Para-Military2 *In Stock* at the following links... (:

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Most of the dealers that have the PM2 at the cheapest prices (less than $105) have a limit of one. CutleryShoppe, Knifeworks,and National among others. You can go elsewhere but more of their customers get a chance at buying the knife at this price which I think is fair. The PM2 is regular production but it is in much higher demand than your standard knife. I mean check out this thread, 16 pages of PM2 in stock updates.

How many standard S30v PM2's do you need to buy at one time? Need ten as stocking stuffers? Gonna have to wait till production catches up...
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Maybe I just have a devious or diabolical mind, but if I wanted two or three, I'd get a friend or relative to order them for me :cool:
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I'm sure everyone including Philo knows there are ways to get more than one by calling etc., I take from his comment that it's more about "how dare they have a one- limit".
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Philo Beddoe wrote:NK's prices are good but I don't like the "Strict Limit of One (1) Paramilitary 2 (total - all models combined) per customer".

I can see doing that with sprint runs but regular production knives?

Whatever, when I see that I go elsewhere.
Considering how scarce the PM2's have been, I appreciate them limiting it to one per customer, especially since it's a decent price. No point in just having a flipper buy them all up and turn around and sell them for higher. These may be regular production, but demand has been outstripping supply for awhile, almost as if they were sprints.

Even the cruwear Millie I got from them was pretty reasonably priced.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

When I buy knives, any knife, I always buy in pairs, sometimes knives get lost, its been known to happen. I've had it happen to me. So I buy one knife then I got to go through hassle of finding another place to buy another one, or getting a "relative" to buy one, if I have to go through all that hassle I will pass. I also feel like a little kid being told by his mom: "Sorry, only one piece of candy for you".

Whatever, I'll pass on NK's lil child limits, gotta go through "relatives" just to buy a second knife hassles and go elsewhere..

Even KW allowed 2 of the Sprint Run Manix 2's to be bought by one person without having to go through "relatives" to get 2..they got my business..2 ordered..if they had limited it to one per customer I would have passed..

Don't "need" anymore Para2's..have 3 regular production and 2 KW 204P green Para2's..good to go on those..
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

So... You weren't even affected since you weren't looking to buy a standard Para2 anyway. Just wanted to say "how dare they have a one-limit". Ok got it. I'll take more people hopefully catching the Para2 at a great price than one disgruntled person because of it who wasn't buying even just one anyway. This happens with many sought after products, not just knives. PS4, new Iphone, Jordan shoes the list goes on... Nothing is perfect but it's the best thing that dealers can do to make it as fair for as many customers as possible.

BTW, KW which you cited as having a limit of two on the Manix XL CF also has a limit of one on the standard PM2's when they have them available. Same for the the Cruwear Millie and other sprints they get. So what are you gonna do, not shop at KW either? Where does that leave you to shop, Amazon?
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

So..you like to put words in others peoples mouths. Can you point out where I said anything about being disgruntled?? I didn't say one thing about "being disgruntled" did I now? Assume much?? OK got it. You just wanted to say "how dare you have a opinion".

As for KW Cruware and Para2s etc, well I didn't buy either of those from them either. Why? Because of the limits.

When I see the "limited to 1 thing" I move on.

If you don't like my opinion then that's your problem.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Philo Beddoe wrote:I don't like the "Strict Limit of One (1) Paramilitary 2 (total - all models combined) per customer".

I can see doing that with sprint runs but regular production knives?

Whatever, when I see that I go elsewhere.
Philo Beddoe wrote:When I buy knives, any knife, I always buy in pairs, sometimes knives get lost, its been known to happen. I've had it happen to me. So I buy one knife then I got to go through hassle of finding another place to buy another one, or getting a "relative" to buy one, if I have to go through all that hassle I will pass. I also feel like a little kid being told by his mom: "Sorry, only one piece of candy for you".

