Best Bang for the Buck

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wolverine666

Best Bang for the Buck

Post by Wolverine666 »

Let me begin by saying that I feel that Spyderco knives in general are a great value. What you get for what you pay is fantastic. Materials used , fit and finish , locking mechs and overall quality is all top notch for a more than reasonable price.

Anyway , which Spydies in particular do you feel are "exceptional" values ?

I have to say that (for me) the Manix2 is the best deal going. You get a .125" thick S30V blade , nice G10 scales over solid stainless steel liners , the awesome Ball Bearing Lock and it's made in Golden , CO. All for @ $77.00. I love it.

I have a few others that are on my "exceptional value" list. But the Manix2 takes the gold.
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

Yes the Manix is a exceptional value. I personally like the Delica/Endura line. Spyderco really nailed it with the 4th generation models.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

I would have to go with the Military. The long FFG blade is excellent to work with and it's almost lightweight.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
JCP1969

Post by JCP1969 »

Agree the manix2 is a great value. Its got a lot going for it. I've always thought that and this. I need one.
I believe in safe queens , they do exist!
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

Manix 2 and Para 2 are definitely among the best values out there.
jeff_C

Post by jeff_C »

You guys have bigger bucks than me.. :) I LOVE the Endura and Delica line... And the Tenacious is an AWESOME blade for the money.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

The frn native is a great value for a work knife. I think people discredit frn alot because of preferences towards G-10. The Manix 2 is a great knife though even with 154cm but even more so with S30V . No other knife company can come close to the steel choices and blade grinds spyderco offers at their price point. The only other company I can think of with similar bang for buck goodness starts with a K and ends with an ershaw
Onionman

Post by Onionman »

A large knife with a great price is the Resilience for around $50. For a smaller USA made knife, the Native comes to mind as a good deal.
The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Many Spydercos and non-Spydercos represent great value. M2, Delica, Endura just few of them. I remember seen US made Buck Vantage Pro with G10 scales and 3" S30V blade under $60. Still I prefer little more refine product and here hard to beat Native5 and Caly family. Few bucks over a hundred and you can get amazing knives, which will last lifetime.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
araneae

Post by araneae »

The Tenacious is an outstanding knife for the price. The Delica/Endura are also excellent values IMO. I would argue that Spyderco across the board offer some of the best values in the knife world. Just look at the materials used and compare to any other maker. Better steel, better ergos and great service. Spyderco is the best bang for the buck in knives. Want a bigger bang for less buck, look at the byrds- decent knives for <$30.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

It really depends on your tastes. For pure "bang for the buck", the Tenacious family are going to win hands down. For "champagne at beer prices" in the steel department, you'd be hard pressed to beat a ZDP-189 FRN Delica. For hard use, the base models of the ParaMilitary 2 and Manix 2 are excellent values would vie for the title. And, for a classy looking knife that mates very good steel with superb ergonomics, the CF Chaparral would be my top pick.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Slash

Post by Slash »

Wolverine666 wrote:
Anyway , which Spydies in particular do you feel are "exceptional" values?
I have a few others that are on my "exceptional value".
If we tell the bean counters, they'll raise the prices. :p
jldc

Post by jldc »

I think the answer is clearly the Delica/Endura line. FRN is a nearly ideal handle material - lightweight, grippy, and nearly indestructible. It isn't outperformed by any of the higher end materials, it's just not as cool. I love carbon fiber/G-10/Ti scales as much as anyone, but they pretty much exclude a knife from the "best bang for the buck" category.

L
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I think that the best bang for the buck is the GB. Top notch materials for as low as $125...usually more like $140. But still a superb deal for the materials and the fit and finish.
On the hunt for...
Sht

Post by Sht »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:I think that the best bang for the buck is the GB. Top notch materials for as low as $125...usually more like $140. But still a superb deal for the materials and the fit and finish.
You hit the nail on the head. Gayle Bradley is by far the best buy.
Gayle Bradley
Bob lum tanto sprint
Milie camo
Para2 camo
Manix2 moonglow
Tasman salt
Tenacious (the whole lineup)
Kiwi SS

Knives at all times
tobii3

Post by tobii3 »

jldc wrote:I think the answer is clearly the Delica/Endura line.
Hands down the winner.

Difficult to argue with their 22+ years of production....very difficult...
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The Deacon wrote:It really depends on your tastes. For pure "bang for the buck", the Tenacious family are going to win hands down. For "champagne at beer prices" in the steel department, you'd be hard pressed to beat a ZDP-189 FRN Delica. For hard use, the base models of the ParaMilitary 2 and Manix 2 are excellent values would vie for the title. And, for a classy looking knife that mates very good steel with superb ergonomics, the CF Chaparral would be my top pick.
That is almost word for word everything i was going to post.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
DedRok

Post by DedRok »

Tenacious.
Spyderco please make a wire clip version of the Manbug/Ladybug!
Chipped Karambit

Post by Chipped Karambit »

in my opinion native is the best bang for buck for price steel and quality (oh ya and tenacious)
kbrouwer

Post by kbrouwer »

Native or Manix2 for sure.