Paramilitary 2 Sprint runs

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ChaoticMayhem65

Paramilitary 2 Sprint runs

Post by ChaoticMayhem65 »

So i just jumped on the Paramilitary 2 bandwagon and i love em! I already own both versions of the digi-camo G-10's and would love to own them all. But unfortunately the other two regular black G-10 versions are practically extinct and im too late for all the previously released sprint runs.

Are there any plans for any new sprint runs in the PM2's?
Kohbanang

Post by Kohbanang »

I am in hope that a M4,K390,S110V or a Damascus came out :-)
Grooved Scales ?
jon1all

Post by jon1all »

There's nothing in the 2013 catalog about specific Para2 Sprints... however, I am betting there will be some. As for the regular black scaled (both satin and DLC) they will are returning for regular production in 2013... just keep your eye out over the next few months and you'll get 'em... fear not. :) If you want some of the older Sprints I am afraid the secondary market is your only option. But like I said... I'd bet there will be more Sprint and/or Dealer Exclusives coming out over over the next few years. The Para2 is a MONSTER hit for Spyderco... it's kind of their image knife like the Corvette is Chevy's image car. It's what draws many to the Spyderco brand. Once you buy a Para2 you start looking at other Spydies as well (ask me how I know! :D ).
Apparently, arachnophobia is not a condition from which I suffer.... :spyder:
------
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." (oops!)
--Thomas Jefferson
PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG >>>1all's Pub<<<
Donut

Post by Donut »

Bento Box Shop just got their second run of Blue/M390 Para 2's in.

In my opinion, that is one of the best Para 2 sprints. It is my most used one.

Maybe pick up two. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Holland

Post by Holland »

para2 sprints and exclusives are very easy sales for spyderco, so i would put money on more to come. hoping for k390/k294, or m4
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
ChaoticMayhem65

Donut wrote:Bento Box Shop just got their second run of Blue/M390 Para 2's in.

In my opinion, that is one of the best Para 2 sprints. It is my most used one.

Maybe pick up two. :)
Really? I don't see an option to buy. It just states all preorders have been shipped.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Holland wrote:para2 sprints and exclusives are very easy sales for spyderco, so i would put money on more to come. hoping for k390/k294, or m4
On the contrary, when Spyderco can't even keep up with demand for ordinary stock items, sprints and exclusives disrupt production and almost certainly return lower margins for Spyderco. That may be why we're seeing fewer exclusives right now.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

I would love love love to see Para 2 with a DLC coated M4 blade with desert tan or foliage green G10. That would be an amazing knife.
Holland

Post by Holland »

senorsquare wrote:I would love love love to see Para 2 with a DLC coated M4 blade with desert tan or foliage green G10. That would be an amazing knife.
with desert tan, that indeed would be amazing
-Spencer

Rotation:
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

senorsquare wrote:I would love love love to see Para 2 with a DLC coated M4 blade with desert tan or foliage green G10. That would be an amazing knife.
I usually scoff at the "[x steel] with [x handle color/material] on [x model] would be the best knife ever, would carry it every day until the next best knife ever" comments (they are endless, we all love spyderco, we would all love all the combinations), but let's take this in a new direction. "[x steel] with [x handle color/material] for [x situation]."

M4 DLC with desert tan handles would probably be a good seller, and I don't believe there's been an M4 P2 yet. However I would substitute a stainless super steel such as M390, which would be a bit more worry-free for combat and survival situations.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Tally-ho

Post by Tally-ho »

I would love to see...
the Para2 production series back in stock in most online sellers website, prior to any sprint runs or dealer exclusive versions.

How many people (internationally !) are regulary disappointed to not find one of the Para2 catalog version ? What is the point to manufacture "exotic" versions for a few when the catalog versions for the mass are perpetually back ordered / sold out pretty everywhere ?

Tired to wait for a production Para2 model, production fluted Ti models, etc. And I guess that I am not the only one.
That is the reason why I purchased 2 Benchmade in M390 steel and another one in D2. Their production knives listed in their catalog are available to purchase in many places, anytime.

I am also a bit tired by all those threads asking for sprint runs of several models when Golden facilities can't even fulfill the demand for production models. I am to the point to think that there is no better way to lead Spyderco to shoot itself a bullet in the foot.
Maybe it is time for Golden to focus only on sprint runs and dealers exclusive knives, and let Taiwan manufactures all production models traditionally manufactured in Golden.
| C10PGRE + C10FPK390 Endura 4 | C28GPFG Dragonfly | C36TIP Military | C41GP5 Native 5 | C54GPBN Calypso | C65CFP Lum Chinese | C81GPDBL2 PM2 | C90GFPD Strectch | C94TIP UK Penknife | C101PGY2 + C101PBORE2 Manix 2 | C113GPGY Caly 3 | C123TIP Sage 2 | C126GPFG Rock Lobster | C135GP Perrin PPT | C144CFPE Caly 3.5 | C163PBK Pingo | C164GPBN Nilakka || MT16P MT17P MT18P Mule Team |
ChaoticMayhem65

I dont think spyderco would ever allow their production line PM2's to be built anywhere else but in the USA. I think they take pride in one of their most popular knives being built right here.
And i think the production models are slowly on their way back. I know a couple dealers who currently have a few of the production models back in stock. And if anyone is looking for one, shoot me a PM and id be glad to pass the info along.
Donut

Post by Donut »

ChaoticMayhem65 wrote:Really? I don't see an option to buy. It just states all preorders have been shipped.
I think Spyderco ships them out in batches. I remember when EDC Forums did an exclusive run, the first shipment from Spyderco was 200 knives in two (probably pretty large) boxes via UPS.

I'd be surprised if Bento has sold 200 already, so maybe they got 20 or 50 or 100. Just keep an eye on their website and I'm sure you can get your hands on one or two.

It would also be a good idea to email them. Bento has been excellent at responding to my emails and communicating with me in the past.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
ChaoticMayhem65

You know what i think we need in this forum? I think we need a sticky up top of all PM2 sprint runs new and old. And especially updates on when new ones or dealer exclusives become available for preorders again.
c11642

Post by c11642 »

My distributors get pm2's trickling in from time to time. I usually can't snatch them quick enough. Be patient. They'll be out there soon hopefully. :)
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

kennethsime wrote:I usually scoff at the "[x steel] with [x handle color/material] on [x model] would be the best knife ever, would carry it every day until the next best knife ever" comments (they are endless, we all love spyderco, we would all love all the combinations), but let's take this in a new direction. "[x steel] with [x handle color/material] for [x situation]."

M4 DLC with desert tan handles would probably be a good seller, and I don't believe there's been an M4 P2 yet. However I would substitute a stainless super steel such as M390, which would be a bit more worry-free for combat and survival situations.
Good point, but how many people who would buy an M4 P2 would ever be in a situation where the knife saves their life?
Holland

Post by Holland »

Pockets wrote:Good point, but how many people who would buy an M4 P2 would ever be in a situation where the knife saves their life?
and if they were using it in a life or death situation, would they care if it developed a couple rust spots? :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Fair points, to the both of you. ;)
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Holland wrote:and if they were using it in a life or death situation, would they care if it developed a couple rust spots? :D
and what if the CPM-M4 with rust spots kept it's tip in tact after stabbing a dozen more killer robot sternums than the M390 (weaker) steel? :)
Henry - get both

Post by Henry - get both »

I want to give those bad guys tetanus!

A DLC CPM-M4 para2 in tan would be a hit. I cant stop thinking about it!