Whatever, I'll pass on NK's lil child limits, gotta go through "relatives" just to buy a second knife hassles and go elsewhere..

Even KW allowed 2 of the Sprint Run Manix 2's to be bought by one person without having to go through "relatives" to get 2..they got my business..2 ordered..if they had limited it to one per customer I would have passed..
dis·grun·tled - dissatisfied, in a state of sulky dissatisfaction, discontented

You sounded disgruntled/dissatisfied with the 1 item limit. If it was the wrong word my apologies to you.
Philo Beddoe wrote: "how dare you have a opinion". .
Yeah. How dare you.
Philo Beddoe wrote:If you don't like my opinion then that's your problem.
Just telling you my opinion on the matter, I'm not disgruntled over it.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

FCM415 wrote:How many standard S30v PM2's do you need to buy at one time? Need ten as stocking stuffers? Gonna have to wait till production catches up...
FCM415 wrote: So what are you gonna do, not shop at KW either? Where does that leave you to shop, Amazon?

FCM415 wrote:Ok got it. I'll take more people hopefully catching the Para2 at a great price than one disgruntled person because of it who wasn't buying even just one anyway.
as·sume - Suppose to be the case, without proof.

You sounded like were doing a lot of assuming. If it was the wrong word my apologies to you.
FCM415 wrote:Yeah. How dare you.
Yeah. How dare me.
FCM415 wrote:Just telling you my opinion on the matter, I'm not disgruntled over it.
Just telling you my opinion on the matter, and I'm not assuming you were.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Remember when you acted like people weren't entitled to their own opinions regarding flippers that dont mirror yours and proceeded to share your baby pics and told us to "deal with it"?
Well, limit of one on standad production PM2's that are in high demand from reputable dealers. Deal with it.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

I would recommend that if the two of you wish to continue this it would be best to do so via PM and not continue what is a very OFF TOPIC (from the OP) discussion publicly. It serves no purpose. Let it go.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
kangshu

Post by kangshu »

http://www.nationalknives.com, Paramilitary 2 Black & Satin out of stock.
elite430

Post by elite430 »

FYI http://www.nationalknives.com has paramilitary 2 in stock as of right now for probably the best price i've seen
JayTea

Post by JayTea »

Good information. I purchased mine this week from http://www.bladeops.com and it was $15 more. But, been searching for two months to even find it!
Just received it today. I am going to call them tomorrow. It seems the blade release is very tight. Knife will not flip open or flip close like I see in many YouTube videos. In fact, my thumb is getting sore from opening it.
I don't think it should be so stiff.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Pake

Post by Pake »

JayTea wrote:Good information. I purchased mine this week from http://www.bladeops.com and it was $15 more. But, been searching for two months to even find it!
Just received it today. I am going to call them tomorrow. It seems the blade release is very tight. Knife will not flip open or flip close like I see in many YouTube videos. In fact, my thumb is getting sore from opening it.
I don't think it should be so stiff.
Any comments would be appreciated.
My para 2 was exactly the same way. I just kept opening and closing to "break in" the knife. After a couple of days, I decided to add some nano oil. At first, the action was more stiff, but i let it sit for a day and it loosened up like the knives in the you tube videos. Not once did I take he knife apart or adjust the pivot.

For what it's worth, I bought a new brown para 2 in sept/oct with the same stiff action. I have yet to play with it or apply any oil.
JayTea

Post by JayTea »

Thanks. I purchase the nano oil and am waiting for it to arrive. On another thread it was mentioned that I might try to loosen the pivot screw a little by purchasing the right tool. Basically, with what I've been reading about the fakes around, that just maybe I got one. But I've also read that my seller, blade ops. Com was a reputable dealer. Now, I'm happy and my mind is at ease. Spending $130 for this Christmas gift for myself was difficult. But, I really love this knife!
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

Cs is showing in stock at moment camo/satin
~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~ Tenacious green ps ~~~~ Drangonfly Sb ~~~~