Spyderco dream knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tobii3

Post by tobii3 »

spyderedge wrote:bright blue weaved carbon fiber
I have Klotzli Wimpff's in red fiber, yellow fiber and black fiber...blue would be nice!!
Skywarp

Post by Skywarp »

sal wrote:Hi Eschwebach, Marinewar and Skywarp,

Welcome to our forum.

Many good ideas prsented here. One of my "go to" threads for new model concepts. Thanx much.

sal
Cheers Sal, great to know you value customer input.
Urban Leaf, Superblue Delica 4, Leafstorm, Brown XHP Native, Brown Para 2
benben

Post by benben »

Sitting at my desk at work before anyone else arrives looking at my orange Urban Wharncliffe. Such a cool little knife and
blade shape. Got me thinking, i would love to see a Golden made Wharncliffe knife around 7.25" to 7.5" long with a lock,
any lock and wire clip. What do you guys think ? What steel, lock, and scales would be cool on this knife ? Had to leave my
deck for a few minutes before i posted this so i gave it a little more thought.....G-10 scales (any color, orange?) 3mm XHP
blade stock and a one handed lock, compression lock maybe ? Would be a great work knife.
benben
78lilred

Post by 78lilred »

Yo2 is a wharnie, just no wire clip.
Specifications:
Overall Length: 7 9/16” (192 mm)
Blade Length: 3 1/8” (79 mm)
Weight: 4.0 oz (113 g)
M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.
benben

Post by benben »

78lilred wrote:Yo2 is a wharnie, just no wire clip.
Specifications:
Overall Length: 7 9/16” (192 mm)
Blade Length: 3 1/8” (79 mm)
Weight: 4.0 oz (113 g)
Thanks 78, didn't even think of the Yo2, i guess i was thinking of a more rounded spine like on the Urban. Just looked at
some great photos of the Yo2 on yahoo images.
benben
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

A heavy duty lockback with Cruwear leftovers, with 3V used for remainder of run. At least 3.75 inch blade. rc 62.5 for Cruwear and rc 59-60 for 3V. G10 grips.

Sprint Native 5 with W2 ( or Super Blue if made in Seki) High polish, carbon fibre. FFG, thinly ground , rc 60 W2, or 62 SB. coating for blade that looks good?

Chaparral CF or wood and S110V at rc 61-62

P2 in CTS-B75 at rc 62

Millie in CTS B75
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
jon1all

Post by jon1all »

Para Military2:

DLC everything (blade, hardware, liners, comp lock, clip), CPM S110V, stonewashed/faded-denim-looking medium blue G10 scales (ie, not Smurf-blue like on the M390 Sprint--think old faded Levi's), true deep carry clip version of the classic Spydie hourglass pocket clip.

Build this and I will buy as many as I can get my hands on (or until my wife catches me! LOL!)... heck even just offer it in CPM S30V & I would buy it in a heartbeat!!!
Apparently, arachnophobia is not a condition from which I suffer.... :spyder:
------
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." (oops!)
--Thomas Jefferson
PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG >>>1all's Pub<<<
Holland

Post by Holland »

paramilitary two, integral compression lock, titanium on both sides, and k390/294 steel!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

If they made something along the lines of the Sage 1 with a compression lock, I would be so happy in love with that thing. It would take what I consider my perfect EDC knife and make it more perfecter.
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

Call me a simple man, but all I want for Christmas is a Manix 2 Lightweight that's shrunk down to about the size of the FRN UKPK. The Manix 2 Lightweight is my main EDC at home and on the weekends, but it's my D4 or FRN UKPK that most often accompanies me into the office. I'd be head over heals for a smaller Manix 2 Lightweight.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

senorsquare wrote:If they made something along the lines of the Sage 1 with a compression lock, I would be so happy in love with that thing. It would take what I consider my perfect EDC knife and make it more perfecter.
That would be pretty awsome if the Sage5 came with a compression lock.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

ASmitty wrote:Call me a simple man, but all I want for Christmas is a Manix 2 Lightweight that's shrunk down to about the size of the FRN UKPK. The Manix 2 Lightweight is my main EDC at home and on the weekends, but it's my D4 or FRN UKPK that most often accompanies me into the office. I'd be head over heals for a smaller Manix 2 Lightweight.
I like this idea!
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
SCARLETT

Post by SCARLETT »

I would have to say an ATR stonewashed with any steel. Loving the stonewashed finishes coming out.
:spyder:33:spyder:
Dreaming of an A.T.R. with combo TI/G10 scales
IceCold

Post by IceCold »

SPYDERCO Dream Knife.

#1. Must include Carrying belt holster tactical
#2. D2 Tool Steel
#3. Fixed Blade
#4. Black DLC Coated.
#5. Paramilitary 2 style
#6. G-10 Ergonomic Handle (not flat)

Something like this Which was $180 on Amazon and I purchased it, Currently my largest Zombie appocalypse knife def not EDC. Spyderco make something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF7Yd9-x0J4
spyderedge

Post by spyderedge »

What about blue smoke CF?

Like this kershaw leek...http://www.bladehq.com/item--Kershaw-On ... k-Blue--62

But in CF!
My :spyder: Endura 4 FFG Plain, Black in VG-10 had been my faithful EDC companion since 9/26/2012
neo

Post by neo »

Very simple: the bushcraft like it is with a 3V blade ;)

phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

More "unscaled" or Mule-like versions of production full-tang fixed blades. The Bushcraft Mule was a great idea (unfortunately, I missed them... would you be open to a re-issue?) and the Woodcraft Mule was also pretty cool. How about a scale-less Street Beat or Street Bowie? I really like the stock natural canvas micarta, but how about a scale-less Temp2?

Spyderco could keep their production costs down and probably not cannibalize many of their existing sales - 'cuz mainly the hobbyists and makers would buy them.

TedP
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

I have been carrying my Yojimbo2 for some time now. I love it and would love to see an all black model.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

i want a non-auto bi-fold.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
jon1all

Post by jon1all »

Someone else mentioned this in another thread either here or on BF, so I don't want to make claim that it's an original idea of mine...but how about a Para Military2 with a wicked hawkbill? (both PE and SE versions). Call it the Para Hawk! :)
Apparently, arachnophobia is not a condition from which I suffer.... :spyder:
------
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." (oops!)
--Thomas Jefferson
PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG >>>1all's Pub<<<