Gayle Bradley...OK, now I get it.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
termite

Gayle Bradley...OK, now I get it.

Post by termite »

I'm embarassed to say how many Spydercoes (sp?) I own...duplicates and even triplicates of several Sprints, but I finally caved on my aversion to the Gayle Bradley (yes, I admit it's origin was a factor). These are gorgeous and I hereby publicly apologise for my bias...my loss. They are really nice!
Chipped Karambit

Post by Chipped Karambit »

I am an all American (or colombian when it comes to machetes) made person and I must say, Some of what I have seen come out of Taiwan beats custom Italians or Mid Tech Americans. Glad you caved in. Sal has a good nose for choosing the best, he wouldn't settle for anything less them improvement. CQI. M4 is a beast and the Fit and finish is remarkable. Which one did you get? I am picking up the Air in late december after I find out my funds, (love how the silver twill is notched so it doesnt tear when something brushes the liners) The Gayle Bradleys are remarkable.

Maybe next you will try the Southard????or Southfork??
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Good on ya, mate. ;) Now, go get a Techno. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The folks in Taichung don't eff around. They know their way around making knives.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Taichung is the best. After getting my PPT and Chokwe in the mail and adding those to the Techno, GB, GB Air and Vallotton that I already own. And then seeing and hearing about the F&F of the Sage line...I don't have a single doubt that they are by far the best Spydercos, and possibly are the best production knives currently being made anywhere by any one.
On the hunt for...
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Yes, Taichung consistently pumps out unbelievably high quality, precision made knives. And they seem to keep getting better and better. The Techno and Southard are particularly impressive. They obviously take great pride in their work, and it shows.
:bug-red-white
BAL

Post by BAL »

No doubt about the quality at taichung and the GB is one of my favorites.
But there is still something rooted deep in amny of us about buying
American products, especially in these troubled economic times.
78lilred

Post by 78lilred »

GB thread without pictures...

Here's a quick horrible picture of mine.
M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

GB is a great knife. I sold mine and I kind of regret it. It is a fantastically well made knife. I may have to re-buy it.
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Well made of course but I haven't been able to warm up to the ergos of mine. You should check out the Air. Cannot believe I lived without this knife. Mine is absolutely perfect Fit and Finish wise.
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

Between what Spyderco and Maxpedtition have on the market from Taiwan, I'm a huge fan of the product coming out of that country. I'd love to keep the money at home but when I can get that much value in comparison to a dollar spent, how can I? The fit and finish of a Taichung knife is top notch, every time.
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Three of my favorites: Gayle Bradley, Chaparral (CF), Sage4.

I believe the GB is now just called the Bradley in the new catalog. Did I see this correctly?
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

The Gayle Bradley is now called the Bradley Folder. We can't type GB anymore. :( Not sure I can get used to BF. I may need to sell my knife. :(
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Isn't the Air also a "Bradley Folder"?
:bug-red-white
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

gbelleh wrote:Isn't the Air also a "Bradley Folder"?
Gayle Bradley designed the "Air" just like he designed the "Gayle Bradley". In the previous catalogs the GB was called the Gayle Bradley model. In the 2013 catalog the knife is called a "Bradley Folder". The "Air" is another knife by Gayle Bradley. I'm not certain of the reasoning behind the name change (or maybe it's a mistake in the catalog). They have one mistake already. The Sage1 (open) is pictured in the Chaparral (CF) description. Maybe "Bradley Folder" is a misprint. :confused: Maybe Sal or someone will confirm.
Coulro

Post by Coulro »

I realized the other day that I should stop referring to the Gayle Bradley as the 'GB', particularly outside Spyderco specific forums, because Strider has a model called the 'GB'.

I didn't realize until recently because I believe (I don't follow Strider) it's one of their older, discontinued models?
BAL

Post by BAL »

Maybe so, but the GB is the Gail Bradley IS the GB to me.
and the Crescent wrench is that adjustable wrench that I
can't live without that different companies make.
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

They may have renamed it to the Bradley in anticipation of additional models designed by Gayle Bradley. In other words they may be setting up the Gayle Bradley brand which will hopefully consist of numerous models (Bradley, Air, etc...).
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Ferris Wheels wrote:They may have renamed it to the Bradley in anticipation of additional models designed by Gayle Bradley. In other words they may be setting up the Gayle Bradley brand which will hopefully consist of numerous models (Bradley, Air, etc...).
We can only hope!
On the hunt for...
CAMAROMAN

Post by CAMAROMAN »

I am really fond of the Bradley folder !
:spyder: Laci Szabo, Military (digital camo), Navaja,Centofante 3 , Persian 2,Lum Chinese, Ladybug ZDP, Tasman Salt, Native,Viele, Spin, Persistance, Dragonfly, Manix 2, Pingo, Impala, T-mag

"A knifeless man is a lifeless man" - old Nordic proverb