Your Knife Storage

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

I have most of my knives lying on my night table. One day I will get a box, but I need more :spyder: 's first.
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

I keep them all in 4 large Spydiepacks, easy for quick access and storage. Not always easy to find them back when I didn't arrange them properly. Some doubles are in their boxes on my boxes shelf :)
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
Invective

Post by Invective »

I keep most of my nicer ones on my bookshelf next to my bed.

http://imgur.com/ga56J

The top shelf are my Japanese knives (an Izumi Ichiago Damascus folder and Higonokami that I picked up for Christmas with an Amazon gift card), G-10 Jester and Ladybug ZDP (one of these goes in my left front pocket everyday, just picked up the Ladybug with more Amazon gift cards for more variety in my LFP) CTS B75P Mule with custom Carbon Fiber scales by a Don Smith, bladeforum member (pm me if you want his information, he is an amazing CF worker and overall an good guy to do business with ./end shameless plug) and my Gen4 FFG Endura, which I do not have a box for.

The second shelf houses the last 3 books of one of my favorite graphic novels, which are very informative as to Japanese feudal area swords and knives, so I thought them to be relevant for the shelf :P Then my Clipit's with boxes collection starts, although if I get one more I will no longer have room for them. Luckily, I a not purchasing knives for a while as I have a much more important investment I need to start saving up for :D

Bottom shelf houses my Sharpmaker and diamond rods (also an amazon gift card purchase, my relatives were quite generous for Christmas hehe) a small whetstone my parents gave me for my last birthday, and my nicer pens which were graduation gifts.

Not pictured on the shelves are my Opinels which get used more than most so they sit atop the shelf, and an Izula that resides on my desk. The desk also is an Ikea desk, $20 in the damaged items area which was a nice find.

Overall this setup works well for me, although once I start expanding my collection I will need to get a new one but for npw its great.
Reject

Post by Reject »

Just a basic steel locker for me.

How much can a Koala bear?
JudasD

Post by JudasD »

Reject wrote:Just a basic steel locker for me.

Ok, drool. nothing to see here LOL
Holland

Post by Holland »

wow! nice accumulation
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
arjay18

Post by arjay18 »

I wonder how much money you have invested there. :cool:
jon1all

Post by jon1all »

You can't possibly be married! :) LOL!!!
Apparently, arachnophobia is not a condition from which I suffer.... :spyder:
------
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." (oops!)
--Thomas Jefferson
PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG >>>1all's Pub<<<
acer

Post by acer »

Collection kept in original presentation as possible, in plastic sleeves [when supplied], in original boxes, all paperwork, invoices etc in seperate punched pocket/ folder all kept in shotgun cabinate, bolted to the wall , under lock and key. Works for me .
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

jon1all wrote:You can't possibly be married! :) LOL!!!
Maybe he found the perfect girl and half of those are hers!
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
djinnzfree

Post by djinnzfree »

Holy _hit! Just a steel locker...
Wow Ali Baba could be jalous!
;)
I ♥ blade, kite, motorcycle and _ _ X!
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

I picked up this Gerstner knock-off some time back for about 1/2 the listed price. They discount it once a month or so. I'd love to have a Gerstner, but it works well enough.

I also have a few other metal Machinists chests, but my lovely wife preferred not to have those in the house as "furniture".

http://www.harborfreight.com/eight-draw ... 94538.html

Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
Caly E

Post by Caly E »

duh :D :spyder:
SlideTechnik

Post by SlideTechnik »

Most of mine are in their boxes in a drawer in the closet. However, I also leave a few of my users out on the table. My place is dry and have never had a problem.
arjay18

Post by arjay18 »

Anyone with a 1500 pelican case? I wanted to pick one up but isn't too sure if it would fit large knives like the millie.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

arjay18 wrote:Anyone with a 1500 pelican case? I wanted to pick one up but isn't too sure if it would fit large knives like the millie.
I would say it's gonna be close. See the post below from jon1all showing his 1300 case (shown with para 2s standing). It is the same interior depth as the 1500. By the numbers that leaves you 5/16" top & bottom (foam compression area) on each end of the Millie.
jon1all wrote:Just recently upgraded my knife storage to a Pelican 1300 Case (totally dig it!).

As you can see I do not have a monster collection, like many do, but it actually holds more than it looks like it should... as seen here (and I still have room for several more knives as time goes by).
I purchased a deeper version to ensure I could fit the Military.

If you buy Pelican, maybe look at the 1520
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
arjay18

Post by arjay18 »

Thanks for the suggestion, the 1520 looks like the best size for me. There is just enough clearance to fit it under my bed.

What model do you have? Mind sharing a photo on how you orient your knives?
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Like I said before, I purchased the Seahorse SE-920 because I found a smoking deal. The interior is very similar to the 1520.

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
arjay18

Post by arjay18 »

Thanks for the photo, I think your's have similar dimensions to the 1600. Did you put in some foam to make sure the top of the knives are sticking out? just curious.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

arjay18 wrote:Thanks for the photo, I think your's have similar dimensions to the 1600. Did you put in some foam to make sure the top of the knives are sticking out? just curious.
Hey arj, if you're getting a pelican, are you going to be throwing away your boxes?