Am I the only one...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CaptainTim

Am I the only one...

Post by CaptainTim »

...who would like to see the Endura and the Delica offered in a black (non-serrated) blade with black G-10 scales?
Ragman24

Post by Ragman24 »

Man I love the Endura 4 the way it is but that would be pretty cool.I'd definitely pick one up!
Knifewing

Post by Knifewing »

One of the few knives I regret selling is an Delica 3 with black blade and OD green handle. Don't know why I ever let it go, but it's kind of along the lines of what you're thinking of. In retrospect, it was very cool...
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Do not care about the coated blade but I would by any future G10 Delica's on sight. The one I have (FG G10) is an absolute favourite. It gives the delica an extra level of strength and capability. Not that the FRn ones are any slouches.
Onionman

Post by Onionman »

You're not the only one. I would prefer a black G10 Endura over the green G10. Don't really understand why they have to make all of these different colors for G10. Black G10 is the only way to go IMO.
The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
CaptainTim

Post by CaptainTim »

Just to clarify, I'm envisioning something like an Endura and Delica version of the Para2.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

I have the Endura 3 PE Black blade with FRN handles but a Endura 4 all-black with G-10 scales would be the best!! I really would like to see that one happening :)

Endura 3 BB en Delica 1 BB

Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
CaptainTim

Post by CaptainTim »

I'm enjoying the comments and pics! Good info. Thanks!
IceCold

Post by IceCold »

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/ ... G_4368.jpg

Take a look at my pic. I have small hands and find the Paramilitary 2 and Delica 4 perfect sizes.

I would pay serious money for a Delica 4, Black DLC coated Full flat ground Black blade, with G-10 Handles even FRN is ok. But at the point its almost a Mini-Paramilitary 2. And steel VG-10 is ok so would be CPM S30V or something harder.
GronK

Am i the only one. . . .

Post by GronK »

. . . . who dislikes threads that you have to open to find out what they're about?
Think Twice, Post Once!
GronK
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

IceCold wrote:http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/ ... G_4368.jpg

Take a look at my pic. I have small hands and find the Paramilitary 2 and Delica 4 perfect sizes.

I would pay serious money for a Delica 4, Black DLC coated Full flat ground Black blade, with G-10 Handles even FRN is ok. But at the point its almost a Mini-Paramilitary 2. And steel VG-10 is ok so would be CPM S30V or something harder.
99.9 percent unlikely you will get an american steel on a japanese spydie. possibly even 100 percent.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

IceCold wrote:http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/ ... G_4368.jpg

FFG black bladed black FRN Delica 4 in VG-10 would be the most likely. But it would almost certainly be ti-ni coated because, AFAIK, DLC is only used on the knives built in Golden. Of course you could elect to pay the "my way" tax and find someone to DLC coat the blade and blacken the hardware of a black FFG Delica 4 for you, aftermarket.
GronK wrote:. . . . who dislikes threads that you have to open to find out what they're about?
Possibly.

I suspect most of us have figured out that, by hovering our cursor on a thread's title, we can almost always see enough to figure out if it's worth opening.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!