spyderco warranty and customer service

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tpg

spyderco warranty and customer service

Post by tpg »

i am new to spyderco knives do they have a lifetime warranty like gerber and buck? i had a gerber knife and multitool and they broke so they sent me two new tools also there customer service was great. my dad recommended a spyderco he had a rescue knife and he said they are good knives.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Yep. Lifetime warranty against defect, but not misuse. Their customer service is top notch. For warranty details, see here: http://www.spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/index.php?item=10
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

P.S. Welcome to the forums! :D
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Tpg,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum.

sal
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Hi and welcome to the Spyderco forum tpg.

My own experience with Spyderco warranty has been very good. The only bad thing is that they are on the other side of the world from me :D
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
RedRunner

Post by RedRunner »

Great company and you'll love the product. It's very nice. Welcome to the forum.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Welcome tpg. Thinking about starting to buy Spyderco Knives.
I would recommend turning and running, fast.
Once you get started, it is a bad bad habit and you can't go
back to anything else. You wake up at night thinking about
the next Spydie that you HAVE to have. Then you buy it and
no sooner have it in your hands and you start thinking about
the next one. It's a vicious circle. Run Forest Run.

Welcome and happy shopping. There are many on this forum
that will gladly help with your new addiction.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Spyderco has top notch customer service. Their warranty is as good as I've seen with any company and they honor the warranty. This is not something anyone needs to worry about.

On top of that they make great knives. I've had Gerber and several others. They make good knives and tools but I like Spyderco knives much better and I like SOG's line of multi-tools. Just my preference though. Some people prefer Gerber's product line.

Another thing about Spyderco is I've found this forum to be a great place to ask any question you want about the products. Not often do you get so much customer feedback about a line of products.

Welcome to the forum.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Spyderco warrants against defects in workmanship and materials. They do not warrant against damage caused by abuse, neglect, or incompetent attempts at disassembly. They do an excellent job of honoring their warranty, but have no problem telling someone "Sorry, you broke it" if that's what happened. Some folks can understand and accept that, some can't.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Personally I think some companies have made it difficult for others with warranty causing confusion and "this is a warranty" then they realise it's not, the example I'm talking of is Esse you know you break it however and boom a new one.
The majority of people are honest in the community but you get bad eggs everywhere and there is a huge difference between backing a fixed micarta scaled high carbon knife against what spyderco produces.
I gauge Esee prices like this 50% for the knife I'm getting and 50% for the replacement.
But as knife companies go I place them like car companies in Europe Mercedes , BMW, Audi are premium brands.
Your not going to get the same service at cost as you would a ford, gmc etc.
But as for the way spyderco do business I know if one of my knives went wrong I could talk directly to Sal that is customer service in itself,
As I've stated before in the uk cost is higher an Esee candiru is almost 100 dollars a Elmax mule with postage tax etc to my door is over $100 not at spydercos profit though to expect Gerbers warranty to be compared to spyderco is not a fair comparison as the overheads are in a different ball park.
One is budget the other premium.
BAL

Post by BAL »

The Deacon wrote:Spyderco warrants against defects in workmanship and materials. They do not warrant against damage caused by abuse, neglect, or incompetent attempts at disassembly. They do an excellent job of honoring their warranty, but have no problem telling someone "Sorry, you broke it" if that's what happened. Some folks can understand and accept that, some can't.
+1
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

I have about ten spydercos now and have had no issues yesterday as by my other posts I recieved a vallotton being for a collection and very light use (maybe) I like them perfect.
Usually all is good on the vallotton the clip has a black matte finish and on mine it has a thumbprint where its been handled wet or tacky.
I messaged spyderco this morning I'm in the uk and a few hours later recieved an email saying they had put a new clip and posted to me.
Considering I'm in the uk the time difference the rapid reply and the postage here I'd say the customer service is 100% very pleased thanks spyderco.
That's the first time I've needed to use the customer team spot on guys brilliant.
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Ten days after contacting support my knife clip arrived I'm in the uk so that's a very quick time the usual quick time without costly express is 10-15 days.
Included were a clip , screws and a tube of loctite thanks guys I know its preaching to the choir as its a spyderco forum but ill tell it how it is.
Sal the team you have is great thanks again 10/10 ;) .
nozh2002

Post by nozh2002 »

tpg wrote:i am new to spyderco knives do they have a lifetime warranty like gerber and buck? i had a gerber knife and multitool and they broke so they sent me two new tools also there customer service was great. my dad recommended a spyderco he had a rescue knife and he said they are good knives.
If you disassemble your knife for cleaning and oiling - this will cancel Warranty.

Few years ago it was different - "if you disassemble you knife and that cause failure then it will not be covered by warranty".
Now Spyderco Warranty department made things easier for them self. So for me this mean that there is no Warranty for
Spyderco at all - I do clean and oil pivot area and disassemble my knives for that reason, which cancel my Warranty. But
honestly I am not buying too much Spyderco lately anyway.
Chipped Karambit

Post by Chipped Karambit »

well everyone has pretty much said what I can say soooo ya, what they said

Welcome to the forums