Deleted the Tuff thread, have a good one yall.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DCDesigns

Deleted the Tuff thread, have a good one yall.

Post by DCDesigns »

It was quite clear that thread took a direction I never intended, and began being potentially harmful to spyderco something I never wanted. SO, I deleted it. Sorry to those who were planning on following it for resolution, Im really not happy with how things happened either.

I made the thread to help answer some questions I had, and to get opinions about my own tuff. Its clear some of you didnt take it that way.

What happens with my Tuff, when, or if I mail it out, what was wrong with it, how it can be fixed, are all things I now plan on keeping to myself. If spyderco wants to post about it, thats their prerogative. I will no longer be contributing to this forum,

Anyways, my free time has become very scarce, as I have been very busy with work and new hobbies. I can no longer make sense of spending time here when it is seldom appreciated.

To those of you who have helped me over the last couple years, I really appreciate it, live long and prosper... And I will miss the witty banter of some of my favourite members, however Im afraid I have grown tired of talking about knives.

Sal, Eric, all of the Spyderco staff, I wish you nothing but the best, and hope that you will continue to be successful, I will always be a fan. Its the forum I no longer care for.

And to those of you who were needlessly unkind: I hope bad luck and extreme misfortune infests your pathetic souls for all eternity... haha, IM OUT. now say what you will, I wont see it lol.
DedRok

Post by DedRok »

Personally, I read the entire thread and didn't think anyone was TOO nasty... just the usual expected internet "things". You gotta understand that this is the internet and anyone can say what they want BEHIND A COMPUTER SCREEN. Some people like to take their stress out on the internet because they aren't strong enough in real person. Secondly, sometimes when you read someones comment, you can't hear their tone of their voice as well as their expressions on their face, so sometimes text can be interpreted into a harsh comment when that wasn't the intention. As a professional in anything, you can't take much criticism from the internet too seriously 'cause they'll eat you alive!

I still think the best way to leave would be to send the Knife to Spyderco as soon as possible so they can take a peak at the knife.

Take care, and enjoy the knives!! :spyder:
Spyderco please make a wire clip version of the Manbug/Ladybug!
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

Hey DC,
Hate to see a contributing member get driven away by the "new" attitude that this forum has taken on.
For someone to be critisized for trying to gain info really saddens me.
Sorry this had to happen.
Good luck in your future endeavors and in life in general.
The internet can be a cruel place!
Later,
Don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Better to call it, think of the money you'll save.
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

i personally didnt agree with how people jumped on you. On the flip side i felt like you set the tone. Unfortunately on forums people take things how they individually see them :( seems i didnt read the rest of the post.... since you ended it like that i say GTFO and stay out! sorry but i dont wish ill will on ANYONE. Personally ive always sensed attitude from you in posts that wasn't warranted
Spyderbro

Post by Spyderbro »

:)
Last edited by Spyderbro on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[CENTER]Speak to people as if they were directly in front of you. [/CENTER]
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

In the other thread, I voiced my displeasure at everyone attacking you and calling you a troll, I did not agree with that at all. For whatever reason, when members post an issue or concern it isn't looked upon too favorably on this forum. Some see it as an attack on Spyderco & feel the need to immediately go on the defensive. That wasn't the first time it's happened and I'm sure it wont be the last. I'm sorry to see you go.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Geez. This thing is being taken waaaay too seriously. As mentioned, it's hard to judge body language and tone from behind a keyboard. If this sort of thing can ruin a forum for someone, you may just want to leave the internet completely. People will say things the wrong way, we've all done it. Now lets all hug it out like big boys and stop being all butt hurt over a misunderstanding.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
APS

Post by APS »

DCDesigns wrote:And to those of you who were needlessly unkind: I hope bad luck and extreme misfortune infests your pathetic souls for all eternity... haha, IM OUT. now say what you will, I wont see it lol.
Well that's just about the meanest thing I've ever read on this forum.
Adam
nullity

Post by nullity »

It's important to learn from the unintended consequences of any choice.

You blame others for the way your thread turned out.
You will not help resolve the situation you unintentionally created.
You start a thread focused on you...

I dunno man... I'm kinda glad you're leaving. :o
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

May you live long and prosper. I sincerely hope that you would still retain a Tuff in future.

Take care and all the best.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Spyderbro

Post by Spyderbro »

nullity wrote: I dunno man... I'm kinda glad you're leaving. :o
Wow...
[CENTER]Speak to people as if they were directly in front of you. [/CENTER]
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Spyderbro wrote:DCDesigns, I agree with you.
There are about a half dozen members who "run" the forum & another dozen "wanna bees".
Yup. Those members are the reason I went from being a daily, active participant here to more of a 'watch from the sidelines' member.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

Bye good luck
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I don't think many (if anyone) called DC a troll. Maybe I'm wrong but he never talked about "throwing it in the trash".

It's the Internet folks. Forums get silly and this one a peting zoo comparatively. Free speech is a double edged sword, etc.

Take care DC. Don't take people too seriously. Life's too short and in my short experience people tend to be...people. :(
Joshua J.

Post by Joshua J. »

He'll be back.

I can understand why he was frustrated, but I actually enjoyed a few parts of the other thread. At the very least it was more stimulating than your average topic.
JCP1969

Post by JCP1969 »

APS wrote:Well that's just about the meanest thing I've ever read on this forum.
I happen to agree although I know he said it with a smile!
I believe in safe queens , they do exist!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Pretty sure I made the troll comment and I thought it was pretty clear who I directed it towards since I quoted the person I said it to. I must have missed something in that thread cause I still don't understand how this turned out so badly.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Evil D wrote:Pretty sure I made the troll comment and I thought it was pretty clear who I directed it towards since I quoted the person I said it to. I must have missed something in that thread cause I still don't understand how this turned out so badly.
he deleted the thread to cover it up. we can't go back and quote anything and he can point his finger wherever he wants. Heres the way i see it... he is mad for being on the receiving end of something he normally does to others. I was one of those people who he turned my orange para thread.... when i was talking about it being XHP.... into a WTF WHY WOULD YOU ASK FOR THAT. I for one am not going to miss him on these forums.
JCP1969

Post by JCP1969 »

nullity wrote:It's important to learn from the unintended consequences of any choice.

You blame others for the way your thread turned out.
You will not help resolve the situation you unintentionally created.
You start a thread focused on you...

I dunno man... I'm kinda glad you're leaving. :o
very observant +1

-1 on him leaving.
I believe in safe queens , they do exist!