Native 5 with carbon fiber and S110V

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

FCM415 wrote:So it's a sprint after all. I've had this preordered for well over a year now, early on the list too. Don't fail me GP! My most anticipated Spyderco folder.
This was confirmed as a production run before...... What's changed?
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Popsickle wrote:This was confirmed as a production run before...... What's changed?
Good question. Higher urgency to get one Asap now that it's a one time limited instead.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Popsickle wrote:This was confirmed as a production run before...... What's changed?
FCM415 wrote:Good question. Higher urgency to get one Asap now that it's a one time limited instead.
I'm pretty sure I remember Sal saying that it was cataloged as regular production but they'd have to see how things worked out. :(
bh49

Post by bh49 »

originally was mentioned that the knife will be limited production like Ti fluted models, later Sal mentioned that management didn't decide on status, either sprint or limited production. I hope that there will be enough not to create insanity among buyers and hysteria among some forum members.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

I'm in...probably. Not a "grail" for me, but I don't have a Native 5, so I would like to get an interesting sprint instead of just any regular N5.

If I miss, out, I won't be too upset. I may or may not place a preorder, as I am already late to the preorder game.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

GoldenSpydie wrote:Not a "grail" for me.
Not a grail for me either. I doubt that CF N5 will kick-out my 2013 Forum knife out of the picket, but this is one of very few knives, which I want and will buy. I hope that I will be able to get without CC number. I have the knife on pre-order for a long time.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

JNewell

Post by JNewell »

bh49 wrote:Not a grail for me either. I doubt that CF N5 will kick-out my 2013 Forum knife out of the picket, but this is one of very few knives, which I want and will buy. I hope that I will be able to get without CC number. I have the knife on pre-order for a long time.
Yeah, just looked at the date of my pre-order. It's ~15 months back! :eek: :) I will definitely be picking up one of these. :spyder:
bh49

Post by bh49 »

JNewell wrote:Yeah, just looked at the date of my pre-order. It's ~15 months back! :eek: :) I will definitely be picking up one of these. :spyder:
My name went to the waiting list at my favorite Pharmacy on January 21, 2013. We are getting close.

Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Just read in the latest Spyder-Byte that this knife will be released in August along with the Worker as sprint runs.
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!

Howe's has it listed as being in stock 8/13. Jim has the Worker now listed too!!! Wow, guess I'm not eating this month!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
bh49

Post by bh49 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote: Wow, guess I'm not eating this month!
Just drink a lot of water :D

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Holy cow. The timing of all these knives is killing me! I just bought...

Black Southard
Para-Military 2 Elmax
Manix 2 cruwear
Yojimbo 2 S90V
Domino CTS-204P
Para-Military 2 S35VN (popped up on a bunch of sites recently)

Now this and the worker? I'm running out of things to sell!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
GoldenSpydie

Post by GoldenSpydie »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Holy cow. The timing of all these knives is killing me! I just bought...

Black Southard
Para-Military 2 Elmax
Manix 2 cruwear
Yojimbo 2 S90V
Domino CTS-204P
Para-Military 2 S35VN (popped up on a bunch of sites recently)

Now this and the worker? I'm running out of things to sell!
Tell me about it...

Foundry (slightly used from a Carpenter employee)
2x Manix Cruwear
Yomimbo S90V
Mini Police Necklace
Mule Team 19
Black Ti-Nitride Endura

And now this is on the radar, and I've got to order a CTS-204P Domino, and...you get the point. :)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Totally. Seeing them listed like that it's hard not to start doing the math, but I stop myself pretty quick and go look at a picture of the CF Yojimbo 2 lol.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
RadioactiveSpyder

I canceled my Yo2 order a few days ago :( . The blue Domino pushed me over the edge (no pun intended), plus many of the others you guys just listed (plus almost that Foundry GS! ;) ) have washed over us like a tidal wave the last few weeks.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Sorry to hear that. With all the great knives being released the Yojimbo 2 is still at the top of my list.

@liquid_cobra
RadioactiveSpyder

Liquid Cobra wrote:Sorry to hear that. With all the great knives being released the Yojimbo 2 is still at the top of my list.
Haven't given up hope for getting one at some point and I figured this one would last a little while in KW's stockroom. Hedging my bets for the others, all while trying to avoid completely infuriating my wife with my knife "problem" :) .
DJ

Post by DJ »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote: all while trying to avoid completely infuriating my wife with my knife "problem" :) .
I hear that .......... my wife said she would leave me if I bought one more knife. :(
With that said I just ordered two :D
Steel Snob M-4
black

Post by black »

Timing isn't the best. Was expecting it last winter. But I'll probably get one if it's a sprint.
ManixFan

Post by ManixFan »

bh49 wrote:Not a grail for me either. I doubt that CF N5 will kick-out my 2013 Forum knife out of the picket, but this is one of very few knives, which I want and will buy. I hope that I will be able to get without CC number. I have the knife on pre-order for a long time.
I also have an S110V Forum Native and also like it quite a bit. But I would like to keep it mint and this CF version would be a user. The Native 5 is a perfect smaller EDC that still fits and locks into your hands very well. If anyone doesn't have a Forum knife this is a chance to get basically the same thing except in CF. Not an opportunity to be missed.......especially if you DID miss out on the Forum knife.
Estne Spyderco in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? :eek:
Google est amicus! :D