Titanium Para-Military 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
connor

Titanium Para-Military 2

Post by connor »

Hello *@*,

someone needed to start this thread. ;-)

Information we have so far:
Titanium Para 2: The very first knife that caught my eye was the Titanium Paramilitary 2. This knife was solid Ti, and featured and integral comp lock, which is something we haven’t seen since the ATR. Further enhancing the awesomeness was the fact that the handle was fluted Ti, providing traction and loads of aesthetic appeal. This knife will not be cheap – but it will be mine.
(via "mark greenman")

Free cookies for the first one to post a picture! :cool:
'I ought never to act except in such a way that I can also will that my maxim should become a universal law.'
BAL

Post by BAL »

With the fluted TI Millie and Native around it was only a matter of time.
I would love to have the set.
jon1all

Post by jon1all »

Wow!
Apparently, arachnophobia is not a condition from which I suffer.... :spyder:
------
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." (oops!)
--Thomas Jefferson
PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG >>>1all's Pub<<<
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Wow is all you can say.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Blade and Flame

Post by Blade and Flame »

My wallet hurts already…
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I haven't seen it but wish it was non-textured titanium. I dig the aesthetic of the Sage 2 more but maybe I'm in the minority.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

No, Blerv, I am right there with you. I prefer the non-textured titanium as well. The fluted titanium that Spyderco has been using lately has a bit too much flash and "bling" for my tastes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
unowatt

Post by unowatt »

Wow!!!

I wish for a bead blast finish on both the scales and on an exotic steel with Ti clip as well :D
:spyder: Dream Big and Keep Dreaming :spyder:

[HR][/HR]My :spyder:
Delica ZDP 189 , Delica C11P SS
Para 2 - Black Satin, Orange, Blue, Brown, Digi Camo - Satin & Black, CF-S90V
Persian, Persian 2 75mm, Zulu, Sage 4, Southard, Calypso(Sprint), Caly3(Sprint), Stretch (Sprint)

Other:
Fallkniven A1

Wish List:
:spyder: Delica - CF, Delica - Ti, ZT-0777, Para 2 Ti, Para 2 Fluted CF, Domino, Karahawk & My Wallet :D

Preorder:
:spyder: Native 5 Fluted Ti, Green Para 2
ZT-0888
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I just hope they can produce enough of these to avoid the perpetual backorder situation of the Ti fluted Military.
:bug-red-white
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

I agree with the non-flutes folks. I like that look much bettet. Based on the line up people are reporting, 2013 could be expensive.
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

Blerv wrote:I haven't seen it but wish it was non-textured titanium. I dig the aesthetic of the Sage 2 more but maybe I'm in the minority.
I'm not a fan of the fluted Ti either. I like the look of regular titanium on a Sage 2 or a Sebenza.
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Blerv wrote:I haven't seen it but wish it was non-textured titanium. I dig the aesthetic of the Sage 2 more but maybe I'm in the minority.
I'm with you; blinged out Ti doesn't do it for me. I'd much prefer plain Ti on the RIL side and G10 or CF on the other. Hinderer, ZT, Microtech among others all got it right.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Sounds cool! I'm a little sceptical because the Mili with fluted ti has been scarce, we haven't seen the Native in fluted ti and of course the Para 2 hasn't even been available in standard form for months! Sorry to throw cold water on the announcement.
I'd get one if they became available.
speedcut

Post by speedcut »

Guys i think Spy might take the Military approach with this : first a Non Fluted Para 2 and after a Fluted Para 2.... :)
Holland

Post by Holland »

speedcut wrote:Guys i think Spy might take the Military approach with this : first a Non Fluted Para 2 and after a Fluted Para 2.... :)
i hope your right
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
ChaoticMayhem65

Post by ChaoticMayhem65 »

Fluted Ti or plain Ti, i could care less. Personally i love the way the fluted looks but the Plain Ti looks awesome too. What matters is the integral compression lock. That's whats going to make this a winner and one of the most epic Para's to date.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Also interested in the integral comp lock. I missed out on the ATR but always thought it was a cool design despite the quirky looks.
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

speedcut wrote:Guys i think Spy might take the Military approach with this : first a Non Fluted Para 2 and after a Fluted Para 2.... :)
That would be nice.
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

jackthedog wrote:I agree with the non-flutes folks. I like that look much bettet. Based on the line up people are reporting, 2013 could be expensive.
Merely expensive? I'm not going to be able to eat!
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

One nice thing about the fluted Millie over the plain Ti version is that it is substantially lighter - due to the thinner, contoured scales. John Grimsmo showed recently that you can build a Ti Para2 scale that isn't much heavier than the standard G10. I'm sure that Spyderco is going with a solid Ti scale rather than a Ti scale with nested SS liner - so it isn't an apples-to-apples comparison...

I'm interested to see the fluting pattern they chose - based on the three existing fluted designs (Millie, Native, Chaparral), the Para2 pattern would likely be different than the existing knives. Exciting!

Like everyone else, I'm excited about the compression frame lock. Hope they use the steel lock face. And of course, we are still waiting on official notification about the steel being planned. Here's hoping for M4!

TedP