Dodo flumoxes me.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
iamhoss

Post by iamhoss »

As a complete Dodo FREAK, maybe I can offer another angle. I whittle. The Spyderco "Reverse S" blade design lends itself extremely well to my hobby. I have a Meerkat (yep, remember those?) that I have carried since they first hit the market and use non-stop. I am, however, cursed when it comes to Dodos. I NEVER lose knives except Dodos. I have lost a black one, four blue ones, two orange ones, and I'm in the market for a CF to lose.

Hope the explanation of what I actually accomplish with the Dodo helps justify it a little to some who appear to be having a hard time doing so. I would be appreciative of such an explanation for the 20 or Spydies I feel that way about. But that's a topic for another day.

Be careful out there and just have fun with it.
"Yes Occifer, she said KINKY...... That's "K" as in KNIFE...." "OUCH"!!!!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

You lost 7 Dodos??? :eek:
:bug-red-white
einstein2001

Post by einstein2001 »

My only regret in this world was selling my Orange Dodo to fund my CF Dodo. :(
I should have kept both. :D :spyder:
[table="width: 1100, align: left"]
[tr]
[td][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/td]
[td]Cruwear Military, CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule
Southard, Techno, Sage 2, Gayle Bradley
Super Blue Caly 3, Caly 3.5, Endura and G10 Ladybug
ZDP-189 G10 Dragonfly, ZDP-189 Nishijin Dragonfly
[HR][/HR]:spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder:
-Brandon

[/td]

[/tr]
[/table]
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

gbelleh wrote:You lost 7 Dodos??? :eek:
Seriously, that's what I thought. I may move to Lower Alabama, they have spare Dodos lying around just waiting to be found. You could possibly pick up a genuine Spyderco Dodo at a flea market for $30 - $50. I'm going to pack now. ;)

p.s. Nice to see you posting again hoss.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
iamhoss

Post by iamhoss »

Hey Guys - Bring it. I deserve anything you throw at me. Outside of the Dodos, I may have lost 2 or 3 knives in 47 years. I'm telling you, I'm cursed with the Dodos. I'm sure it's because I love them so much.
"Yes Occifer, she said KINKY...... That's "K" as in KNIFE...." "OUCH"!!!!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

iamhoss wrote:Hey Guys - Bring it. I deserve anything you throw at me. Outside of the Dodos, I may have lost 2 or 3 knives in 47 years. I'm telling you, I'm cursed with the Dodos. I'm sure it's because I love them so much.
Sorry hoss, not trying to pour salt on the wound. 1 or 2 seems possible, but I think you are correct about being cursed with Dodos.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Any idea "how" you are losing them?

I "almost" lost a blue one once. I really thought it was gone. About a week later my wife found it hanging on a mesh bag in the laundry room. The bag had snagged the clip and picked my pocket. I was so happy to have it back.

Condolences on your loss(s)

Ken
玉鋼
angusW

Post by angusW »

I've bought different things that were expensive to me but if they were a quality product that served me well I tend to forget the cost and am glad that I made the purchase. I've also bought things that were cheap and didn't work well. Even though it may not have cost that much I feel that I wasted my money.

I have the orange Dodo and was a bit hesitant to get it originally, thinking it was a strange knife. Now I've forgotten the price and I'm very happy to have gotten it. The Dodo has served me well. To some the orange Dodo is too expensive but not to me and some think the carbon fiber Dodo is too expensive and I would have to agree. There's also some who feel it's at a good price point. In short it's up to each of us to decide if something will serve us well or not.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies