Paramilitary 2 shortage?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dade

Paramilitary 2 shortage?

Post by Dade »

Being new at Spyderco forum, I wish Marry Christmas and a happy New Year to all "older members"!
I have a simple question-is there a shortage in Paramilitary 2 supply?
I have ordered The All black and Digicamo-black blade, several months ago, and there is "OUT OF STOCK" sign on Spyderco sight all that time. :mad:
paychekk

Post by paychekk »

Dade wrote:Being new at Spyderco forum, I wish Marry Christmas and a happy New Year to all "older members"!
I have a simple question-is there a shortage in Paramilitary 2 supply?
I have ordered The All black and Digicamo-black blade, several months ago, and there is "OUT OF STOCK" sign on Spyderco sight all that time. :mad:
I know exactly what you are talking about, I want one real bad also. I have checked all of the knive shops online and everyone is out. There are a few on the famous auction site, but they want more money. If I find some I will let you know. I just started this link yesterday on the availability of the para military 2's.
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... ailability
Dr Hairy

Post by Dr Hairy »

I wanted one really badly, trying to get one from a decent supplier for about four months as my Xmas gift to me but got screwed twice by a internet dealer who claimed to have stock of S35V paras but couldn't come through so I ended up spending the money on the family's Xmas instead. I know Amazon had stock but I couldn't use them as they won't sell knives in Blighty. Fascination has worn off now and I'd guess I've saved myself about $150...well, that was until I bought a Mule...
kbrouwer

Post by kbrouwer »

Merry Christmas. Welcome to the forum. I want a Paramilitary 2 really badly as well. Yes, these knives are extremely popular. Spyderco simply can't keep up with the constant demand.
:spyder: :spyder: Kirk Brouwer :spyder: :spyder:
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Yeah, this has been going on so long I'm starting to wonder if there is more to the story than high demand. Perhaps there was trouble at the mill and the one arm flay rod has gone out askew on treadle.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
DedRok

Post by DedRok »

The Paramilitarys is quite in demand. Lets hope the prices don't increase too dramatically.
Spyderco please make a wire clip version of the Manbug/Ladybug!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Which configuration? You can get one on eBay between $140 (black) and the Brown S35 sprint for $160.

These are always borderline out of stock. They usually price $97-105 and sell like crazy. I would personally be tempted to get a Superleaf discontinued for $96.
tonyricciardi

Post by tonyricciardi »

I don't see it in stock in any online retailers. I've been looking for about 6 weeks now.

:spyder:
Vesuvius • Gayle Bradley • Superleaf • Tuff • Volpe • Schempp Rock • Rescue • Navaja • Endura Damascus • Spyderco S • Bug • Military • Native Root Beer inlay • Techno • Para 2 • Manix Blue • Tenacious • Centofante III • Centofante Memory • Dragonfly • Delica • Native • Chaparral • Chicago • Terzuola • Captain • Zulu • Lum Large • Vallatton • Breeden Rescue • Jester

:spyder:
BuffaloBill

Post by BuffaloBill »

i was hoping to get black handle satin blade for christmas but i know they have been out of stock for quite some time now. I'm patient enough to wait for them to get back in stock on my preferred sites for the prices i like (i dont want to pay 150 if i can wait for a while and pick it up at just under 100) but its tough.

I am lucky enough to be an owner of the orange sprint run para2. but would like a black handled one (only have 1 other black handled g10 knife and that was a ukpk i got at a steal being one of the last ones that i found around) the waiting does kinda stink especially with no sort of timeline as to when they may have a at least SOME stock of them at some sites...but i'll just have to wait it out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Click (needs updating)
Fancier

Post by Fancier »

The model is not discontinued. Place an order and get in line, and your distributor will let you know when they get more in stock.
A really popular production model like this gives you a small feel for what ordering from a popular custom maker is like.
Be grateful that Spyderco isn't following the rule of supply and demand like most custom makers do.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Fancier wrote:The model is not discontinued. Place an order and get in line, and your distributor will let you know when they get more in stock.
A really popular production model like this gives you a small feel for what ordering from a popular custom maker is like.
Be grateful that Spyderco isn't following the rule of supply and demand like most custom makers do.
well said
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

There were a ton on Amazon like two weeks ago, maybe three. This is the only time in a long while they are hard to find at a normal price. Makes sense given the holidays.
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

The Blue is in full stock. Why not buy the best one? :)
ChaoticMayhem65

Post by ChaoticMayhem65 »

paychekk wrote:I know exactly what you are talking about, I want one real bad also. I have checked all of the knive shops online and everyone is out. There are a few on the famous auction site, but they want more money. If I find some I will let you know. I just started this link yesterday on the availability of the para military 2's.
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... ailability
I just ordered and received a Digi-Camo black blade PM2 yesterday at AGRussell. They said they have a few in stock. And at a great price too.

http://www.agrussell.com/spyderco-para- ... PC81GPDC2/

I know it doesnt say Paramilitary 2 and the model number doesnt match up but trust me its a PM2.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Not too bad. I know I will have to get one of these when I have a little more $$$
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
ChaoticMayhem65

I don't know how they still have em in stock when everyone else is sold out. I wouldn't wait too long.
ChaoticMayhem65

jtoler_9 wrote:The Blue is in full stock. Why not buy the best one? :)
So where are these in full stock? Are you speaking of the M390? If so i want one if i can get it at a reasonable price. Links??
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

ChaoticMayhem65 wrote:So where are these in full stock? Are you speaking of the M390? If so i want one if i can get it at a reasonable price. Links??
Bentobox shop or something like that. It is a dealer exclusive so either from them or on the secondary market.

Since you are new. Let me say hallo, welcome.

Now, some advice. You can use the search button in the right upperish corner of the forums. You would be amased how much research on a topic one can do. I wish I knew that earlier in my knife journey.
"If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
"the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/
ChaoticMayhem65

Zenith wrote:Bentobox shop or something like that. It is a dealer exclusive so either from them or on the secondary market.

Since you are new. Let me say hallo, welcome.

Now, some advice. You can use the search button in the right upperish corner of the forums. You would be amased how much research on a topic one can do. I wish I knew that earlier in my knife journey.
Cool. Thanks man, and hello to all!!
jon1all

Post by jon1all »

Hi and welcome to the forum... yes, the Para2 is tough knife to find at any given moment in time. Spyderco sells every one they build it seems. Just prior to Thanksgiving they came back onto the market (presumably for the Christmas season) but sold out within a few weeks all but everywhere. I do know of one place that claims to have some though (per their website). Since "deal spotting" is frowned up I must resist posting here... but if you want to PM me I'd be happy to pass along the info. Good luck... it's an awesome knife, well worth the effort of hunting down (and heck, the "hunt" is half the fun sometimes! :D ).
Apparently, arachnophobia is not a condition from which I suffer.... :spyder:
------
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." (oops!)
--Thomas Jefferson
PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG >>>1all's Pub<<<