The Little Big Knife You EDC???

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
thurin

Post by thurin »

I've had this in my watch pocket the last couple of days.

Deal4

Post by Deal4 »

gbelleh wrote:I like the wire clips. They're discreet, carry deep, and work well.
+1
Cricket Bite

Post by Cricket Bite »

It amazes me how much variations there is. Kudos to Spyderco for offering up so many quality options. I lean towards the cricket. I love the flat design and reverse s blade. I use serrated but the tip offers some straight edge cutting ability as well. I still dream of the day if and when it is produced in titanium. Mmmmmm. I would definitely buy 2 so I could keep a safe queen and user.
gsstella1

Post by gsstella1 »

Native and Delica
bt148

Post by bt148 »

Dragonfly H1 regularly. I have a Persistence and carry it sometimes...but not that often. Does the Native 5 G-10 count?
nccole

Post by nccole »

The only one I have that is a "little big knife" would be the Meerkat. My Caly 3 might be considered one to some, but not to me. I do plan on getting a serrated H1 Dragonfly. I also have my eye on a ZDP Ladybug for my brother-in-law. He has a Persistence, but prefers his SAK due to just being able to throw it in his pocket and mentioned the Persistence going dull too quickly. I think the ZDP Ladybug will be perfect for him, plus my father-in-law in British so maybe the BRG will be a big hit too!
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Ladybug these past few days. Have it on my key ring. If I need a change, I will carry my Dragonfly2 Salt.

I would like to carry the Squeak but since it does not have a lanyard hole, it gets left behind. The second issue that it does not fit well for my purposes is the blade width. So it does not see the mail room much.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

C22 CF/ZDP Walker. Almost as much edge as a Sage in a very light and classy package.
WorkingEdge

Post by WorkingEdge »

Ladybug for ten years. Now Techno and Manbug in Zdp 189. Amazing "little" knives. I believe Sal mentioned he always had two knives on him and one was always a Manbug.
vaisforlovers

My Little Guys on Lanyards

Post by vaisforlovers »

Good Day everyone.

Spring is now in full effect. As the days get nicer I transition to wearing shorts more, and with that comes a change in which knives I carry more frequently. It seems I prefer the smaller blades when I wear shorts.

I also recently noticed that lanyards really make these LBKs much easier to control while using and much easier to find when in the pocket.

My question to you all- Does your EDC preference change with the coming of Spring? It could be caused by what you are doing. IE not much big game hunting in the Spring . Or what you are wearing, or where you are going more. Do you find yourself carrying smaller blades?

For me, time to break out the more in-pocket friendly LBKs

James

"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189. With me almost as often as the Stretch, try to use it around NKP when I can.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Yester5

Post by Yester5 »

I carry a SS Cricket everyday as a money clip. Lately, I have been EDC a ZDP189 Delica 4...great little knife :)
"A gem is not polished without friction, nor man perfected without trial"
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Gary W Graley wrote:Thanks I took the book to work today, folks there did not believe that I had cut it with that knife ;) but yep, I wouldn't post a pic like that unless it was that actual knife that did the cutting, that book was pretty tough, binding was also very tight too but down through it went.

And David, I'm waiting on a ZDP dragonfly right now myself, wanted to see how that was, being a bit more pointy and a little thinner blade...but they're on back order at the moment, the online store didn't indicate they were out, otherwise I'd have gone elsewhere, Amazon had them at a few dollars less but wanted to keep business with the store I've been using, it'll show up eventually :)
G2
Gary,

That's funny, because I'm wanting to buy a Pingo just to see how it is. :) The ZDP-189 D'fly is amazing. I almost don't need any other knife ever. ;)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

vaisforlovers wrote:Good Day everyone.

Spring is now in full effect. As the days get nicer I transition to wearing shorts more, and with that comes a change in which knives I carry more frequently. It seems I prefer the smaller blades when I wear shorts.

I also recently noticed that lanyards really make these LBKs much easier to control while using and much easier to find when in the pocket.

My question to you all- Does your EDC preference change with the coming of Spring? It could be caused by what you are doing. IE not much big game hunting in the Spring . Or what you are wearing, or where you are going more. Do you find yourself carrying smaller blades?

For me, time to break out the more in-pocket friendly LBKs

James

Those lanyards look great! My knives change a with the season, I have my own business and I find myself back on crew in the summer and as such I need a knife that can be a little more abused, like a Manix or my CQC 7 something that can be a jack of all trades and that I won't snap the tip off. No LBK's for me this time of year.