Raising prices in early 2013

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Clip

Raising prices in early 2013

Post by Clip »

Hey guys,

Was on one of the dealer sites and saw a note about Spyderco raising their wholesale and MSRP, and this site was going to follow suit in late January. Anyone else seen this anywhere? Might be a good excuse to blow a ton of money quick!
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

It's just business as usual. Spyderco adjusts pricing at the beginning of every year to reflect cost increases in materials, etc. Not all knives are going up in price, but those that do tend to have pretty small increases.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Can't single out spyderco everything's going up food goods the whole lot I spent $200 equivalent on food yesterday seems like it was half than what it was a year ago.
Everybody who it effects is in the same boat I know your op wasn't a complaint but a heads up just seems like everything but the wage is rising.
arjay18

Post by arjay18 »

Thanks for the heads up! Time to decide on the models I'm interested in.
Clip

Post by Clip »

To be clear, I didn't start this thread with the intent of complaining. Just read some info and thought I'd bring it up on the boards as a heads-up. Didn't think there'd be any wild jumps or cases of gouging (apart from the normal secondary sprint market).

Kyle, thanks. Didn't know if this was routine as the website pointed it out like a special event. Just trying to drum up some business :)

I'm with you Bladekeeper, less chips in a bag, less soap in a bar, I even think they're making the toilet paper tube bigger so I get less paper. All while my paycheck stays the same.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I don't know of a MSRP increase that would affect my spending habits much. I'm far from loaded but a 20% increase (crazy unrealistic) for most models is like $12 from most dealers. That's a burger at a restaurant or three overpriced domestic drafts.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Inflation.
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
bengaiser

Post by bengaiser »

Holland wrote:Inflation.
Name of the next model? :rolleyes:
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

It's something that is good to be know but, as noted, predictable. It's probably a good thing that knife manufacturers can't use the food industry's trick of shrinking the package every year and charging you the same. Some here have to remember 1lb cans/bags of coffee. What's the average now, 11oz? Probably won't be noticeable for me, or anyone else whose intended purchases for 2013 are brand new models where there won't be an older price to raise.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

bengaiser wrote:Name of the next model? :rolleyes:

:cool:
SCARLETT

Post by SCARLETT »

Yep inflation all right. For example the popular GB MSRP in 2010 was $214 now it's listed at $269 ouch. But 55 bucks over three years isn't to bad.. Or is it?
:spyder:33:spyder:
Dreaming of an A.T.R. with combo TI/G10 scales
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

If it keeps a great american company in business, I don't mind. Atleast we are getting to choose what our money is going to support.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
thelock

Post by thelock »

I noticed a 10$ increase on some models, not too much but the prices were already to high. Sucks but can't blame Spyderco for it. Maybe its time to find another hobby.
:spyder: Paramilitary 2
:spyder: Bob Lum Tanto Sprint
:spyder: Anso Zulu
:spyder: Szabo Folder
:spyder: Delica ZDP-189
:spyder: SS Kiwi
:spyder: SS Bug set