lady bug construction

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
c11642

lady bug construction

Post by c11642 »

I was just wondering if the County Comm ladybugs are the only ones (Ladybug) :) that have screw together constuction. Thanks
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

No. All Ladybugs have gone to screwed pivots as a CQI (constant quality improvement) measure. Newer runs will have it, older ones will be pinned. It's best to ask the dealer prior to purchasing.

Personally I like pinned models. Glad they went to screwed for manufacturing/warranty and repair purposes but don't mind the old style.
c11642

Post by c11642 »

Cool thanks for the info
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that many (but not all) of the main line FRN Spydies are going to screwed construction - at least for the pivots. Certainly true for the Endura/Delica and Salt lines...

TedP
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

phillipsted wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that many (but not all) of the main line FRN Spydies are going to screwed construction - at least for the pivots. Certainly true for the Endura/Delica and Salt lines...

TedP
You are correct. Pretty much the whole FRN Salt line as I know it. The liner equipped flagship from Seki have had screwed pivots since inception (D4/E4/Stretch/etc). I'm sure the Manbug as well.

I know the Cento3 hasn't. Not sure on the Native C41. :o
Holland

Post by Holland »

thats great news that they are turning away from pinned construction
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

I don't mind pinned construction either...
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban