What's your most useful Spydie?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
iyn

Post by iyn »

Dragonfly.
goodbloke

Post by goodbloke »

I have the feeling the dragonfly is going to be my most useful knife too when I get round to getting one. ;)
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

The most useful one for me us the one I have in my pocket. The pile of other Spydercos I own, but are not currently in my pocket, are pretty useless, as they can't get used when I'm out and about. So my most useful changes on a day-by-day basis. ;)
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
BAL

Post by BAL »

YOJIMBO 2.

I have two (for now). One is a dedicated SD knife that I carry when I am in town.
(I live on a farm and work in the City) The second one gets the farm work or whatever.
I use the Military for tough work as well, but I find that the Yojimbo 2's thick Wharnie
blade with tough sharp point gets the job done on anything that I need.

I never thought that anything could push the Military as my favorite, but hey, love
that Yo2 more and more every day.
jon1all

Post by jon1all »

I came to the Para2 game late (just started collecting them this fall) but since buying my first not a day has gone by without one as my daily companion. That said, it easily qualifies as both my most used and most useful Spypie (Dragonfly2 G10 comes in 2nd).
Apparently, arachnophobia is not a condition from which I suffer.... :spyder:
------
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." (oops!)
--Thomas Jefferson
PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG >>>1all's Pub<<<
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

jackknifeh wrote:My "most useful Spydie" would need to include two knives. At the moment I have a D'fly2 in my pocket and Sage4 on my belt. I also have a neck sheath holding a Manbug. NOTE: Hope to have a kydex neck sheath for my D'fly in a few days. I needed to open a drink while in Wal Mart with my GB once. The blade was too big to use without grabbing the blade so the D'fly (or Manbug) would have been a better choice. But, as often I find myself cutting a semi-large limb from one of the trees in my yard and the GB or Sage4 would be my preferrence. The smaller knife is used most often. But, if I could only carry one it would be the larger because the larger knife will get the small knife jobs done better than the small knife getting the large knife jobs done.

I suppose the Techno would be a nice choice to cover my description. Except for blade length. Since there is always an "except for" in these conversations or decisions I think I'll be a two knife guy most of the time. Shoot, I bought the dang things, I might as well at least carry them around. :D
Here is a picture of my "most useful Spydie" :) Don't adjust your set, there are 3 knives. :D
Manbug (G-10 with stonewashed bolsters and stonewashed ZDP-189 blade cut to resemble the Jester blade)
Dragonfly2 (VG-10) (still covered by warranty :) )
Sage4 (G-10 sandblasted scales, 1 red and 1 blue, Stonewashed bolsters, lockbar, liners and blade)

Other side of my Sage4
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

Nice work on the Sage 4, Jack.

Tod
Gomer: Goober says 'Hey!'
Andy: Hey to Goober.
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

BAL wrote: (I live on a farm and work in the City)
Dwight?

Tod
Gomer: Goober says 'Hey!'
Andy: Hey to Goober.
Fancier

Post by Fancier »

My Cruwear Mule gets used every day to break down cardboard boxes. It has good wear resistance and is easy to touch up with a strop.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

tr4022 wrote:Dwight?

Tod
Now that's funny! :D
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

tr4022 wrote:Nice work on the Sage 4, Jack.

Tod
Thanks. Black speckled with silver dymondwood material arrived today. Next set of scales and some kitchen knives.
Commendatore

Post by Commendatore »

My most used and quite useful knife is the one on my keychain: Ladybug Salt Hawkbill. Be it box opening, cord cutting or pulling the blade through barbecue food. It also opens bottles like a purpose-buildt tool dur to the Boye detent.
When hunting or doing kitchen cuts I rather take a Mule or Moran.
There are other knives that see some use too. I always have a Para2 in my backpack and most of the time a Delica or UKPK in my pocket.
Hard to think of a :spyder: that is not very useful!
-F1

Post by -F1 »

As others have mentioned, I use a Salt. I have the serrated hawkbill variety. Made a buckled necklace-type deal out of paracord so I can wear it all the time, and detach it as needed. It's far from the most able knife I have, but its handiness makes it very useful.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I would probably vote for my SE Dragonfly (first :spyder :) , my SE Merlin, or my SE Spyderhawk based on cutting what I need when I need it. First choice for PE is probably the Manix 2, though there are so many that have really performed admirably that it's hard to choose. I like the Manix2, Tenacious, and Navaja best for prepping and eating food. The Mules are excellent, I'm considering grinding one down for better chopping.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
Bob2swpa

Post by Bob2swpa »

Manix2 EDC work knife, waved endura off hours.
Spyderfly, Endura4 w Wave, C10PS Endura, Manix2, Centofante 3, Ocelot, Blue Domino, Yojimbo, Earthtone Paramilitary2,Vallotton sub hilt so far : :spyder:
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Saver Salt....have used it for a ton of things other than cutting...
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

My Sharpmaker. Without it the rest of the collection is fairly useless.

This morning I sharpened a camping hatchet (file and sandpaper), and in the spur of the moment I ran it through the Sharpmaker. It now shaves arm hair. I've never seen an axe shave before, and I'm quite chuffed. :)
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi