Paramilitary 2 Availability...??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
IceCold

Post by IceCold »

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/SP81GP ... mo-Handles

heres a Link guys probably the only site I would trust. They bought 2 from them last year have 2 more on Pre-order And I maned to get this from Amazon. for the price a PM 2 I had order but they never fullfilled http://www.amazon.com/Tolerance-Militar ... w+military probably one of teh best knives in existence today not bad for $116.

On the Paramilitary 2, I have since given up looking and waiting. Decided to purchase a 9mm Springfield XDM 9mm in OD green. its seems like I only like hard to find items.
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

rodloos wrote:There are still a few brown S35VN PM2'S available at KnivesShipFree.

Spyderco is making lots of them, but they are a very nice knife for the money, hence the demand outstripping the supply.
Just ordered a brown one from Knives Ship Free. I've been looking for a brown Para for awhile. Never heard of these guys before. Hopefully they are legit.
Current Spydies....
Captain
Persian
Chinook 3
Manix 2
Stretch (Black CE and Blue ZDP)
Military (orange, brown, and CF)
Para Military 1 (black) (My EDC)
Para Military 2 (grey, orange, brown, blue, green)
Khukuri
Sage 1, 2, 3, & 4
Dodo
Chokwe
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3.5 Super Blue
UKPK
Urban (Wharncliffe and Leaf)
Progrip
Endura (white, orange, and G10)
Delica x6
Dragonfly x2
Ladybug x4
Perrin Street Bowie
Super Leaf

CaptainTim

Post by CaptainTim »

Best option is to get on a backordered waiting list with a trusted dealer. I had to wait almost 2 months, but I got mine.
TUF

Post by TUF »

Chopping Broccoli wrote:Just ordered a brown one from Knives Ship Free. I've been looking for a brown Para for awhile. Never heard of these guys before. Hopefully they are legit.
Great bunch of guys, I'll be surprised if it is your last order from Knives Ship Free.
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

TUF wrote:Great bunch of guys, I'll be surprised if it is your last order from Knives Ship Free.

Good to know. Looking forward to this delivery.
Current Spydies....
Captain
Persian
Chinook 3
Manix 2
Stretch (Black CE and Blue ZDP)
Military (orange, brown, and CF)
Para Military 1 (black) (My EDC)
Para Military 2 (grey, orange, brown, blue, green)
Khukuri
Sage 1, 2, 3, & 4
Dodo
Chokwe
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3.5 Super Blue
UKPK
Urban (Wharncliffe and Leaf)
Progrip
Endura (white, orange, and G10)
Delica x6
Dragonfly x2
Ladybug x4
Perrin Street Bowie
Super Leaf

-F1

Post by -F1 »

I recently encountered the same problem. I already had a couple dealer exclusive PM2s, but no "standard" PM2. I wanted one, but of course, they were nowhere to be had.

So, I went to CutleryShoppe.com, and found the PM2 I wanted on that site. The page said they were backordered. I smiled and copied the page's URL.

* Actually, I can't remember if I smiled. I probably cursed, but saying I smiled sounds cooler.

Anyway, I then Googled a web site change detection service, and entered the PM2 page from CutleryShoppe.com URL there. I set up the web page checker so it would check the aforementioned PM2 page daily, and email me if it changed.

Days went by...

Then, I got an email, and it noted a change. The PM2 page said that a limited supply would be in. Of course, I ordered. I know I smiled at this point. A few days later, my lovely black PM2 was in my hands.

Sorry, I can't remember which web site change detection service I used. There are a bunch of them, and some of them suck.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

That's a great idea to use a web site change detection service :) .

As far as reliability of Knives Ship Free, I have ordered from them quite a few times and been happy. They don't tend to have the lowest prices on Spydercos, but consequently they still have stock of some older models :) and I have bought some blades by Dan Koster and Blind Horse Knives from them, and I like their leather pocket-sheaths they have for small fixed-blades.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
BobmG8

Post by BobmG8 »

Does anyone know how I can get my hands on a C81GCMOBK2? This is one hard knife to find.
[ATTACH]22583[/ATTACH]
Attachments
SPM2 CAMO-BLACK.JPG
Para-Military2 C81G2, Ladybug3 LSS3
endgame

Post by endgame »

its out there
BobmG8

Post by BobmG8 »

endgame wrote:its out there
So are aliens but try finding one.
ljg

Post by ljg »

Warriors and Wonders are getting a bunch in on Friday
BobmG8

Post by BobmG8 »

ljg wrote:Warriors and Wonders are getting a bunch in on Friday
I just tried to pre-order, it's not that easy to purchase from Canada. I will search for a US supplier. Thanks for the heads up.
MattBPKT

Post by MattBPKT »

Amazon had them in stock only a couple weeks back. Now I see they're saying 1-2 months shipping time!
Keep your eye on it as they come back in stock sporadically.
Knife Informer...stay sharp, stay informed.
tomd1107

Post by tomd1107 »

If you want one at retail price you have to get on ALL the major on-line knife dealers e-mails lists on top of checking their sites diligently EVERY DAY, also "like" Cutlery Shoppe on Facebook because they announce when they are putting a batch up for sale there before they drop them on the site. But if you need one RIGHT NOW your best bet the exchange on Blade Forums. The secondary market prices have seem to come down a little in the past month or so...
zinczinc

Post by zinczinc »

Same here, I backorder at knivesplus one and a half week ago still no response yet=[
BobmG8

Post by BobmG8 »

MattBPKT wrote:Amazon had them in stock only a couple weeks back. Now I see they're saying 1-2 months shipping time!
Keep your eye on it as they come back in stock sporadically.
I checked Amazon yesterday with the same results. I did pre-order one with Oso Grande Knife & Tool Company yesterday. I will search more today. I really appreciate the information.
BobmG8

Post by BobmG8 »

tomd1107 wrote:If you want one at retail price you have to get on ALL the major on-line knife dealers e-mails lists on top of checking their sites diligently EVERY DAY, also "like" Cutlery Shoppe on Facebook because they announce when they are putting a batch up for sale there before they drop them on the site. But if you need one RIGHT NOW your best bet the exchange on Blade Forums. The secondary market prices have seem to come down a little in the past month or so...
I don't facial-book so that's out, never understood why people would put their whole life out there for everyone to see. I will create a list of links for knife sources to track everyday. Great idea. Thanks.
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

BobmG8 wrote:Does anyone know how I can get my hands on a C81GCMOBK2? This is one hard knife to find.
[ATTACH]22583[/ATTACH]
I just bought one of those this past spring, so they are out there if you keep your eyes open... in all honesty, I didn't like the look of the handles in person so I did a scale swap and sold the camo ones.

BobmG8

Post by BobmG8 »

I like the look of the Camo scales. It must be my Army Military Police background or something like that.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

KnifeCenter has them, I believe.