde/purchase? Thanks, Matt
Do little "dealer research" to find reliable dealer. Place pre-oder, when the dealer start to take them. Do not get too exited, so you will be disappointed later. Sometimes it take years to get a knife. There are quite a few people pre-ordered theit fluted knives more than a year ago. 2011 Blade show award winner Ti Fluted Native5 didn't hit dealers shelves yet. But everybody will get their knives eventually, unless they will change their mind.
I am too exited about CF N5 S110V also. Should know better :( :o .
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

All these SHOT show announcements are going to put a dent in my bank account! Way to go with Spyderco knocking it out of the park!
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
ChaoticMayhem65

Post by ChaoticMayhem65 »

Heres how you prepare: take all your money out of your wallet and then put the wallet back in your pocket and get used to walking around with it like that.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I will own the Domino...It will be mine. OH YES...it will be mine.

When that preorder drops I'm gonna be on it like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm.

Then I'll make sure to post lots of pics. Hey, i'm an enabler :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David