Paramilitary 2 w/ Blue G-10 and M390 – Back in Stock

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BrianRiddle

Post by BrianRiddle »

Darn i want one but they wont ship to canada! :confused: anybody want to make a friend in the great white north?? :) what do you say? anybody willing to help me get my hands on one?
ChaoticMayhem65

Post by ChaoticMayhem65 »

I cant wait! I ordered one of these badboys today to add to the collection. Hope bentobox is fast with shipping cause waiting for a new PM2 to come in the mail is brutal. Now if i could only find the regular PM2 with black G-10 and black DLC blade. I think that one might be harder to find than the sprints.
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

Add in shipping and insurance and the total comes in at $200, too much if you ask me.

I have one from the first run and it cost exactly $189.70 to be delivered.
Why does bbs charge so much when KWs Green 204p exclusive will be at my door for $147.90 (with a MSRP of $189.95) :confused:
ChaoticMayhem65

MachSchnell wrote:Add in shipping and insurance and the total comes in at $200, too much if you ask me.

I have one from the first run and it cost exactly $189.70 to be delivered.
Why does bbs charge so much when KWs Green 204p exclusive will be at my door for $147.90 (with a MSRP of $189.95) :confused:
Actually mine came to $214.15 with tax and shipping. No insurance. Should i have got insurance?
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

ChaoticMayhem65 wrote:Actually mine came to $214.15 with tax and shipping. No insurance. Should i have got insurance?
Phew... paying instate taxes for online purchases really stinks. It's the main reason I've never purchased anything from KC; I'd like to support a local business, but with a little higher than average initial cost, plus in state tax, and add in shipping fees and I either end up going elsewhere, or abandon the purchase altogether.

I thought bbs' insurance was mandatory? I don't remember specifically adding it when I bought the M390 Para, but I certainly paid $2.90 for insurance as per my transaction receipt.
ChaoticMayhem65

MachSchnell wrote:Phew... paying instate taxes for online purchases really stinks. It's the main reason I've never purchased anything from KC; I'd like to support a local business, but with a little higher than average initial cost, plus in state tax, and add in shipping fees and I either end up going elsewhere, or abandon the purchase altogether.

I thought bbs' insurance was mandatory? I don't remember specifically adding it when I bought the M390 Para, but I certainly paid $2.90 for insurance as per my transaction receipt.
Not sure what the policy used to be but it does state that its optional and there's definitely no insurance charge on my paypal reciept.
Speaking of sales tax, does anyone know where BBS is located? I know i live in california and was charged sales tax. I have made many purchases from sellers in other states before and not been charged sales tax.
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

It says if you are in Cali, they will charge 9% sales tax. I think they are in SoCal. Unfortunately BBS are the only retailers that carry the M390 Para in smuff blue G10.
Stony

Post by Stony »

Arcadia, California I believe.
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

Sales Tax on the internet takes the fun out of online purchases. 9% is ridiculous. WTF!?
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

FroOchie wrote:Sales Tax on the internet takes the fun out of online purchases. 9% is ridiculous. WTF!?
For in-state sales, they have no choice.
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

Creative people have plenty of choices... it's just those choices are frowned upon by the higher ups
. ;)
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
Brisket

Post by Brisket »

Mine was $199.95 with shipping (Texas) and insurance. The insurance is optional and you have to add it to your cart from the main page. Yeah it is too much but it is a sellers market for PM2's right now, especially limited runs, and they know it and are taking advantage of it. I won't be exactly eager to give them repeat business down the road because of it, but it's either them or the secondary market for a premium PM2 since the CTS-204P version is still not available. I just snagged a good deal on a PM2 CTS-XHP and got a S35VN dirt cheap a few months back, so I'm trying to rationalize my purchase through cost averaging. I wish Spyderco would just offer a premium version option(s) of the PM2 to all dealers as they don't benefit from a single dealer jacking up prices or flippers in the secondary market.
Recent :spyder: Additions: Stretch CF ZDP, Caly 3 Super Blue, Gayle Bradley, PM2 M390, PM2 CTS-XHP, Cat CF, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, MT17, Native 5 S110V
In the Crosshairs: Stretch Super Blue, Manix 2 S90V
ChaoticMayhem65

Stony wrote:Arcadia, California I believe.
Awesome! Hopfully this reduces shipping time for me. :D
FroOchie wrote:Sales Tax on the internet takes the fun out of online purchases. 9% is ridiculous. WTF!?
Yea it sucks but I've lived in California all my life so i don't even blink an eye at it any more cause im so used to it.
Brisket wrote:Mine was $199.95 with shipping (Texas) and insurance. The insurance is optional and you have to add it to your cart from the main page. Yeah it is too much but it is a sellers market for PM2's right now, especially limited runs, and they know it and are taking advantage of it. I won't be exactly eager to give them repeat business down the road because of it, but it's either them or the secondary market for a premium PM2 since the CTS-204P version is still not available. I just snagged a good deal on a PM2 CTS-XHP and got a S35VN dirt cheap a few months back, so I'm trying to rationalize my purchase through cost averaging. I wish Spyderco would just offer a premium version option(s) of the PM2 to all dealers as they don't benefit from a single dealer jacking up prices or flippers in the secondary market.
Wow $199.95 shipped with insurance :eek: . Was there no sales tax?
Brisket

Post by Brisket »

No sales tax. My paypal receipt shows $189.95 + $2.90 insurance + $7.10 USPS shipping.
Recent :spyder: Additions: Stretch CF ZDP, Caly 3 Super Blue, Gayle Bradley, PM2 M390, PM2 CTS-XHP, Cat CF, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, MT17, Native 5 S110V
In the Crosshairs: Stretch Super Blue, Manix 2 S90V
Vlad001

Post by Vlad001 »

Thanks, here I learn a lot of new about knifes.
vinito

Post by vinito »

Just got mine.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

ChaoticMayhem65 wrote:Wow $199.95 shipped with insurance :eek: . Was there no sales tax?
Not for TX. :)
ChaoticMayhem65

vinito wrote:Image

Just got mine.
Wow that quick? When did you order and how long did it take BBS to ship?
Holland

Post by Holland »

vinito wrote: Just got mine.
congrats, nice looking set you got there
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
vinito

Post by vinito »

ChaoticMayhem65 wrote:Wow that quick? When did you order and how long did it take BBS to ship?
I preordered it and had them hold it for a couple weeks an I also live outside of the US.