Time for a Giveaway!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ciliatus

Post by Ciliatus »

My first was the Tenacious. My most recent is a Delica with Emerson wave. I started off thinking Spyderco made ugly knives. I didn't completely hate the look of the Tenacious and I'd heard good things so I ordered it online. My knife life was forever changed. I had never seen or handled a knife in that price range that performed so well. Not too long after that, almost all Spydercos became beautiful to me. :)

Thanks so much for the generosity. Good luck everyone!
DigitalUrbanCamo

Post by DigitalUrbanCamo »

My first spyderco was a persistence.
My last spyderco was a Manix 2 translucent black.

Over time I have been surprised to find that all my spydercos excel at pretty much everything I use them for. I have yet to have one brake or snap off a tip. I am always amazed at how much knife you get for the money when it comes to spyderco.
KnOeFz

Post by KnOeFz »

My gateway Spyderco was also a Tenacious :D
The last I bought was a Military.
Wat surprised me is how addictive these beautiful tools are, won't go a day without one in my pocket.
:spyder: I don't mind going nowhere, as long as it's an interesting path. - Ronald Mabbitt
Qcrazy

Post by Qcrazy »

My first Spyderco was a PE Meerkat. This Christmas I got a H1 Dragonfly from a brother in law. A big surprise was when I went digging in a junk drawer and found a old Spyderco sharpener that I'd bought back in the mid eighties that hadn't seen in years. I bought it many years before any of their knives.

Thanks for the opportunity to own a Stretch, I've looked at them for years and still have not pulled the trigger on that knife.
EatingPie

Post by EatingPie »

My first Spyderco was a Delica. My latest Spyderco is a Delica. :D

The surprise for me is how knife-crazy I've gone in just a month, even purchasing a Knife Sharpener (a Sharpmaker). Even more surprising, I can actually [i[]sharpen[/i] a knife!

-Pie
VictorLouis

Post by VictorLouis »

Since a Stretch is on my buy-list, I will most definitely use and enjoy it, should I be privileged to win.

My answer is:
First Spyderco: Delica saber ground FRN. Latest Spyderco: Atlantic Salt
Along the way, Tenacious, Delica waved, Saver Salt, Endura FRN saber, Byrd Crow and Raven in no particular order.
I have been surprised at how much quality they can pack into the Byrd line. I've got a CC2FRN, and turned on my friend to a Meadowlard FRN CE. Amazing value, and you can be assured that you're not buying flea-market junk!
Milkman

Post by Milkman »

My first Spyderco was technically a Byrd Pelican. They had recently gone on closeout (about 6 years ago) and I picked it out after much research for a decent, yet affordable "first" knife. The latest Spyderco I purchased was a gray Spyderco Endura 4 for one of my friends. I thought the knives looked funky at first, but I grew to appreciate the ergonomics. Upon discovering the forum, I was surprised over how classy the folks at Spyderco and the forum posters are, especially compared to certain other knife companies who market much more aggressively.
Elsilrac1

Post by Elsilrac1 »

First was a Renegade = Last was a Southard. Biggest surprise is how many Spydies I have gifted over this span of time. I truly enjoying sharing my passion of well made knives.
Let Us Slay !

Post by Let Us Slay ! »

First: Digicam PM2
Recent: Ulize
Surprises: Finding out that my new knife collecting hobby actually lead me to creating my own custom scale and knife projects!
Thanks gbelleh
Leemaxx

Post by Leemaxx »

First: Native III
Last: Para 2 dc Blk.
Next: Another Para or a KaraHawk

I would like to that I'm supprized by how addictive they are, but that's not true. I can appreciate quality products, something that has form and function. Spyderco has this in spades!
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Thank you for the giveaway and this chance.

My first was a Centofante3 and my last was the Schempp Tuff.

Along the way, I learnt that I am very picky about knives I have selected and that I like large folders.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
arjay18

Post by arjay18 »

My first Spydie was a Delica 4 FFG with blue FRN. Last one was the lastest mule in XHP.

Biggest surprise was when I last counted how many I have now, 30 by last count. I can still remember being reluctant to spend around $60 + shipping for it and now I can drop 7-8 times that without even a blink. The stretch has long been in my to get list but I've never gotten to pick one up, **** those para 2s. :)
Coulro

Post by Coulro »

Thanks for the chance!

My first Spyderco was a waved Endura that I unfortunately lost working with a landscaping company, only knife I've lost to date!
My latest is the amazing Southard flipper, flips even better than my Shirogorov M95 that cost considerably more.
My biggest surprise was that I can carry the military comfortably, when I first handled one I thought it was monstrously huge compared to the Sage 1 I was carrying but now it's probably my most carried knife and my favorite Spydie (cf/m390)
shao.fu.tzer

Post by shao.fu.tzer »

Thanks for the opportunity.

First: Endura PE with integral zytel clip (1994?)
Last: Spyderco Dodo CF sprint run
808Manix

Post by 808Manix »

my first syperdco ia a mini manix, don't have a last sypderco.
the biggest surprise was the sharpness out of the box.

Thanks for the chance.
:spyder: C101GP Mini Manix PE

:spyder: SP204MF Sharpmaker
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

My 1st was black almite Cricket (liner lock now goes all the way to other side...)
My last was Bradley Air (bought as memorial knife when my dad passed away in Oct. last year. I carry it everyday)

Surprise 1: how hard I was bitten, now over 50 Spydies
Surprise 2 and the Best one: what a quality company Spyderco is from design, innovation and materials to the most important thing - unmatched customer service and people!!
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
jon1all

Post by jon1all »

First: Resilience (until then I am had only smallish folders and wanted a big one... and the Resilience is definitely big!)

Last: Ladybug3 Salt Hawkbill (a gift from a friend and the smallest of my Spydies)

Surprises along the way: How I changed from thinking the Spyder Hole was odd looking and preferring thumb studs to now preferring the Spyder Hold and thinking thumb studs look odd. :)
Apparently, arachnophobia is not a condition from which I suffer.... :spyder:
------
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." (oops!)
--Thomas Jefferson
PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG >>>1all's Pub<<<
SDMark

Post by SDMark »

First Spyderco: Endura 4 - ZDP189
Latest Spyderco: Sage 2

Never ceases to amaze me the quality of Spyderco's knives. I have over 50 Spydercos and every one of them works flawlessly. I am surprised that a company is able to sustain that level of excellence for so long.
1965ford

Post by 1965ford »

first Spyderco: Endura 4 FFG in blue
latest Spyderco: Tenacious with the green G10

I was never a knife person until I got the Endura. It has created a strange addiction leading to may other Spyderco knives (and a few of other brands as well). Very odd for me since I have passed out after cutting myself in the past.....

Spyderco will be my top choice for the value and performance, even over more expensive custom knives. I had the opportunity to talk with Sal at my first Blade Show in 2012 and he spent a good deal of time answering all of my questions and made me feel like an important customer, even though I am no dealer or big shot.
tap78

Post by tap78 »

First Spyderco: Spyderco Military Digital Camo (102V)
Latest Spyderco: Spyderco Manix 2 Lightweight Translucent Blue

My biggest suprise was that Spyderco knives outperforms in cutting many other (even much more expensive) knives. Same thing with ergonomics and fit & finish. I had many knives but I mainly stick with Spyderco brand. Looking for more :)

ps. Thank's for contest :)
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear