Is it too early to ask for a Szabo sprint? ;)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Carlos

Is it too early to ask for a Szabo sprint? ;)

Post by Carlos »

I've had my Szabo folder for a couple days now and I have to say that it is one of the most impressive pieces to ever bear the Spyderbug -- and I've owned a lot of Spydies over the years. Congrats to Laci and the Spydercrew.

The current CF scales are great -- providing good grip without the grip-tape feel of peel-ply CF, but this baby would be gorgeous in Nishijin glass fiber. A knife this exotic would probably be better off as a series of sprints anyways, say 500 to 1000 units in each handle material: lighting CF, Nishijin, peel-ply, etc., until our wallets give out. :rolleyes:
"Wild animals are beautiful because they have hard lives."
- Paul Graham
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Carlos! Ye old devil. ;) How're you doing, guy? :) (I'm not sure if you remember me or not from the "old days" here on the forum. Think back to like 2001-2003). As for the Szabo Sprint, I think it could certainly be a possibility some day. It seems that Spyderco generally creates Sprint Runs from previously discontinued (and often highly sought-after) Spydies (i.e. the Dodo, Jester, Persian, Meerkat, etc.). But, as I said, it certainly could happen. We just may need to wait 3-7 years.

Good to "see" you again!

Cheers,

Michael
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

Yes
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

If we're talking sprints and we are i suggest Upping the steel to FFG S90V. I mean the steel is already in taiwan to make the southfork why not carve out 500-1200 szabo blades and feed us steel junkies. Just a thought
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

VashHash wrote:If we're talking sprints and we are i suggest Upping the steel to FFG S90V. I mean the steel is already in taiwan to make the southfork why not carve out 500-1200 szabo blades and feed us steel junkies. Just a thought
I don't object to S90V. :cool:
- Paul Graham
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

SpyderNut wrote:Carlos! Ye old devil. ;) How're you doing, guy? :) (I'm not sure if you remember me or not from the "old days" here on the forum. Think back to like 2001-2003). As for the Szabo Sprint, I think it could certainly be a possibility some day. It seems that Spyderco generally creates Sprint Runs from previously discontinued (and often highly sought-after) Spydies (i.e. the Dodo, Jester, Persian, Meerkat, etc.). But, as I said, it certainly could happen. We just may need to wait 3-7 years.

Good to "see" you again!

Cheers,

Michael
Hey Michael,

I see your post count has finally overtaken mine. That's what I get for slacking off I guess. :)
- Paul Graham
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Carlos wrote:Hey Michael,

I see your post count has finally overtaken mine. That's what I get for slacking off I guess. :)
;)

That may be true, but we both have a long way to paddle before we catch up with The Deacon. Dang. :eek: Anyway, it's always good to "see" a friendly face from the past.

Take care,

Michael
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

The sazbo is looking really tempting for me really liking the blade shape and cf scales just can't help but wish the top edge was sharp as its crying out for it IMO .
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Bladekeeper wrote:The sazbo is looking really tempting for me really liking the blade shape and cf scales just can't help but wish the top edge was sharp as its crying out for it IMO .
I'm happy it just has a swedge and is not sharpened on the top, because in Texas I can't carry a double-edged blade :) .
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Bladekeeper wrote:The sazbo is looking really tempting for me really liking the blade shape and cf scales just can't help but wish the top edge was sharp as its crying out for it IMO .
That swedge is so thick that it would have to be re-ground in order to be sharpened, but it juts out too far when closed for that to be safe.
- Paul Graham