Paramilitary 2 Availability...??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
paychekk

Paramilitary 2 Availability...??

Post by paychekk »

I have looked all over the net and have not found a paramilitary 2 anywhere. Why is this knife so hard to get. Why is spyderco not meeting the demand for this knife. When will it be available to order. Its a bummer that I can't find one anywhere.
Mikey
Holland

Post by Holland »

There is no supply because the knife has to much demand. Shortages are created when demand is greater then supply. The paramilitary is made in the golden plant, and its not the only knife being manufactured in the plant )Golden also manufactures the manix, the military, the native and the mule teams to name a few) and we have been informed that the plant is operating at full capacity.

Just got to be patient. Welcome to the forums
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
paychekk

Post by paychekk »

Thanks for the welcome. If anyone see's one available online let me know on this thread and I will go running to order one.
Mikey
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

The Para 2 has been in short supply pretty much since its introduction. Extremely high demand, along with limited production capacity.
:bug-red-white
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

Nevermind, they're gone.
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
paychekk

Post by paychekk »

FroOchie, thanks for looking.
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

I just sold mine not too long ago...great knife, just never really got carried or used...
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Knivesplus does not say they are back-ordered, to my knowledge, so I think they have some.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

I scanned the 5 other online sites that I frequent and all were out of stock, however they are available on the big online auction place, you will just have to pay a little more. There might be a few smaller dealers that have the brown model in stock. Since the plain models are in such demand the price difference between the plain models and the brown model is less.
thurin

Post by thurin »

Pockets wrote:Knivesplus does not say they are back-ordered, to my knowledge, so I think they have some.
I actually emailed them last night to check availability since they didn't show as out of stock. They are backordered unfortunately.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

There are still a few brown S35VN PM2'S available at KnivesShipFree.

Spyderco is making lots of them, but they are a very nice knife for the money, hence the demand outstripping the supply.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
paychekk

Post by paychekk »

http://www.agrussell.com/spyderco-para- ... PC81GPDC2/

I know it doesnt say Paramilitary 2 and the model number doesnt match up but trust me its a PM2.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this post! I just ordered the Digi Camo Para 2 with the black blade. This is the exact para 2 that I wanted! Thanks again!
Mikey
grandepatron

Post by grandepatron »

This is my first post on the forums.
Now, I too am on the hunt for two SPYDERCO PARA-MILITARY2 DIGICAM BLACK BLADE G-10 ~ C81GCMOBK2
AG Russell is now out. I want one and one is for my dad for his birthday. We have been giving each other knives for gifts for years and I would really like this awesome US made knife in this pocket. It would be his first spydie but not mine.
ChaoticMayhem65

Post by ChaoticMayhem65 »

Good luck to anyone hunting for any style right now i have searched for myself and two other friends for a couple days now and nothing. Seems the only option right now is to pay a higher premium on ebay. They do have a few but like i said your gonna pay more. Personally i think if you can find one for $140 or less snag it up!
Revival

Post by Revival »

grandepatron wrote:This is my first post on the forums.
Now, I too am on the hunt for two SPYDERCO PARA-MILITARY2 DIGICAM BLACK BLADE G-10 ~ C81GCMOBK2
AG Russell is now out. I want one and one is for my dad for his birthday. We have been giving each other knives for gifts for years and I would really like this awesome US made knife in this pocket. It would be his first spydie but not mine.
Amazon had a few couple days ago...so did the sypdercoshop but they both sold out quick. Check all the sites everyday. Also sign up for email notifications. Hopefully you have some time before your Dad's birthday.
grandepatron

Post by grandepatron »

Thanks I will email notification had not thought of that, good idea.
Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

I ordered a black PM2 in mid September 2012. Got it about 2 weeks ago, 4 months of waiting.
Had to console myself along the way with a few other knives...
ChaoticMayhem65

Post by ChaoticMayhem65 »

Gilgamesh wrote:I ordered a black PM2 in mid September 2012. Got it about 2 weeks ago, 4 months of waiting.
Had to console myself along the way with a few other knives...
Wow. Who did you order it from? Rule of thumb for next time, make sure the seller has it marked as in stock and use trusted sellers.
Kev83

Post by Kev83 »

I've just joined the waiting game myself. Ordered one about a week or so and I know there will be no sign of it for at least several weeks to months. Anyone have any updated news on production or turnaround times? I'm like a kid before Christmas just waiting!
black

Post by black »

Seriously, how many threads do we need on this subject?