What's your most useful Spydie?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jnsn

Post by jnsn »

for me its my delica 4 hands down, i use it for everything from kitchen work to out in the garage.. its sees more actual use than all my other knives combined.
[CENTER]HAVE: sage 1, chokwe, gayle bradley, UKPK, wooden dragonfly, grasshopper, bug, bug set, kiwi.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
Knifewing

Post by Knifewing »

Strictly for usefulness, it's probably my old Jester Micarta, which is on my keychain and, therefore, always with me. As for other usefuls, probably one of the Spydercos in my current EDC rotation: Cat CF, Air, vintage Cricket Tuffram, and Techno. For "hard use" around the house, it's my trusty Para 1 SE.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

For me it has to be the K05P Small Utility Knife. Granted, it doesn't live in my pocket for hours on end, but it's the only knife I've used multiple times every single day since the day I got it.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
acer

Post by acer »

The most used of my spyderco knives at present time and for the last 6 mths or so is the Para military 2, cant put this thing down.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

My most used and most useful are two different knives...
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

My "most useful Spydie" would need to include two knives. At the moment I have a D'fly2 in my pocket and Sage4 on my belt. I also have a neck sheath holding a Manbug. NOTE: Hope to have a kydex neck sheath for my D'fly in a few days. I needed to open a drink while in Wal Mart with my GB once. The blade was too big to use without grabbing the blade so the D'fly (or Manbug) would have been a better choice. But, as often I find myself cutting a semi-large limb from one of the trees in my yard and the GB or Sage4 would be my preferrence. The smaller knife is used most often. But, if I could only carry one it would be the larger because the larger knife will get the small knife jobs done better than the small knife getting the large knife jobs done.

I suppose the Techno would be a nice choice to cover my description. Except for blade length. Since there is always an "except for" in these conversations or decisions I think I'll be a two knife guy most of the time. Shoot, I bought the dang things, I might as well at least carry them around. :D
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:My most used and most useful are two different knives...
Very true. This would sum up my EDC. My Yojimbo may not be the most all around versatile, but I don't need that much versatility in my EDC because of what and how I use my knife the most.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

Delica 4. No contest.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
goodbloke

Post by goodbloke »

hi there I'm new to all this so I hope I get it right,my most useful knife is a persistence even though it's probably the cheapest of my spyderco lockers.it is a lot tougher than it lets you guess when you first see it and cuts like it's a laser. :D
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

goodbloke wrote:hi there I'm new to all this so I hope I get it right,my most useful knife is a persistence even though it's probably the cheapest of my spyderco lockers.it is a lot tougher than it lets you guess when you first see it and cuts like it's a laser. :D
Oi, welcome to the forum, goodbloke.

Tod
Gomer: Goober says 'Hey!'
Andy: Hey to Goober.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I would say the Delica4 is my most useful and most carried, but I keep a green Tenacious at the job as a beater and it might actually be able to boast a larger volume of cutting than the D4. It's probably a common phenomenon, but neither of these is my favorite, which goes to my Manix XL. If the apocalypse was starting, and my house falling down, I would grab the XL and run. The apocalypse is scheduled for Friday, right? So maybe I'll just be prepared with several...

I had to work the XL into this post somehow.
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

My caly 3.5 is my most useful and most used.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
kromo

Post by kromo »

At home... Purple delica vg-10
at work... Native5
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Salt I PE for me too. Most of my leisure time involves the water is someway, whether that be lakes, rivers, oceans, or just plain sweat. Whether working in the yard and getting sweaty or fishing in the Chesapeake, I find myself reaching for my Salt, knowing it won't be bothered by whatever grossness I through at it. Therefore, to me, it is the most useful.

I've considered getting a Salt SE to supplement it, but I wish the good folks at Spyderco would change their mind and make a Salt Dyad. I'm still hoping.... It would be the perfect (most used and most useful) knife for me.
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

My most used knife is my Para2 but I have been using my Southard everyday since I got it. I carried that combo today at work but now I have a Tuff in my pocket.
:spyder:
Dan
goodbloke

Post by goodbloke »

thank you,been lurking for a while but finally got round to joining(rubbish on computers) :p
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Currently most used is Native5, but probably for some applications C83 Persian or Caly3.5 will be better due to longer blade.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Bladewacked

Post by Bladewacked »

It would have to be my police PS just a workhorse take a lickin' an keeps on tickin'
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Well, for me, most useful = most used. That would be my CF Balance. It's always with me and does most anything I ask of it.

Ken
玉鋼
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

At work the GB Air (discreet, classy, can handle anything I do in the office)
At home Mille CE (big enough, partial serrations get used alot around the yard, not afraid to really use it)