Spreding the Spyderco Fever!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
41Mag

Spreding the Spyderco Fever!

Post by 41Mag »

Hi! everyone I am new here, but have been reading what you guys and gals have been saying for sometime and you all are a wealth of informantion. Just had a question for you all. How many people have you given the Spyderco Fever too? I personally have infected about 7......I usually get them hooked by gifting a used Spydie of mine and the rest just takes care of itself. P.S. please for give me if there has been a hundred threads posted on this already. :rolleyes:
Holland

Post by Holland »

Welcome to the forums! I have had the pleasure of getting my dad and my boss at work addicted to knives. All it takes is a few minutes playing with the para2 and they need to have one. and that is where the addiction starts
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Welcome!
Zero, so far. More for me, I guess :D
sal

Post by sal »

Hi 41Mag,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

How many people has sal spread it to, I wonder?
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

I definitely just infected a friend recently. He got a ladybug and loved it but said he could never see himself carrying around a 3" plus blade. That was a month or two ago. He now has a centofante3 and is planning on a new one.
So many spydies, not enough pockets.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990
goodbloke

Post by goodbloke »

hi there,I managed to convince one mate to get a delica and he has used it continuously for over a decade.bought a work mate a Byrd crow and now he wants a tenacious. :)
golddot370

Post by golddot370 »

4 coworkers & 3 brother in laws. It's funny I work in a ER and my coworkers and I who are working on patient's are carrying better blades then the police & fire bringing them in.
International Order Of The SpyderEdge
Spydiefanatic #370
Emersonaholic #370
Team KillboX #370
Proud member of the N.R.A
'MAY GOD HAVE MERCY UPON MY ENEMIES, BECAUSE I WON'T.'
General George S. Patton
Luke 22:36
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Hey, 41mag! Welcome to the Forum!

I've infected my youngest son - he is 11 and in Boy Scouts. He's talked me out of five or six Spydies so far. He really likes the Centofante 3 for his hiking/camping knife. And he carries a Honeybee on his uniform belt clip for small tasks.

Sal, I'm working hard to foster your next generation of customers!

TedP
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

golddot370 wrote:4 coworkers & 3 brother in laws. It's funny I work in a ER and my coworkers and I who are working on patient's are carrying better blades then the police & fire bringing them in.
golddot370, what do you use in the ER?

Tod
Gomer: Goober says 'Hey!'
Andy: Hey to Goober.
haarspalter

Post by haarspalter »

a coworker, my brother, another coworker and my girlfriend....
:spyder: Mule k390-S110v-Cruwear, Gayle Bradley, Cruwear Military Collectors #13V, CPM-M4-Ti Military CF Scales, Para2 20cp
golddot370

Post by golddot370 »

tr4022 wrote:golddot370, what do you use in the ER?

Tod
Hey tr4044
I really don't use a knife at work but that doesn't mean I don't edc a couple, I always have a para 2 & a se delica. Its better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.
International Order Of The SpyderEdge
Spydiefanatic #370
Emersonaholic #370
Team KillboX #370
Proud member of the N.R.A
'MAY GOD HAVE MERCY UPON MY ENEMIES, BECAUSE I WON'T.'
General George S. Patton
Luke 22:36
BAL

Post by BAL »

Welcome 41Mag.
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Welcome to the forums....I've converted a few people here and there...
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I have turned on at least a good handful of folks to :spyder: knives and will surely convert more. Something like a Tenacious/Ambitious/Persistence/Resilience (right size depending on user) will convert almost anyone used to a pocketknife of pretty much any kind that you can buy at a big box store.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
JD Spydo

Very Interesting choice of names

Post by JD Spydo »

Very interesting name you picked i.e. "41mag" :cool: A really good hunting pal of mine has a S&W 41 Mag handgun>> it's one great caliber that few shooters know about. It truly has the best of both worlds of the .357mag and 44 mag calibers.

It's a hard one to find brass for but a good round to be sure.

Welcome to Spyderville 41mag and I hope while you're here you'll check out the wonderful worlds of Hawkbills and Spyderedges :cool:

I do hope you will enjoy your stay here and I also hope you become as hopelessly addicted to Spyders as the rest of us are :D
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Pomelly

Post by Pomelly »

I've infected 3 coworkers, 3 friends and my girlfriend (her obsession is Paramilitary!!! I love her :) ) , but unfortunately they do not collect them...
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Pockets wrote:How many people has sal spread it to, I wonder?
Ha ha! Good question. According to the Spyderco Forum's main page, there are currently 14,213 active members. (However, this number likely doesn't include all of the guests--not to mention the other prespective Spydie-converts that we meet on a daily basis ;) ). My most recent "convert" may be my younger brother. He's looking at studying marine mechanics down in Florida after he graduates from HS. He asked me for my opinion regarding a good "rust resistent" pocket knife that he could use down in Florida. I showed him the Salt series in my 2012 catalog and also showed him a few of my own Salts. He was pretty impressed with the Salts and stated that he is very interested in getting one. His birthday is coming up in Feb., so I just may get him a Salt 1 or Pacific as a gift. Looks like H1 is just as infectious as VG-10, CPM-440V, S90V, and CTS-XHP. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
41Mag

Post by 41Mag »

JD Spydo wrote:Very interesting name you picked i.e. "41mag" :cool: A really good hunting pal of mine has a S&W 41 Mag handgun>> it's one great caliber that few shooters know about. It truly has the best of both worlds of the .357mag and 44 mag calibers.

It's a hard one to find brass for but a good round to be sure.

Welcome to Spyderville 41mag and I hope while you're here you'll check out the wonderful worlds of Hawkbills and Spyderedges :cool:

I do hope you will enjoy your stay here and I also hope you become as hopelessly addicted to Spyders as the rest of us are :D
Hey! JD thanks for the interest in my username! You are correct the 41 is a great cartridge, i use it in my lever action and my revolver for deer hunting. My brother got me hooked on it years ago and luckly he has alot of brass. :D My brother got me hooked on the 41 mag and i got him hooked on spyderco knives and he rarely guts a deer without his spydie. Ohh and by the way i would love to try a hawkbill with a spyderedge...! Just also would like to say thanks to all of you for the warm welcome and thanks Sal!
ChaoticMayhem65

Post by ChaoticMayhem65 »

Unfortunately ive only infected myself. But let me tell you first hand, the fever is expensive and has no known cure :cool: