Your Knife Storage

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
arjay18

Post by arjay18 »

What boxes? I have a habit of throwing out the boxes of my users. Why?
Stugots-II

Post by Stugots-II »

Here is the shelf unit I made which I wrapped in felt. I have some more knives on it but this is the only picture I have right now.
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

arjay18 wrote: I have a habit of throwing out the boxes of my users.
I used to save the boxes, but I felt pretty silly about saving them for user knives. Just a few months ago I finally decided to throw them all out.
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

arjay18 wrote:What boxes? I have a habit of throwing out the boxes of my users. Why?
Can I have the boxes of your users?
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

arjay18 wrote:Thanks for the photo, I think your's have similar dimensions to the 1600. Did you put in some foam to make sure the top of the knives are sticking out? just curious.
This case is 2 layers of pick-n-pluck with a smooth bottom layer and the eggcrate top. I carefully removed the top foam to define my areas, then pressed the knife into the bottom layer and broke away only what was needed to support the knife along it's length. If I went too far, I placed some of the extra foam into the bottom. Chuck's post made me remember to remind you, if you are keeping your boxes, you can save the extra removed foam in the Spydie boxes.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

I use two large spyderpacs and one small one for the collection. EDC lives on the dresser. My civi and tuff live in a locked cabinet.
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I keep my collection in several different storage locations.

1. I've got a couple of small SpyderPaks that hold my Para2 collection and my assorted "classic" Spydies that don't get much carry time any more.

2. I bought an oak display cabinet for my Mules which hangs in the living room. I posted some photos of this earlier - but I'll try to get some updated shots this weekend - it has been rearranged a lot since then...

3. For the rest of my "loose" Spydies - they sit in a caddy at my desk, some in Spyderco pouches, some loose. I recently re-purposed a old Zero Halliburton case (used to store a medium format camera), replaced the foam, and will start using it to store my main user Spydies - similar to what Jon does with his Pelican case.

TedP